What's new

Injustice - Boon tweets more "big" character reveals coming soon

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
I don't know much about Batman stuff and I'm wondering Who would win in a fight Scarecrow vs Bane
Bane would win. It's all situational though. If Scarecrow can successfully get his fear gas on Bane, then he could stand a fair chance. Otherwise, in a straight fight, Bane wins easily. Bane can go toe-to-toe with Batman when it comes to straight fighting. Scarecrow relies solely on his ability to drug you with fear gas and mess with your head, making you see things, causing you to panic and get the upperhand etc.

Crane hasn't earned the right Joker has. You act like the fanbase for Scarecrow (or anyone else in BatU) is anywhere near the Joker's.
Yeah, Joker is in a league of his own. That's why I don't just label some characters as just "Batman characters". Joker is so far beyond Batman at this point. He's regarded as one of the best villains in all of comics, DC and Marvel. He usually tops the list with Magneto. The guy has his own merch. in stores, his own stories, his own ridiculously popular fanbase.

In terms of the Batman rogues gallery though, it's probably something like:

1. Joker

2. Catwoman
3. Harley Quinn
4. Two-Face
5. Riddler
6.Scarecrow

Bane has certainly made a jump due to TDKR. One would have to wonder where Ivy, Freeze, and Penguin all rank up in terms of popularity amongst the masses(you have to consider casual fans, hardcore fans etc.). They'd definitely take the next 3 spots though, then would come Ra's al Ghul, Killer Croc, and Clayface etc.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
For the record, Chis Evan WAS Torch. Even though I can't think of anyone better to play Cap, it still feels wrong somehow.

I'm Canadian; I know who Ryan Reynolds is. I used to watch him on "Two Guys, A Girl and a Pizza Place" (yes, that actually was a show...)
I said the same thing, didn't i? lol Chris Evans played HT and Cap. and i didnt say you don't knos Ryan, when i said dude in Blade i meant he played some dude (can't remember the character's name) in Blade's 3rd movie -

trufenix

bye felicia
Not even part of my argument. I was comparing Crane to Joker to contrast your opinion of him "not being fit for fighters" which was incorrect anyway.

GGs though
Yeah, and Joker gets that right because he's the biggest Batman villain ever. Scarecrow is just "barely" eligible for a fighter and he's a nobody.

Should we consider Alfred and Commissioner Gordon too?

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I told you guys it was Wednesday. :)

BlackCyborg I don't think Cats is the second most popular character, lol. She's very well known though.
hmmm really? I mean come on every halloween there are WOMEN AND MEN wearing Catwoman outfits - she is VERY FAMOUS i'd say lol even before the disaster Halle Berry Catwoman movie where her name was Patience?? :confused:

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't been as vocal about it lately, but I'd also love to see Martian Manhunter if Raven isn't the reveal.

MM I could picture having counterzoning capabilities too.

Mikayel

Well-Known Gay Member
I haven't been as vocal about it lately, but I'd also love to see Martian Manhunter if Raven isn't the reveal.

MM I could picture having counterzoning capabilities too.
Preach it!! I am praying to all the gods of this universe for it to be MMHunter - that is also what i just tweeted to @InjusticeGame :D

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
I told you guys it was Wednesday. :)

BlackCyborg I don't think Cats is the second most popular character, lol. She's very well known though.
Well...it's really your perception of the character's fanbase and opinion on how exactly they are ordered...but, to support my reasoning for why she is #2:

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/top-35-batman-characters

Catwoman received the 2nd most votes of all the villains.

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/best-batman-characters.asp

Catwoman comes in as the 3rd best Batman character. Right behind Joker and Batman.

http://houseofgeekery.com/2011/10/26/top-10-batman-villains-complete-list/

Cateoman takes #3, right behind Joker and Riddler.

http://comics.ign.com/top-100-villains/11.html

Catwoman takes #11 on IGN's 100 greatest comic book villains list. Only behind Joker(#2) and Ra's(#7) as far as Batman villains go.

I will also point out:
-She was featured in the Batman 60's T.V. show
-Featured in some of Batman's best stories(Year One, TDKReturns, Long Halloween, Hush etc.)
-She was in the Animated Series
-She was in Batman Returns
-She has her own comic book series
-Featured in MKvsDC
-Featured in Arkham City
-She was in TDKR

I think the evidence shows, she's easily in the top 5 Batman "villains"(she's not really a villain anymore). And I stand by my opinion, that she'd be #2. It's hard, because Batman has so many popular villains(Joker, Catwoman, Harley, Two-Face, Riddler, Scarecrow, Bane, Ivy, Freeze, Ra's etc.) that it's tough to make any sort of concrete list. But from what i've seen, she usually outranks most others besides the Joker, on many lists.

Courtney

Burn in my Light
Bane would win. It's all situational though. If Scarecrow can successfully get his fear gas on Bane, then he could stand a fair chance. Otherwise, in a straight fight, Bane wins easily. Bane can go toe-to-toe with Batman when it comes to straight fighting. Scarecrow relies solely on his ability to drug you with fear gas and mess with your head, making you see things, causing you to panic and get the upperhand etc.

Yeah, Joker is in a league of his own. That's why I don't just label some characters as just "Batman characters". Joker is so far beyond Batman at this point. He's regarded as one of the best villains in all of comics, DC and Marvel. He usually tops the list with Magneto. The guy has his own merch. in stores, his own stories, his own ridiculously popular fanbase.

In terms of the Batman rogues gallery though, it's probably something like:

1. Joker

2. Catwoman
3. Harley Quinn
4. Two-Face
5. Riddler
6.Scarecrow
Two Face is too high and prolly Harley(as much as I love her) is too high

BlackCyborg

I am Arkham
Yeah, and Joker gets that right because he's the biggest Batman villain ever. Scarecrow is just "barely" eligible for a fighter and he's a nobody.

Should we consider Alfred and Commissioner Gordon too?
You are missing the point of a fighting game. It's not meant to showcase only the best fighters in a plausible manner. It's meant to allow fans to play as their favorites. Plain and simple.

At the end of the day, Scarecrow would make a very interesting character. I can imagine him having some insane specials, that would be a visual spectacle. Imagine him fear gassing the opponent's, casuing various creepy effects. From bugs(giant tarantulas, roaches, beetles), creatures(snakes, crocodiles, zombies, scorpions), and objects(needles, syringes, barbed wire, chainsaws) to playing up phobias and other psychological fears. Enclosed spaces. Heights etc. He could weild a scythe. There's a lot of possibilities that would make him a FUN character to play as. Which is the point. Not how realistic it is.

So the Alfred and Gordon statement doesn't apply.