What's new

"I'm In A Nightmare" -- Batman General Discussion Thread

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
It can leave you at disadvantage though because batman still takes time to recovery from whiffed slide. I like do end combos with ex grapple hook and do neutral j 2 22, then 112 4 (if you have bat traits ready to come out) b23. They can't hit/jump/back dash/super after 112 bats, block stun is crazy and once its cancel into the bats you recover immediately and can go into b2.
wow, thanks man. I like this alot.

But what I am getting at, is because of the disadv, using the bats to cover your ass on the slide. let them go during the recovery of the slide to get them to block so you can recover and come back in for pressure. Whatcha think?

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
It can leave you at disadvantage though because batman still takes time to recovery from whiffed slide. I like do end combos with ex grapple hook and do neutral j 2 22, then 112 4 (if you have bat traits ready to come out) b23. They can't hit/jump/back dash/super after 112 bats, block stun is crazy and once its cancel into the bats you recover immediately and can go into b2.

The advantage from 22 keeps them jailed for the first 1 of 112 to hit? Don't need to worry about crouching bastards?

Looks like 112 ex batarang gives you a free jump in as well but JI2 doesn't jail so I'm not sure if its another free string. Does the dive kick jail for a free string or is practically useless?

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Why can't I MB grapple hook after 113 string?
try using b3 after 113. like if you hit confirm a j2 into 113(you should really only use 113 on block if they are conditioned since it is interruptable).

something like 113 b3 df1MB <follow up>

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
I was wondering what everyone's play style is when using Batman. Are you aggressive? Defensive? Do you take a balanced approach?

ELC

Scrublord McGee
I play him as a bait-based rushdown. Go for a hard knockdown, punish the wakeup with Parry, and once they respect the parry go crazy.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
rush down, whiff punisher mostly. I'll zone for a while though if i get a major life lead or i feel like it, lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
hwats his f3 cross up?

also i don't quite understand how im supposed to play batman.

ELC

Scrublord McGee
In terms of combos, Bats is like Scorpion and Sub-Zero combined. Sub-Zero because he can push the opponent into the corner from 1/4 to 1/2 screen away, and Scorpion because he can escape the corner and put his opponent there. He's also about ending combos with j.3 > Scatter Bomb for the untechable knockdown and the ability to set-up Okizeme conditioning such as Parrying wake-ups.

The problem I have with Bats is getting damage in: his pokes are short and his mixups are lacking. I'm guessing he's more or less based on footsies and whiff-punishing, but still it seems like he should have more rushdown option ya'know?

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
While I'm nowhere near on the level of UsedForGlue or @CURBOLICIOUS, I do play quite a bit of Batman. One of my problems with The Dark Knight is this: His pokes are kind of poo. What I mean is that they seem to have very, very short reach. What this means is that Bats can be out-poked by certain (Aquaman) characters (Aquaman) with long (Aquaman) pokes. How do we get around this? Also, I'm running into a constant issue of having my strings poked out of. The only thing that's helped negate this is some string staggering, but it ends the pressure as so far, my opponents' haven't respected the string follow ups.

One more thing: What are his anti-air options. I've tried using this d2 that he has, but my results have been spotty at best.

....And yes, I need to level up.

Axel_Redd

since most of his strings are duckable, does that mean he's not that good? o3o

anyways, what exactly is the goal of this character besides run in an do combos?

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
use bats... always... constantly. ... if someone ducks your string... release bat. do an unsafe string... release bats... remember that while you have one bat out the meter is still charging for the other 2... one bat at all time... more are just for combo extentions.

Axel_Redd

use bats... always... constantly. ... if someone ducks your string... release bat. do an unsafe string... release bats... remember that while you have one bat out the meter is still charging for the other 2... one bat at all time... more are just for combo extentions.
wait u can call out the other bats when you have 1 and the others finish charging? how??

but i mean, is this character supposed to rush down? use setups?

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
when you have one bat the others will still charge. when you release the one bat you can then immediately call more bats... I think he's more of a rushdown character with some zoning. with meter and bats he zones well... and bats provide the get in... he can't zone with the best ones and he doesn't have good pokes. its all about the bats right now lol. watch justin wong on last WNF for an idea. that is until we get to really see REO's batman.

Axel_Redd

when you have one bat the others will still charge. when you release the one bat you can then immediately call more bats... I think he's more of a rushdown character with some zoning. with meter and bats he zones well... and bats provide the get in... he can't zone with the best ones and he doesn't have good pokes. its all about the bats right now lol. watch justin wong on last WNF for an idea. that is until we get to really see REO's batman.
he needs sum better pokes o3o BUFF IT UP!!!

his divekick mixup still worth using at all?

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
he needs sum better pokes o3o BUFF IT UP!!!
maybe... still to early to tell... there might be some real nasty stuff with bats and it's already pretty good. you can do some pretty funny stuff. 3/4 screen sllide with bats out on a zoner they get greedy and come in for punish... RELEASE THE BATS... lol combo while they face palm.

Axel_Redd

maybe... still to early to tell... there might be some real nasty stuff with bats and it's already pretty good. you can do some pretty funny stuff. 3/4 screen sllide with bats out on a zoner they get greedy and come in for punish... RELEASE THE BATS... lol combo while they face palm.
u mean wiff his Scorpion-ish takedown and release the bats?

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
u mean wiff his Scorpion-ish takedown and release the bats?
yup... really you can whiff anything with bats and anticipation... and things like supermans forward 23 that he can just keep repeating? BATS... good supes will anticipate or try to heat ray your bats gone but most supes aren't good supes yet.

Axel_Redd

yup... really you can whiff anything with bats and anticipation... and things like supermans forward 23 that he can just keep repeating? BATS... good supes will anticipate or try to heat ray your bats gone but most supes aren't good supes yet.
thats ok, i'll just adapt to that then :p. Btw, thats my biggest problem that bats dissapear after one hit.

Jy0

Destroyer of Lazy
thats ok, i'll just adapt to that then :p. Btw, thats my biggest problem that bats dissapear after one hit.
definitely don't hold on to em.. activate the 3 early then activate one asap... release as soon as another charges etc