What's new

Idea for a for a fun/interesting tournie

Flagg

Noob
So everyone is going crazy over on the Jade forums about her match up with Kenshi. Yes it's supposed to be fun, but we know how that's going to end.

I had an idea for a tournie. I think it would make for some interesting and fun to watch match ups.

The Mid-Low tier Tournie!

The idea of this tournie would be to only allow a certain group of characters in, those from the Mids-Low. It would be fun to watch different match ups rather than the usual OP suspects, and it might be a interesting way to determine the ranking of these characters. Yes, we get it that Kenshi and kabal are broken, but we dont care about them, we care about our Mid-Low characters!

The characters I had in mind for this are:
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Noob Saibot
Jade
CSZ
Sindel
Stryker
Kano
Nightwolf
Baraka
Sheeva
Rain
Quan Chi
Kratos (for PSN)

Everyone else i've left off as I think the rest of the cast are very tournie viable.

The characters mentioned are subject for discussion, but this might make for a fun/interesting tournie? Maybe something could be set up on XBL and PSN? Having people representing at least one of the above would be a bonus.

Maybe have a one or two character lock, so you can only use one of two characters listed, for the sake of diversity).

Thoughts?

XBL: PigOfTheHut, myself, Mileena OTR, AssassinBE, Phospherax, Tokiwartooth, STB Chongo, Zoidberg, BDMao, Treadmill, BenGMan, FOREVERKING, fr stack (?), Mustard, Ketchup, LumpyMooMilk, Johnny2D, Glue,

PSN North America: Alien Substance, Kill Phil, STB Espio, AssassinBE, Lulzlou, Rampage, InFlames, xFriction_Burnsx, Beef Supreme, Viper, GhostFace, Spletty, Gamma, Mr Mileena, Death, Squeaker101, Critical-Limit,

PSN EU: Strykie, 1Man3Letters, NKZero, Prinz, BenGMan, Glue (?),

Flagg

Noob
Remember guys, something like this is for the purpose of fun but it's something of an experiment as well.

For instance, we KNOW Kenshi beats Jade....and I dont want to bring that up here, but it's true. But does Scorpion beat Mileena, or Nightwolf? Or more pertinent questions, can Jade beat Kano, Sheeva or Stryker? That is much more debate worthy. None of the characters here have really terrible match ups with each other.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well since its a different idea I don't see the harm in adding Kratos. "wahhhhh, xbox has no matchup knowledge wahhhhhhhh" doesn't mix well with "its a tourney for fun and experimentation". Just my two cents.

I guess he can go in a PSN version, im on XBL so I forget he even exists at time! Is he good, I genuinely dont know.
Oh, that's understandable. Sorry about the whole "you are a sick sonovabish" thing, lol.

He is low B-tier. Take a look at the MU chart in his sub-forum.

Flagg

Noob
Well since its a different idea I don't see the harm in adding Kratos. "wahhhhh, xbox has no matchup knowledge wahhhhhhhh" doesn't mix well with "its a tourney for fun and experimentation". Just my two cents.
Well two tournies could be run parallel to each other, one on XBL, one on PS3.

It would really be good if each character had a one or more players repping them.

Flagg

Noob
I would play using all Jade. If it's online you should take Mileena off cuz she moves up a few notches online, and thats coming from a Mileena player.
It's dubious if Mileena, or even Rain should be in this. I think Rain has something to prove, but im undecided if Mileena is just "average", or still good. I guess the list can be left open to discussion till people are 100% happy. If Mileena was dropped Pig Of The Hut, would you still take part?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Well two tournies could be run parallel to each other, one on XBL, one on PS3.

It would really be good if each character had a one or more players repping them.
I'd use kratos, but I don't even incorporate hdc's into my game with him....yet. Thats not to say I can't play with him though.

Flagg

Noob
I was thinking of character locks or each player only using one of two picks from the above. I fear the tournie would turn into a army of Sub Zero's or Rain's otherwise, with no real diversity.

Well either way if Mileenas on or not, if this happens, sign me up. I'm getting back into the game after a few months off and I'll play either Mileena, Jade, or both.

Flagg

Noob
Guys, im happy to set up a XBL tournie, but maybe someone else would like to set up a PSN one, once some rules have been established?

Anyone entering, be good if you could say which system you'd like to play on. Alien Substance, MileenaOTR, Pig Of The Hut, Killphil

Thanks.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/mk-9-tier-list-discussion-pictorial-chart-included.24377/
Flagg from B to F in REO's pictorial tier list. A and above are not to be playable.
I've never seen that, but apart from including RAIN, everyone in my list is exactly who he says are B and lower. Spooky...

Anyway Prinz, you want some of this?

AssassiN

Noob
I suggested this idea somewhere lol.
But that would be very interesting, gives the mainers of low tier a chance to win something and show themselves.

I'd include:
- Cyber Sub-Zero
- Noob Saibot
- Quan Chi
- Scorpion
- Sindel
- Baraka
- Jade
- Nightwolf
- Stryker
- Kano
- Sheeva

If I'd compete in that, I think I would pick Jade.

Flagg

Noob
I would, but I'm EU. Man, I've said this a lot today lol
Me too, which is why i've abstained from entering (so far) otherwise it would be CSZ and Kano opening a can of whoop ass!

I suggested this idea somewhere lol.
But that would be very interesting, gives the mainers of low tier a chance to win something and show themselves.

I'd include:
- Cyber Sub-Zero
- Noob Saibot
- Quan Chi
- Scorpion
- Sindel
- Baraka
- Jade
- Nightwolf
- Stryker
- Kano
- Sheeva

If I'd compete in that, I think I would pick Jade.
A couple of people have said that Mileena should be dropped. Haha, look how much love Jade is getting in this thread now!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Me too, which is why i've abstained from entering (so far) otherwise it would be CSZ and Kano opening a can of whoop ass!

A couple of people have said that Mileena should be dropped. Haha, look how much love Jade is getting in this thread now!
Can't you play with US guys if you're in Great Britain?