What's new

Injustice 2 First Balance Patch Reactions, Hype and Tears Thread

You have to spend a bar now for damage. Bottom 5. :DOGE
At what point did I say that the nerf wasn't fine ? I just stated that the other guy completely ignored the main change , the nerfs he got were huge (And justified) think before you reply with a dumb response like that next time.

Vick

Noob
At what point did I say that the nerf wasn't fine ? I just stated that the other guy completely ignored the main change , the nerfs he got were huge (And justified) think before you reply with a dumb response like that next time.
Black magic nerf doesnt really hurt him because he has other tools so idc about the bitching that ensues because of it(which you did do) He now has one useless move... Boohoo That and a damage nerf is basically all he got hit with until we see the patch. Im pretty sure 113 xx trait will jail into whatever string you use afterwards. The fool has more jailing strings than A list Cage. He's still gonna be good unless they're hitting him with something they didnt state.

Black magic nerf doesnt really hurt him so idc about the bitching that ensues because (which you did) That and a damage nerf is basically all he got hit with until we see the patch. Im pretty sure 113 xx trait will jail into whatever string you use afterwards. He's still gonna bpe good unless they're hitting him with something they didnt state.
Dude read my reply , I literally just corrected him on " he only got a damage nerf" and you're a moron if you think that's not a big nerf , It deffo is and it does hurt him but there's no issue with that with me and I even said that it was justified (Even though it could've been approached differently)

Vick

Noob
Dude read my reply , I literally just corrected him on " he only got a damage nerf" and you're a moron if you think that's not a big nerf , It deffo is and it does hurt him but there's no issue with that with me and I even said that it was justified (Even though it could've been approached differently)
Now who's not reading. Never said it wasnt a big nerf. I said it doesnt hurt him in the grand scheme of things because he's still a powerhouse. Problem is your getting emotional over it so... :)

Catwoman : Fair changes, she needed thoses tweaks because she was way too strong. Those tweaks seems efficient and I don't think the gameplan will be affected that much. Good work on CW's balance NRS.

Canary : I don't honestly think she needed these buffs, even if I'm happy to see the 112 now safe on block, but some changes are maybe a little too much.

WW : I'm happy to see these changes, even if the b23 plus on block wasn't really needed. I love the recovery buff on the trait. I like these changes.

Now who's not reading. Never said it wasnt a big nerf. I said it doesnt hurt him in the grand scheme of things because he's still a powerhouse. Problem is your getting emotional over it so... :)
If it's a big nerf then that means it would hurt him lol , I'm not getting emotional over it you just went "can't combo meterlessly now so he's bottom 5" as if I ever Implied that. Unless you have something relevant to say don't reply to me

Vick

Noob
If it's a big nerf then that means it would hurt him lol , I'm not getting emotional over it you just went "can't combo meterlessly now so he's bottom 5" as if I ever Implied that. Unless you have something relevant to say don't reply to me
Comprehension get.... I explained why I think it doesnt hurt him too much because he has ways around it. DIDNT say it wasnt a Big nerf. T

My initial reply was poking fun at you for playing that easy mode character. Thats all.

I don't get what they were saying about Swamp Thing. As I heard it, his grabs have armour and can block projectiles, but only after they've grabbed you ... which means that you've been grabbed and can't shoot projectiles. Am I missing something here?

Does that mean that if he grabs the guy after the projectile launches but before it hits, then he has armour against the projectile?
It will no longer knock you out of the grab animation if you're shot while the opponent is grabbed. It's not full armor but this situation happens often enough that it'll be useful if you have trait out. I think they should have just given vine grab one hit of armor period but this seems ok. They made some really mild changes to ST. He didn't get buffed to the moon like Braniac

This patch is very cool. They forgot Joker tho
I hope they will put a competitive default non ranked option cause i'm done of testing my level 2 random pg that i have fun with and just learnt two bnb just to drop by like 1/2k positions in 10 games :c
The whole gear thing is a great customization idea but they should fix this, no time to waste in going non competitive with people that will pull off their lv 20 3000+ str pgs smelling an easy victory vs my level 3 gearless Swamp Thing.

Random thoughts:
Aquaman goes from top2 to top20, not actual "murder", but i guess that people that used him for his easy to use OP tools for everything will drop him. Wonderin who they will use, i see an initial rise in Supergirls, WoWo, etc but they will drop them all after a short period. Probably we will see more Superman due to being top10 and more or less similar (and not hard) gameplan in all MU. And obviously Adam (that will require more brain vs a lot of mu now). I played a lot Aqua since first week of Injustice 2 cause i loved his ftd, one of the best moves ever... seeing that nerf yesterday was heartbreaking, but any less would have kept him in top10 i guess.

Many new top10 lists are completely sleepin on Harley, she was probably top10 before or at least very close, and her bad match ups got nerfed. Especially Aquaman that had answers to everything Harley could try.

Darkseid might be top5 now, but his weird gameplan will prevent many players from using him.

Joker stays the same... i hope it's a funny joke LOL
He's actually fun to play and decent in some mu, but he has clear stupid issues that should be fixed. I mean, he struggle to zoners, struggle to pressure (no wakeup to make them respect Joker a bit). Normals hitboxes are meh, d1 mb gunshot whiffing on 10+ pg, d1 ultra short (but there are worse ones so ok), ji2 hitbox meh, very good backdash but very mediocre options to whiff punish with hit.
Even SonicFox dropping combos and stuff with him in offline events...
Not even talkin about buffs/nerf.

