What's new

IGN Interview with Ed Boon: The Terminator & Micheal Meyers Were Being Considered for MKX

Slymind

Noob
As far as i see, most pure MK fans would prefer them to stick to MK characters, but, i get it, there are other people out there, guests sell and there is money to be made, but, we already had 2 guests, now +2, they could very well save someone like Leatheface for MK11 or something, they could bring back at least one female MK character in his place(and i don't even play female characters), again, i understand that different characters = different appeals, but i do think they went overboard with guests this time around.

And Fujin...sigh, the stars were aligned and can't believe it didn't happen.

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
didn't realize you had no interest in discussion on a discussion forum. Carry on.
and how is you pointing out something being pointless worthy of discussion? what exactly is there to discuss about my distaste for leatherface over the terminator? enlighten me what could be said? other than. yeah it is pointless.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Actually, they weren't going to put Jason in with Freddy, they were considering in putting him in OVER Freddy. They were also considering Micheal Meyers as well
No they were both going in, but for a number of reasons, they didn't.

I even made a thread about it, but for some reason it was deleted, which pisses me off because we don't delete stuff permanently. -___-

You can see the link for it here, but it's dead: http://testyourmight.com/threads/jason.5878/#post-116527

That & friends NRS confirmed it too. lol

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
michael meyers playstyle would be so identical to jason that would be like having two characters that are reptilian and spit acid

oh wait.....

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
We could've have gotten second cyborg character with Terminator but nooooo NRS gotta be a b*tch. and add Leatherface instead smh.

Why are people saying that they would rather have Michael Myers (Slow Guy with a knife) over a guy with a Chainsaw? Jason is a slow guy with a big knife (machete)

No guest character would have been my choice but in reality they sell better. I look forward to loping your heads off with Leatherface! Imagine his Brutalities & Fatalities!!!!

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
It seems like most of TYM doesn't know a thing about Leatherface or who he is based on...Friggin' ED GEIN, man!!!

...and now Terminator would have been a better choice? Really? a guy that shoots guns and has metal underneath...really, TYM??

I wanted NO guests at all, to be clear. MK has a rich enough history with many great characters to choose from, but I swear to satan that
Bo Rai Cho better not fart or vomit all over my MKX.

Skarlet, Noob Saibot, Rain and Kabal for KP#3
Shoulda added Buffalo Bill then

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
As far as i see, most pure MK fans would prefer them to stick to MK characters, but, i get it, there are other people out there, guests sell and there is money to be made, but, we already had 2 guests, now +2, they could very well save someone like Leatheface for MK11 or something, they could bring back at least one female MK character in his place(and i don't even play female characters), again, i understand that different characters = different appeals, but i do think they went overboard with guests this time around.

And Fujin...sigh, the stars were aligned and can't believe it didn't happen.
I'd rather them get their obsession with guests out of the way now

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Hopefully Terminator will be in MK11 when we gonna get Kombat Packs of 4 characters with 3 Guest Characters. :(

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
It seems like most of TYM doesn't know a thing about Leatherface or who he is based on...Friggin' ED GEIN, man!!!
The fact that he's based on Ed Gein doesn't make him more of a fit for MK, though. There's a huge difference between liking gore and liking sadism. Honestly, gore in MK is only interesting because it's done in the context of mysticism. Gore in a vacuum is just kinda boring and cheap.

MK Led

Umbasa
If it could be done well, I'd love to see The Thing from 'The Thing'. Almost 100% guaranteed not to happen ever but imo it would be pretty fucking sweet if someone could wrap their heads around a way to make a functional character design for it.

I mean, Terminator would have been cool and all, but if they wanted someone who uses a chainsaw.. Why not pick Ash? Not trying to shit on Leatherface, but Ash is obviously the better choice for MK. He could have had funny intros, the amazing one liners, different variations with the gun/chainsaw, etc. I just don't see how they chose Leatherface out of all the characters, it's so confusing.

SoapBar

My pussy, my rules
If it could be done well, I'd love to see The Thing from 'The Thing'. Almost 100% guaranteed not to happen ever but imo it would be pretty fucking sweet if someone could wrap their heads around a way to make a functional character design for it.
Glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about that at some point.

The Thing-that is, John Carpenter's 1982 version-is my favorite horror movie of all time. I'd love to see a "Thing-infected" character introduced into a fighting game in some form.

MK Led

Umbasa
Glad I'm not the only one who has wondered about that at some point.

The Thing-that is, John Carpenter's 1982 version-is my favorite horror movie of all time.
Finally, an opinion that appeals to my sensibilities, haha. For me its a tie between Alien and Carpenter's The Thing. You see that shitty, mostly-cgi remake a few years back? eugh. Perhaps one or both of Ridley Scott's or Neill Blomkamp's Alien movies will actually be good, but I'm not getting my hopes up lol.