What's new

Tech "I'm Gonna Enjoy This!" -Official Nightwing BnB thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AssassiN

Noob
I hitconfirm B2 with F213, Flipkick. 33 isn't a problem for me as well.
F213 I can hitconfirm sometimes, in the corner it's easier to hitconfirm F213, 112, B2 and 33.

7r17r1

Noob
He does not have any Hit Confirm Strings.
From my experience :
The easiest confirm is b2, then 22 and 33 are confirmable aswell
f213 is a bit harder, but still doable
I still can't confirm d12, but I think it's not impossible, I'm training on it
11 seems impossible to hit-confirm

I actually sold this game away because of connection issues just because I hailed from Asia then I saw DocDark's video.. My god I regretted and repurchased the game again.. Now regretting it once more due to not connecting to opponents :(

Let me add a few combos in
Non-corner:
f.213 xx trait xx MB.Ground Blast b.3 j.3 1 xx Flying Grayson
f.213 xx EF b.3 j.2 j.2 xx Wingdings
f.213 xx EF b.3 xx trait xx j.3 d.2 xx staff spin

Off of the godly b.2:
b.2 xx trait xx MB.Ground Blast b.3 j.3 1 xx Flying Grayson
b.2 3 xx Escrima Fury j.3 xx Wingdings
b.2 xx trait xx db.3

Corner:
f.213 xx MB.Escrima Fury j.3 f.21 xx Escrima Fury j.3 xx Wingdings

PS.
FIRST POST ON TYM! Hello my fellow Dicks.

AssassiN

Noob
From my experience :
The easiest confirm is b2, then 22 and 33 are confirmable aswell
f213 is a bit harder, but still doable
I still can't confirm d12, but I think it's not impossible, I'm training on it
11 seems impossible to hit-confirm
I think it might be possible with D12 to do: D12DF and then wait and see if it hit them to input the 2.
B11 is hitconfirmable as well.

AK Gookus

Slant-eyed Nightwing
^ Thats what I've been trying to do recently, Loving the speed and range of d12.

And Skareqro, I'm just throwing shit out there but have you tried bridging the internet connection through a computer and changing the country region?

The BnB i'm practicing with him is:
Eskrima Stance: String, EF, F3, B2, EF, J3/J2, wing ding.
Staff Stance: String, Flying Grayson (i think this is weak, but idk what else to do?

What's his BnB in the corner?
Eskrima Stance?
Staff Stance?

Thanks

Saitsu

Noob
Alright, first off since new NW's seem to be struggling with this, let's talk about his Staff Stance.

Unless you can correctly predict you landing a j2 jump in the only way you're going to get solid meterless damage off of normal stuff (you're not going to be landing stand 2 all day) is to switch to Escrima in your Strings and go into your Escrima BnB's.

Saitsu

Noob
*sigh* I really wish someone would get this stuff documented more...

b2, Main Escrima Overhead

Flip Kick, also Overhead, mainly used as a surprise Crossup into juggle with MB.

Ground Blast, best Staff low, amazing when MB

2, Staff Overhead.

And all the stance switching and strings inbetween.

Start labbing.

MLGIHydro

@MLGIHydro
I'm not sure if this has been said, and it's not in the OP.

I found a corner combo with staff that does a little less damage than the BnB in the OP, but is easier to do.

2 (overhead), U2, 1, 1, Flying Grayson (31%)

^ Thats what I've been trying to do recently, Loving the speed and range of d12.

And Skareqro, I'm just throwing shit out there but have you tried bridging the internet connection through a computer and changing the country region?
I have not tried that yet since I read around that region locked game on the PS3 usually depends on your region of your copy (probably ps3 too?) rather than where you are from.
Anyways here are somemore combos

Staff stance:
f.11 xx trait xx MB.Escrima fury b.3 j.2 j3 xx wingdings (might miss if you do max range)
f.11 xx trait xx MB.errhop? f.3 j.2 j.3 wingdings

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest

d1-2xx4xxMB Ground Spark b3 j2 3 1xxFlying Grayson 35%
Dumb question time.

Is it just me, or is that a gold Ares skin?

Also, some great stuff in this thread. Definitely going to pick up this character. TINK, TINK-TINK, TINK-TINK.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Am I the only one that hitconfirms b2 with another b2?

It's an easy hitconfirm and you get good damage.

B2 b2~escrima fury Jump 2 F213~flip kick.

Also, be wary of jumpins with nightwing.

He is negative on all of them. his best would be Ji3. JI2 leaves him pokable on block after dick lands everytime.

KidDOJO

Raiden-Scrub
I don't know if this has been posted yet - but here is a 40% midscreen ESCRIMA combo with one meter bar and also transits into STAFF mode.
It's kinda tricky to land, but it's good and cool!

j2 f2 1 3 xx Fury MB f3 j2 334 xx Staff Spin

Am I the only one that hitconfirms b2 with another b2?

It's an easy hitconfirm and you get good damage.

B2 b2~escrima fury Jump 2 F213~flip kick.

Also, be wary of jumpins with nightwing

He is negative on all of them. his best would be Ji3. JI2 leaves him pokable on block after dick lands everytime.
Can you combo off a j3?

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I don't know if this has been posted yet - but here is a 40% midscreen ESCRIMA combo with one meter bar and also transits into STAFF mode.
It's kinda tricky to land, but it's good and cool!

j2 f2 1 3 xx Fury MB f3 j2 334 xx Staff Spin
Same damage and easier imo

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
So I apologize if this has already been posted, but I was messing around with my Dick today and came across this. I don't remember seeing it in this thread, but I could be wrong.

In Staff - jump in 3, d+2,xx,d/b+2MB, b+3, b,f+3 for 38%

I'm assuming there are better enders, but I could connect with the jump in 2, 3, 1xxB,F+3 as normal off the b+3 in Staff.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

EDIT: jump in 3, d+2xxD,B+2MB, b+3, jump in 2, 1xxB,F+3 hits for 43

You sure about that eagle? Play someone with a 6 frame poke, hit it deep and see if you can do anything to beat out the poke. (6f high is going to whiff, d1 is 9f)
yes im sure. been sure for weeks. but just to satisfy you i went back and tested it again using the same method I use to test all the frame traps I have . first I will set the flash to reversal with his 6f uppercut , the reversal window is a little janky but this usually gives a good idea of if a move will work . then i set the opponent to record what ever frame trap i do and i manually try to beat it. i will re try the same set up as many times as it takes for me to get a consistent and confident answer.

on BOTH a deep Ji2 d1 was a true blockstring. nothing they could push. now granted. the d1 is a tight and timing the Ji2 is also tight but it is definitely in the realm of usable .

i will say thought while you brought it up, having a 6f high and a 9f d1 is my biggest grip about escrima. the oppoent has to be -4 for us to safely hit D1 , which is ass. if he had a 8f mid though that would be all he needed to deal with d1 spam in escrima better

Status
Not open for further replies.