Depending on just how much damage she gets, she could easily be top 5 now.
I agree, all depends on the damage, she can be top10 or top5.
By my huge experience in that match up (>1000 offline games with my brother) my feeling is that she will be top10 but not top5 due to exploitable gaps in her only two actual ways to land mb breath by anyone that has a fast poke. Aquaman out of games (very good thing for SG) but the rest of the cast that give her hard time is still there. And with some non zoners getting buffs will be even more complicate. Again, waiting to see the damage changes.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
New top 10 predictions

1. Supergirl
2. Darkseid
3. Red Hood
4. Black Canary
5. Black Adam
6. Poison Ivy
7. Harley
8. Cheetah
9. Brainac
10 . Is up in the air depends on how well dr.fate,robin,swamp thing,gorilla grood,wonderwomen,bane,and captain cold do with their new changes. I'm very excited to see how things play out now

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Only shocking thing about this new patch is Joker/Cyborg not getting any changes.

Beetle is solid.
I'm not too surprised by Cyborg, I dont feel he NEEDED any changes. I'm gonna continue to bitch about the grapple input not beig changed though... this will always piss me off lol

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
I feel like Darkseid may be top 5 now. Shocked he didn't get any nerfs.
My predicted new top 5 no particular order:
Black Adam
Superman
Darkseid
Batman
Catwoman

Last edited:

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Damn, I had jokes and GIFs ready for either of your answers. I guess you win this one.
We won every discusdion in SG being "cancer" discussion, bruh. I had GIFs ready for most of your posts related to SG. Damn. You silly c*nt <3. I expect (no, demand) more salt in SG General thread once the patch hits.

Also FU2 mate, when you finally gonna get ur Ass on PSN?!

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Was taking notes during the stream. Feel free to pin these or copy them.

Injustice 2 confirmed patch changes.

Subzero - No Changes

Swamp THing - When trait is active, Swamp has armor on his vine grab. (can absorb a projectile) Trait Recovers and activates faster

Trait stays active when blocking.

More defense for big body characters.

Aquaman - Mb tenticle strike does not launch anymore.Reduced chip damage on trident rush, and damage on hit.B123 is now slightly negative on block

Catwoman - J2 is adjusted. It's aimed up a little bit.B3 has more recovery on whiff. Hurt region adjusted. Reduced pushback on block
Reduce damage via damage scaling. No Armor on meter burn cat dash!!! Trait no longer has wakeup invincibility.

Atrocitus - Dextar moves now take more trait bars. F223~Puke is now no longer a true block string.YOu can duck the puke. F22 puke is STILL a true block string.
Vomit advantage is the same regardless of distance now.

Flash - BF2 (lightning punch) is now slightly faster. Running man stance lost ability to combo in the corner for free, but he has a safe option off running man stance.Damage scaling given to trait combos

Harley - No Changes.

Green Lantern - No Changes

Batman - MB Batarangs frame advantage reduced.

Red Hood - Head Dive slower on startup (nerf) Mb Restand trait combo reduce advantage (nerf)

Superman - BF3 Superman punch is now a high (not a mid), and it has lost armor. Rising Grab has more recovery frames on whiff and block. Damage scaling.

Joker - No Changes.

Gorilla Grodd - Defense increasing. Stampede now does a lot more damage. Can now cancel into telekenetic push and trait moves immediately after hitting trait. (Faster)
Infinite combo removed from the game.

Cheetah - 223 combo safe on block. 332 string now advantage on block. (Made her stronger when she gets in)

Deadshot - B1 slower and more negative on block. B12 is now negative on block. D1 is now 7f d1.(buff) F1 is no longer 6f it's 8f)

Poison Ivy - D2 is now faster. Hitbox on it has been tremendously improved. Vine Slingshot stance has better damage scaling. She gets more damage from it.
D1~ball and chain mb will truly link. Her combo damage has been increased overall.

Super Girl - Damage Scaling improved. She will do slightly more damage in combos. MB Breath now does a few percent of damage now. B123 is now safe on block. (Yuck) Still has the gap in B12~breath

2 has more frames, but it's now a mid.

Green Arrow - No Changes.

Doctor Fate - Glyph move less punishable on block.(still negative)

Blue Beetle - No Changes (!?)

FireStorm - No Changes

Black Canary - 112 now safe on block. 112~throw is a true tic throw. (!) 33 is now + on block. More moves out of cartwheel have more pushblock on block. The upkick is now safe. B12 now does more damage and is safe on block.

Darkseid - No Changes

Wonder Woman - Air Shield and Ground Shield now fucntion identically. They both can create a full combo. F23 Is now safe on block. (safe low) B23 is now + on block. Still has the gap and pushback.
Trait recovers much quicker on activation and can be used within combos or strings.

Black Adam - Damage Scaling across the board. Needs a bar to combo now. Orbs scale in combo.
(regular combo now does 414 with trait in combo)

Captain Cold - Hitbox adjustments. S3 is a great anti air now. Less recovery on arctic trap. Removed gap on the full screen ice wall.

Robin - F3 fixed. Can now aim far or close F3. 212 sword hitboxes fixed. Swoop Mb fixed.

Braniac - Damage increased on a lot of different attacks. Trait can now be held in. As long as he doesn't let it go, it wont go away on block or hit.

Bane - Increased Defense. MB moves now do more damage. standing 1 is now faster.

Scarecrow - No Changes.

Interactables - More cooldown added to some interactables.
@STORMS