What's new

I want to know how to punish a raiden spammer with mileena! or other?

If you have good reaction you can counter his teleport with an uppercut (if its fast enough), a fast poke or a fast special. You can also try a throw attempt.

vs superman: dash block.

general tech vs Raiden: Abuse jump ins. Apparently Raiden has a hard time to anti-air.

I main raiden, and I'll tell you what causes me my most problems; parrys, the most underused move in this game. Smokes shake literally can shut Raiden down if you know how to use it. That plus his wakeup teleport punch will make any good Raiden stop in their tracks. Also, about Raiden not having good Anti-air, the superman is quite good, as is the electric shock is you can get it out. My 2 cents.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
as soon as you see a raiden teleport, sweep right away. he'll most likely go in for a throw, and get knocked down. THEN expect a wakeup superman, block it, full combo his ass.

Somberness

Lights
Superman on block can be punished heavily by any character. With Mileena, anything will work but something easy is using up + 4, even on max distance bounce back. You can also do a roll but you of course won't get max damage. For teleport, something that works even on late reaction is down + 3 since superman will miss and it will win against anything else he can do because of how fast and low it is. There's nothing reliable to punish teleport with a full combo though.

I only repeated what Tom Brady mentionned on the stream a while ago. He basically said Raiden was free vs cross-over jump punch for some reason.

Maybe he was wrong I dunno, but somehow I believe he's right. I saw Alex Valle and other top players abuse jumps on Raiden too so there must be some truth to it.

Oh crossovers maybe, I was at work yesterday when seeing this thread and must have missed that while quickly skimming. In normal advancing jumps is what I meant :p sorry for the confusion

DevilJin

Noob
I honestly just like to bait out the teleport, and the superman so I can poke and combo him to death. Most Raiden players breakdown once you counter those 2 options.

goodone

Noob
there isnt a legit way to always handle a raiden using a lot of teleports.

its a good move because it gives them a lot of options and the only real way to catch them on it is to read what theyre going to do. Uppercuts work good on crossovers, sweeps are good at times as are pokes, and throws can work if you catch them at the right time as well.

A good raiden isnt going to do the same thing over and over again so if you repeat the same thing on teleports hes going to punish you for it. predicting is the name of the game because everything he can do can be countered and everything you can do can be dealt with as well

Kweli

Noob
Teleports and supermans are so fast that its hard to react to them....

For most teleports I will D+3, which will low poke him. Typically stops a combo attempt OR a throw attempt......
As for supermans... get ready to punish with a combo that you can complete without whiffing (dont try to do a high hit combo that you have trouble completing... go for the easy damage)

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I know its REALLY late to comment here, but I stumbled across this and can tell you, Raiden has no good solutions for anti airs, particularly cross overs. The only tool he has to handle the cross over is to njp or superman out (and for the raidens..good luck with the njp online). the teleport is wonky in the case of a cross over and often times places Raiden right in front of the punch for full combo. the V Blast is NOT a solid anti air. It has a very slow start up , and is useless when being crossed over. He can superman a jip from the ground or in the air but thats besides the point here.

Keys to success: Milly Vs Raiden
-Down 4!!!
-Cross over jump punches, followed by mills brutal high low mix up game.
-ALWAYS expect superman on wake up.. and if you happen to get a teleport..DOWN 4!!!!
-Raidens that teleport after strings need to be thrown. ESPECIALLY b312.. it moves in a slow motion, giving you all the time in the world to anticipate the end of the string so you can move in and throw that ass.

I main Raiden and I can verify that these tactics drive me crazy. If the teleport is punished consistently like i have shown above, all thats left is for me to fight fair and face up opponents with f24's, cross overs, and jip's.

Shaylan

GamerGurl
What about Raidens that jump straight after a teleport, for a jump punch combo? I got owned by a guy doing just that. Teleported, I tried to d4, d3, d1... always ending up jumped on in a combo.

GambitTheFirst

Just some bees, please.
What about Raidens that jump straight after a teleport, for a jump punch combo? I got owned by a guy doing just that. Teleported, I tried to d4, d3, d1... always ending up jumped on in a combo.
NJP.

(Although offline I'm pretty sure the pokes would get him as he jumped).

Fenro

Nordic myth
My counters as JC player

My counters

On reaction to teleport i jump backwards for a cross up
i take a fast dash forward when they teleport and use B3 as a punisher

if you see a pattern of teleporting straight into a cross up from the raiden just do a NJP

McNasty

Moist.
If he teleports do a down 3. The reason I like this one is it pokes grab attempts beats a sweep and recovers fast enough that if he immediately crosses you up you can block. Keep in mind he might try and superman this once you've shut down his other options.