What's new

IGAU: Official Patch Notes v1.06 (9/24/2013) + "Mystery Skin & NRS Live Stream regarding changes"

Jack White

The Clown Prince of Crime

The Joker's reaction to reading about these patch notes in the news paper. Seriously this is absolute trash.

No fixes to his 212 or f232 combos, no laughing gas buff, and nothing to improve his nonexistent mixup game. Just a fix, 1 frame buff on his useless parry, and a frame boost on a move that only does 9-14% damage AT MOST. Fucking garbage.

Deyrax

Skarlet who ?
I'm just tired to see these patch notes every time because a 70% of it = bullshit...
For example 1: I'm happy for Sinestro, CYBORG, Shazam, Lex, Lobo, Joker, Flash, BATGIRL, but other staff is... not enough, not enough.

For example 2: Too bad that Doomsday, CЯtwoman, nightwing have received a little bonus. These buffs are ridiculous. this is it
Oh look, another "zoning master" complains about rush down characters. Who would of guessed ?

jaym7018

Noob
Obviously I'm not asking for more. I'm asking for less. Though I was hoping Flash's damage would be traded for speed...not just flat out nerfed.
All i wanted from this patch is for the gap between the best character in the game and the worst character in the game to be significantly smaller than it currently is. I got that.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
GL players = spoiled rich kids whose worlds are devastated because they have to cook their own dinner

Raven players = spoiled kids whose mom wont buy them the new ipad.
Best comment of the decade. At the next tournament we are both at, can I give you an awkwardly long hug and pinch your bum? ;)

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
sinestro is fuckin broke, he's like the smoke of this game except he could possibly be better
If smoke was in this game he would be the best character easy. anti zoning, crossup teleports, all charcters unable to dash block his smoke bombs in this game, resets. Some things we cant joke about.

Now I know you're dumb.

I'm doing it in training mode as we speak. B1 is at least -9 on block and if she does it by itself, he's getting punished with d1 slide. She can't parry b1 but she can parry the follow ups from the string.

If your gonna come at me, come correct.
do you really think a good player will follow up a blocked b1? wtf? also, the only way you are hitting that d1 is because you are not blocking on reaction with green lantern. Also dumb? way to go idiot, saying crap without proof is way to easy.

PPJ

()
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
If smoke was in this game he would be the best character easy. anti zoning, crossup teleports, all charcters unable to dash block his smoke bombs in this game, resets. Some things we cant joke about.
i was comparing them to their tier placing in their respective games and the amount of downplaying going on by the people who play those characters

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
GL still retains the top combo starter in the game and it hasn't been adjusted. Nothing wrong with that, but imo he didn't need any additional tweaking outside of that OTG.

Everyone obviously isn't going to be happy in some regard or another. Don't like that Superman/BA got nerfed? Wait for the new meta and use a new god tier.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
GL still retains the top combo starter in the game and it hasn't been adjusted. Nothing wrong with that, but imo he didn't need any additional tweaking outside of that OTG.

Everyone obviously isn't going to be happy in some regard or another. Don't like that Superman/BA got nerfed? Wait for the new meta and use a new god tier.
he needed a mobility buff.... and b1 scales alot, the most he can get is 40% 2 bars give or take 2%

NRS needs to explain this soon, some guys are saying GL lost his vortex some saying he didnt i just need clarification, if he vortex is gone he is mid tier and im dropping the game
really dont understand why he was nerfed and a character who is just as good as him like deathstroke or Frost wasnt, not saying they needed nerfs but GL definitely didnt.
all this overratedness and up play of GL is ridiculous
I think its pretty sad that someone would drop playing a game, due to 1 change do they really love winning with this cheap ass vortex so much anyway, what happened to playing a game for fun anyway, i use all characters ranked, i use everyone for personal preference, id be bored using same character over and over, so im not aboout to drop a game just for 1 change im happy with all charecters even with this patch

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
d2, f1, b1 all really solid normals
FTD is good
Solid damage
Water shield for laming out opponents if they're close to death or to stall for life leads
Trident chip damage

He's already really good without trait being thrown in there, really. It's not broken stuff...it's just really good and he gets boosted by his trait. Batman is the same way, but got a number of other nerfs in the process.

I agree with you in saying that Aquaman has very good tools. Using them is another thing altogether. Tom Brady recently posted about how hard it can be to even get a combo going safely. There is no mix up. You block low and keep an eye out for the overheads. Once you learn to block him, he wont be damaging you with anything but trident rush on block. This makes the D2 anti air a necessary tool.

a LARGE portion of the cast can bypass the trait anyway. I really do believe Aquaman is top 5, but I also believe he's balanced and fair. Now more so than ever.