What's new

Match-up Discussion "I think you underestimate me!" Joker Match-up Discussion Thread

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Did you have any specific questions about it? Or did you want a discussion in general?

Thanks for the tag btw.
Basically how do you deal with the him constantly teleporting? I keep playing a guy online that teleports alot and back dashes after the fact if I start B1 ing him too much.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Basically how do you deal with the him constantly teleporting? I keep playing a guy online that teleports alot and back dashes after the fact if I start B1 ing him too much.
I will try to help the best I can with what I know from playing the mu.
Knowing the traveling distance is hella important. After that, seeing a pattern of their teleport and what they do before or after them. Ex. B2 teleport, back teleport torpedo, stuff like that; and figuring out what your best options are. Off bgbs you can throw far teeth and move back to ready yourself for a jump back 3 (jump back 2) if you know they will teleport behind you. At the right distance far teeth catches back teleports on wakeup but you have to practice the distance and know the teleports rec. And etc. In neutral, seeing and knowing their patterns is hella important imo because you can set yourself up to whiff punish forward dashes and teleports with f23 or bait out torpedoes. You need to be careful though imo because using the revolver isn't really as effective to shazams that will torpedo for days at 3/4s range and closer. That shit whiffs and you get hit lol.