What's new

If there was a game with all the broken/Most OP characters would Kabal and Kenshi be top 5?

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Ok now all fighting games are different so it would be hard to really compare in some instances. We can definitely rule out ANY tekken character that was OP and thats for sure. But could Kenshi and Kabal be top 5 if they were placed in a game that had all broken/OP characters in fighting game history into one game? Shall we make a list of them and compare? IMO Kabal and kenshi have such great specials that would make them super broken if not number one in any of the modern games that are played in tournaments now it wouldn't even be a challenge. I don't see cammy, seth or akuma being able to hand them and definitely no tekken or soul calibur character would even go toe to toe with these beats. What do you guys think?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The hilarity is that you are putting these characters in MK's environment

put these characters on a 3d plan and they're both awful.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
The hilarity is that you are putting these characters in MK's environment

put these characters on a 3d plan and they're both awful.
Well I'll consider that too. They still have their moves though. Kenshi's shoulder charge shouldn't be sidesteppable and kabals iagb would be kinda like sireena from MKA. Neither would be significantly easier to bypass in a 3D plan.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
It's impossible to do this, because characters are only good/bad based upon their game system.

I mean if you were to take a direct translation of the characters, Kabal and Kenshi would be really bad.

I mean who gives a fuck about iagb when you can have full screen aerial movement like a marvel character, waaaaaaaay more projectiles like a Touhou fighter character (I know you have no idea what this is), or infinites like Skullgirls characters (since you could only have broken out in their game.

Basically Kabal and Kenshi would get fucking RAPED.

And if you want to just say "hey are Kabal and Kenshi more broken in MK9 than other chars were in their respective games?" the answer would be helllll no.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think I get what you're going for, but I think they would get bodied by lots of 2D chars. Especially anime games and especially Marvel. Lots of chars in that game have 70-100% damage from crouching 3 frame moves with like 12 frame duration lol.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Who knows. Kabal can get him in a 111NDC infinite since he cant block hes done.
Can juggle him with Iagb into ex dash to go through his projectiles.
Ivan Ooze can attack out of hitstun.

MUGEN characters would rule.

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Kabal would get raped sideways by GGXX^Core Eddie's puddle unblockables as would Kenshi, as would everyone who has to touch the ground(Maybe not Ivan ooze)

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
SSBB Metaknight would school Kenshi.

Spotdodging or Dimensional Caping BF2, Side tilt string , rinse , repeat. If all else fails, still has Spin and Glide. (I only play Brawl casually but I'm sure anyone who knows what Metaknight could do knows that he would rape Kenshi. Not sure about Kabal though)

And IIRC, UMK3 characters would beat any MK9 character due to kara jabs?

As for SCV characters, I think Guard Impact and Just Guard will shut down Kabal's pressure. But he and Kenshi could zone so IDK.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
I think I get what you're going for, but I think they would get bodied by lots of 2D chars. Especially anime games and especially Marvel. Lots of chars in that game have 70-100% damage from crouching 3 frame moves with like 12 frame duration lol.
well ik but its a different speed. if everyone was converted to one gamespeed it would be different

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
There is no way to tell. Even a low tier character might be a broken character on another engine, simply because of the games properties.

Tiers are relevant to the way the character works on its own engine.