What's new

If you could design one of the new fighters...

Hini

Batomancer
Some kind of Norse/Celtic amalgamation, considering MortalKombat has always been primarily inspired by eastern mythology and culture I think some kind of viking god could be cool, might be too jarring though.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Some kind of Norse/Celtic amalgamation, considering MortalKombat has always been primarily inspired by eastern mythology and culture I think some kind of viking god could be cool, might be too jarring though.
Well the celts did have someone who was occassionally called a hero of light that was reknown for his usage of a Holy Spear...I think Fate/Stay Night even referenced this for some sort of character. Perhaps someone with moves akin to Nemea from Warriors Orochi/Trinity: Souls of Zil Ol would fit the bill. Just use less armor and more celtic knot work on leather armor.
Just please don't let them give him Trident Rush.

Pretty much this with a spear.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I would create an African American male infused with Oni (NetherRealm) DNA whose real name is Terrence. This individual would be the son of Tanya who was taught since birth he is the savior of all realms from Tyranny. He would eventually learn to dislike his mother as he learns of her treachery but carries on her mission. Before his adolescence, Scorpion is sent on a mission by Quan Chi to kill Tanya and Terrence. He succeeds in killing Tanya but Terrence escapes. Terrence vows to take revenge on both even though Scorpion no longer aligns himself with the sorcerer. He also decides to keep his promise to ensure stability of the realms although his his primary mission is to exact revenge. Through his travels around the world, he comes across Cyrax who is a deserter that regain his conscious and ethics before being turned into a cyborg. Cyrax takes him under his wing as a father figure to him until he is ambushed and killed by Kano. He wishes to exact revenge on Kano as a side mission on his quest.

He will have a split personality and his three fighting styles would be him in his human form (young sh*t talking inner city kid full of confidence and awareness), his half-human/half Oni form (a mentally distraught and physically painful form for him) and Oni form (similar to drahmin in Oni form in MKD minus the Neanderthal like strikes)

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
I like creepy old dude characters:

MK 1 - Shang Tsung
Virtua Fighter - Shun Di
SSF4AE - Gen

I like the idea of a Lopan type character, driven mad with black magic and opium. Ethereal and effeminate. Ancient and cruel.

Last edited:

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
A character who runs on hype. Very flashy combos, and his damage is based upon how loud the surrounding is. If the crowd is cheering or chanting (imagine Jim chants), you could potentially get some big damage.

Has good comeback potential, if you don't mind playing to the crowd. One of his supers is a taunt that's like "GIVE ME YOUR ENERGY!" And if you can build the hype, you get buffs.

If you can't, he is just a dan hibiki.
Um I think Beowulf from Skullgirls is going to function like this.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Who? Lemme main him.
Beowulf is a pro wrestler coming out of retirement armed with a steel chair called "The Hurting". Famous for his match vs Grendel whose arm he ripped off and gets to use against you during this match he is one of the most hyped characters in the roster who won the second fan vote for who should be added to it during the Kickstarter. He does a lot of cool stuff with his chair and even uses his beowulf theme and the fact that he wears wolf furs to come up with some really cool looking themed moves. One of them is even an attack based on the 3 wolf moon tshirt joke. Plus he pipe bombs.
Everyone should play Skullgirls. Its fucking brilliant.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a really cool rogue / assassin from Outworld.
With the amount of betrayal and intrigues in their realm, one would assume that there would be guns for fire, who use magic to get in and out fast and stab their opponents with poisoned daggers to death.

He would be wearing something like a super dark poncho with chains and skulls as details. He would have a hoodie with red eyes staring out of it. He would be throwing explosive flasks, daggers, teleport around through shadows and his fatality could be him taking off the hood to showcase a monstrous head with sharp teeth, which could grow in size to bite the opponents limbs off.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
If I could design one, I'd probably have been doing exactly that instead of posting on these boards :p

khrome

Master of The Universe
There should be someone like Hercules, I don't mean in terms of power or looks but more so Hercules sleeping with dozens of women and impregnating almost all of them, and maybe there is someone with 50 daughters and let the character impregnate all his daughters like King Thespius, unlike Liu Kang who couldn't even impregnate Kitana.