What's new

IGN Interview with Ed Boon: The Terminator & Micheal Meyers Were Being Considered for MKX

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
... let me get this straight, the fucking terminator, was considered, but fucking leatherface, a much less interesting and badass character, got in instead, wow, the terminator would have been awesome why not go with alien vs terminator vs predator? that is like, a dream match up.
Im going to pick up leather face and troll you with him. Just cause.

MORDECA1

Noob
Spawn. I was eagerly anticipating Spawn.

And I know it sounds crazy to some but I think Mike Meyers could of been used as a spare skin for Jason. Neither have any dialogue. Both large supernatural silent serial killers with blades. Leatherface is an awful choice. Just a complete waste imo.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I already posted why.
I feel like The Terminator would have been cooler for a few different reasons. Firstly, he has more of a connection to MK - Kano's eye was inspired by The Terminator. Secondly, I feel like they could do more with him variation-wise. With all of the different weapons he can use and how powerful he is, there's a lot of potential. Especially if they do Terminator Genisys Arnold. Here's an idea for a variation:

At the end of Terminator Genisys, Arnold get's upgraded to one of the liquid metal Terminators. One variation could be that, and he could play kinda like Glacius from Killer Instinct. Long range arm swords, liquid teleport uppercuts, etc.
Oh yeah, one more reason why I think Terminator would be a better character: Dialogue. Jason, Predator, Leatherface, and Xenomorph all just make grunts, screams, or just stay completely silent. The Terminator would have actual dialogue, and I could imagine some funny intros between him and Kano or Tri-Borg.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
michael meyers playstyle would be so identical to jason that would be like having two characters that are reptilian and spit acid

oh wait.....
If you know stuff about said character and his movies, you can make him so interesting and appealing even for the "loyal" whining bitches TYM

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Would have preferred Shang Tsung, and Rain over guest characters to be honest, but I'll take Xenomorph & Leatherface over Michael Myers & Terminator. I would have also taken Ash Williams over Leatherface.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
loyal? nobodys going to apologize for wanting mk chars in an mk game
Oh the knee jerk. Who said they have to apologize? They just earned a title
I was saying there is potential in Myers even for them

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I made the myers recommendation on eds Twitter way back. Damn, they almost used him! Lol

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Would have been incredibly hard to give Michael Myers a different playstyle than Jason. They're both slow, methodical killers. Would have been interesting to see what they came up with, though. I've always been a huge Michael Myers fan, so I'd have preferred him over Leatherface, for sure.

I'm really wondering how the hell Leatherface is going to have 3 variations. Jason has some mythical powers and what not so I'm sure that helped the process greatly. Leatherface just has a chainsaw. This also won't be the first time a fighting game character used a chainsaw...

Eventually, MK games will be more guest characters than actual MK characters.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
What do I think? People would have still bitch and moan anyway. some gamers are so self-entitled it's fucking crazy.

E

Eldriken

Would have been incredibly hard to give Michael Myers a different playstyle than Jason. They're both slow, methodical killers. Would have been interesting to see what they came up with, though. I've always been a huge Michael Myers fan, so I'd have preferred him over Leatherface, for sure.

I'm really wondering how the hell Leatherface is going to have 3 variations. Jason has some mythical powers and what not so I'm sure that helped the process greatly. Leatherface just has a chainsaw. This also won't be the first time a fighting game character used a chainsaw...

Eventually, MK games will be more guest characters than actual MK characters.
Leatherface has used cleavers, meathooks, etc. I'm sure they can/will incorporate that into his variations. He's also not a weak individual, so he'll probably have a brawler type variation.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
So instead of an advanced robotic killing machine from the future we got an inbred with a chainsaw. That's disappointing.

Last edited: