What's new

Tech In reality, we should talk more about these Anti Wakeup Option Selects

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Every character can do this by cancelling specific normals (usually ones that hit lower, doesn't necessarily have to be lows) to armored specials.... or for those who don't have armored ex moves - X-ray.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Every character can do this by cancelling specific normals (usually ones that hit lower, doesn't necessarily have to be lows) to armored specials.... or for those who don't have armored ex moves - X-ray.
Yes but I feel that we can do more with this.

Mikemetroid What do you find so weird about it? That's basically what an option select is. In AE you input a move that will blow up your opponents counter to your initial move. The difference being that the OS only comes out if the initial move whiffs.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Mikemetroid What do you find so weird about it? That's basically what an option select is. In AE you input a move that will blow up your opponents counter to your initial move. The difference being that the OS only comes out if the initial move whiffs.
Whats really weird is because I'm not really hitting the person, I'm hitting their invulnerability frames to activate the move.

LEGEND

YES!
I have never seen anti wakeup OSs to this degree.
Mainly because there are better options for most characters

And this works so well for Stryker by pure chance, His normals' speed and range combine perfectly with his untechable knockdowns to OS with armor. Armor that he got from a rushed patch. . .

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Mainly because there are better options for most characters

And this works so well for Stryker by pure chance, His normals' speed and range combine perfectly with his untechable knockdowns to OS with armor. Armor that he got from a rushed patch. . .
well can I say this at least?

HE NEEDS IT

Whats really weird is because I'm not really hitting the person, I'm hitting their invulnerability frames to activate the move.
That happens in AE too lol.

Not sure why it works like that, but it happens.

@0:05 that ultra wouldn't come out if he would've hit thin air with the cr.MK

I'm guessing it has to do with hitbox collision?

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Mikemetroid So is Mike, this works with all the characters, is a kind of phantom hit, this comes from capcom and snk games.
I used this in SF alpha 3 and KOF 2002 is very useful has helped me a lot, it is important that the movement has armor but in some cases is not necessary.
In these games was possible in any part of the screen, near the opponent or away of the opponent, in mk9 is only possible for the invisible properties of wakeup, (very close of the opponent) otherwise not work. Last year I did a sample video for people to explore this:

Note: in sf 4 is only possible near the opponent as mk9, I do not know why they removed this...

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Mikemetroid So is Mike, this works with all the characters, is a kind of phantom hit, this comes from capcom and snk games.
I used this in SF alpha 3 and KOF 2002 is very useful has helped me a lot, it is important that the movement has armor but in some cases is not necessary.
In these games was possible in any part of the screen, near the opponent or away of the opponent, in mk9 is only possible for the invisible properties of wakeup, (very close of the opponent) otherwise not work. Last year I did a sample video for people to explore this:

Note: in sf 4 is only possible near the opponent as mk9, I do not know why they removed this...
wait wait wait. so how does this all work again? do u have to do the input for the special and then the command? or do the command first?

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
"The problem is it requires a good read and the timing can be tricky because of different wake up moves start up times. For example with sektor against kabal, doing d4~xray on kabal's wakeup will work on all his options except EX dash, because it is way faster than all of his other options. So instead, I would use f2~Xray because it is faster link than d4~Xray but is harder to confirm."

quoted from myself