What's new

Tech In reality, we should talk more about these Anti Wakeup Option Selects

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
command~special, works even with d3, d1 , as to combine against a ghost hitbox.
what about d4? will that work??

and what u did with stryker is basically, b3 batonsweep, and 2 right? in open space the full string would come out correct?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
what about d4? will that work??

and what u did with stryker is basically, b3 batonsweep, and 2 right? in open space the full string would come out correct?
Yeah.

If I didn't get hit, the baton sweep wouldn't come out and the 2 would come out instead.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Yeah.

If I didn't get hit, the baton sweep wouldn't come out and the 2 would come out instead.
what u mean didn't get hit? how does it have anything to do with it? If ur b3 (or f3 i forget the input) makes contact with the invincible hitbox, your able to special cancel even tho u technically didn't hit the other player. What does it have to do with YOU being hit?

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
what u mean didn't get hit? how does it have anything to do with it? If ur b3 (or f3 i forget the input) makes contact with the invincible hitbox, your able to special cancel even tho u technically didn't hit the other player. What does it have to do with YOU being hit?
Because you also technically hit someone when they tech roll, but the special does not come out.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I can't believe that people still to this day don't understand how the game works.

I remember the video that Vulcan Hades made way back and hoped it would be explored further.

EGP_Shoryuken used it waaaaaaaaaaaaay back with Sub vs Reptile to stop him from doing dash on wakeup. He would do d4~clone and if Reptile did the wakeup, the d4 would whiff and the clone would come out but now Sub is airborne so Reptile gets frozen.

Here's what happens in the video... Any attack that makes contact during the invincibility frames of a wakeup attack act as if it was blocked and you can 2-in-1 a special from it just like any other time a move hits or is blocked. So when you do the b3, it connects but hits the invincibility frames and does nothing but the followup special comes out which has armor. Armor, as we all should know, beats any other armor that is currently active unless it is an Xray, but then your Xray armor wins if done after your opponent's Xray is already out lol ... anyways, your armor absorbs the wakeup attack and you hit them. You can do this with Stryker's Xray as well.

Therein lies the problem with this "tech".... Your special move or Xray will still come out if they get up and block. You lose your meter and they can now punish you.

F
I can't believe that people still to this day don't understand how the game works.

I remember the video that Vulcan Hades made way back and hoped it would be explored further.

EGP_Shoryuken used it waaaaaaaaaaaaay back with Sub vs Reptile to stop him from doing dash on wakeup. He would do d4~clone and if Reptile did the wakeup, the d4 would whiff and the clone would come out but now Sub is airborne so Reptile gets frozen.

Here's what happens in the video... Any attack that makes contact during the invincibility frames of a wakeup attack act as if it was blocked and you can 2-in-1 a special from it just like any other time a move hits or is blocked. So when you do the b3, it connects but hits the invincibility frames and does nothing but the followup special comes out which has armor. Armor, as we all should know, beats any other armor that is currently active unless it is an Xray, but then your Xray armor wins if done after your opponent's Xray is already out lol ... anyways, your armor absorbs the wakeup attack and you hit them. You can do this with Stryker's Xray as well.

Therein lies the problem with this "tech".... Your special move or Xray will still come out if they get up and block. You lose your meter and they can now punish you.
Lol yeah it seems to me the mk community evolves really slow. I look threw my character formus sometimes hoping to find something new and the only thing I find is.people rediscovering things that have been out for awhile. I'm not sure if its cuz we're getting new players all the time or the regular members just don't pay attention. I think coming from sf games you tend to look for option selects, safe jumps, frame traps ext... right when you start to play a new fighting game.

Anyways enough of my rambling. About those option selects, there's actually a safe way of doing them where they become true option selects. If depends on the normal you are using and the wake up they are doing. If you use a normal that is long in duration or a high normal then it helps make it a true option select.
For example if I wanted to beat kabal out of an en dash or saw blades on wake up with liu, but didn't want to risk him blocking and my special still coming out. Then I would do a standing 2 into a en dragon kick or bicycle kick. The only way that it would make contact is if he did a wake on his invincibility frame other wise my 2 would recover by the time he's able to stand block and nothing comes out. Same goes for using d4s into armored moves, you have to time the d4 to hit them only if they wake up on the frame, if the dont wake up on their first invincibility, you will recover if they decided to block. Sry if it doesn't make complete sence but I'm texting threw a phone and its hard to type with this thing.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
For example if I wanted to beat kabal out of an en dash or saw blades on wake up with liu, but didn't want to risk him blocking and my wake up still coming out. Then I would do a standing 2 into a en dragon kick or bicycle kick. The only way that it would make contact is if he did a wake up on his invincibility frame other wise my 2 would recover by the time he's able to stand block and nothing comes out. Same goes for using d4s into armored moves, you have to time the d4 to hit them only if they wake up on the frame, if the dont wake up on their first invincibility, you will recover if they decided to block. Sry if it doesn't make complete sence but I'm texting threw a phone and its hard to type with this thing.
Very smart... gives me ideas ^_^