Has NRS Gone SJW

• Yes

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 90 78.3%

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah...I only posted that link to show that people are obviously as passionate about the costumes looking "demeaning" as much as they want them to look "sexy" when I was searching for that story since people were already talking about OneAngryGamer.

I'm talking about the tweets on both sides btw on that topic, not so much the article itself. But yeah, there's various left leaning sites, right leaning, independent etc. Not many sites are unbiased now days with politics, that's why I prefer to do my own research and not believe everything on Times.com or CNN or any major network.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
With your sub-Gamergate level points and links to articles that could be jackoff material for incels everywhere, the only thing I seem to get is that you rely on the hilariously tired and not remotely true "double standard" argument, which is, again, a Gater talking point that is not based in any amount of good faith.

RoGE

Noob
MK9 female character designs looked like trash to me, I'm sorry. Having every female character barely wear anything is just poor taste imo. The women honestly look better now, you gotta leave something for the imagination, you know? NRS made the right call.

I think scarlet in MK9 looked horrible, probably one of the worst female designs in MK history lol

MKF30

I see someone has no clue what the term double standard means, I feel bad for someone if they think anything I posted is jackoff material. Poor fellow. I suppose it's easier to just ignore something when one doesn't understand, am I supposed to care about "gamergate points" because I don't Mr. Bizarro Rush. :D

Last edited:

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I see someone has no clue what the term double standard means, I suppose it's easier to just ignore something when one doesn't understand, am I supposed to care about "gamergate points" because I don't.
The point is arguing there's a double standard in pop culture sexualization between men and women and it's men who are at a disadvantage is dumb lol

A dude being shirtless to show off his muscles is not the same thing as a woman's tits and ass hanging out for sex factor, or the costume design showing off almost every inch of her vagina the way MK9 Mileena does. You are being obtuse and it's a bad faith argument.

MKF30

The point is arguing there's a double standard in pop culture sexualization between men and women and it's men who are at a disadvantage is dumb lol

A dude being shirtless to show off his muscles is not the same thing as a woman's tits and ass hanging out for sex factor, or the costume design showing off almost every inch of her vagina the way MK9 Mileena does. You are being obtuse and it's a bad faith argument.
Who if I may ask said men are at a disadvantage?

I just pointed out earlier how people are hypocrites and will bitch over women being exotically dressed while ignoring males who are, or could easily be male strippers lol since people think the chicks have been stripper worthy. I'm pretty sure we don't see Mileena's vagina though, nah I'm being realistic. You're in denial and that's a bad argument because you see what you want to see. I just call it how it is honestly. It's a video game, it's not that serious if we're going to complain about ass and tits then what about those man nips, and Shao Kahn's loin cloth? lol Same difference. It's not real brah.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
Who if I may ask said men are at a disadvantage?

I just pointed out earlier how people are hypocrites and will bitch over women being exotically dressed while ignoring males who are, or could easily be male strippers lol since people think the chicks have been stripper worthy. I'm pretty sure we don't see Mileena's vagina though, nah I'm being realistic. You're in denial and that's a bad argument because you see what you want to see. I just call it how it is honestly.
When you say there is a double standard you are saying one group is being treated unfairly. How else would one interpret your comment?

I linked to a great article earlier that you can read which will perhaps better explain why men being shirtless and women being dressed in erotically-charged fetish outfits are not equivalent things. It's not just about skin itself.

And Mileena's MK9 outfit is cut straight down to the pubic bone. If it shifted even a little she'd be out in the breeze.

MKF30

Speaking of wise men. This is what I have to say about that:

Mr Wint can suck on Twain's nuts.

When you say there is a double standard you are saying one group is being treated unfairly. How else would one interpret your comment?

I linked to a great article earlier that you can read which will perhaps better explain why men being shirtless and women being dressed in erotically-charged fetish outfits are not equivalent things. It's not just about skin itself.

And Mileena's MK9 outfit is cut straight down to the pubic bone. If it shifted even a little she'd be out in the breeze.
No, I'm saying one group is being ignored. I never said treated unfairly. But if someone be it a group or person are going to gripe about someone being objectified, why would you ignore the entire concept and just cherry pick one gender in this case?

I get that but you realize that link is about someone's opinion right? People can disagree with it, in this case some people feel showing just as much if not more skin is equally as taboo or sexual. I mean it's essentially men's nips vs. women's nips. A dude wearing a loincloth while a woman wears a bikini like outfit. I just don't see how one takes priority over the other. Yeah, ok but if Shao Kahn was in a windy place his little cloth would be flapping in the wind exposing his manhood lol.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
No, I'm saying one group is being ignored. I never said treated unfairly. But if someone be it a group or person are going to gripe about someone being objectified, why would you ignore the entire concept and just cherry pick one gender in this case?

I get that but you realize that link is about someone's opinion right? People can disagree with it, in this case some people feel showing just as much if not more skin is equally as taboo or sexual. I mean it's essentially men's nips vs. women's nips. A dude wearing a loincloth while a woman wears a bikini like outfit. I just don't see how one takes priority over the other. Yeah, ok but if Shao Kahn was in a windy place his little cloth would be flapping in the wind exposing his manhood lol.
Because there's literal millennia of history in terms of relations between the sexes and women being treated as sexual objects for the male gaze and property for male consumption. While certainly individual men have been objectified in the world, men have never been oppressed as a sex class. This is a bit like asking why there's no White History Month.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
One Angry Gamer is a site of angry Incels who espouse Alt-Right talking points about free speech and sjws so they can get hate clicks and shares from similar chuds. Imagine getting worked into believing that's legit.
People who use words like incels and alt-right shouldn’t be taken seriously. OAG is an obvious troll, Hitler was defeated, go fight nazi zombies in Call of Duty if that’s what you really want to do. Oh, and stop drinking the kool-aid.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Because there's literal millennia of history in terms of relations between the sexes and women being treated as sexual objects for the male gaze and property for male consumption. While certainly individual men have been objectified in the world, men have never been oppressed as a sex class. This is a bit like asking why there's no White History Month.
I got nothing against women history month, but women haven’t been opressed in a long time so let’s move on shall we? This is ridiculous. Whatever happened hundreds of years ago should stay there, in the past, because if we keep looking back we can’t move ahead.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
There's literally a movement going on right now so women can finally talk about facing sexual abuse in the workplace lmao what's it like to be buried under a rock like Patrick?

MKF30

And yet cases where some women try to abuse the #metoo movement to their advantage, cases of false rape, accusations to try to ruin someone. Just saying...

Male consumption? So you're saying men like to eat women for dinner? I mean this is true in regards to physical attraction but when you say consumption, I don't think we're thinking of the same thing here. lol.

I'd like to know actually why there's no White History Month, Hispanic History Month, Asian History Month etc I mean it's not like humans of all races have had great accomplishments or anything but that's an entirely other topic.

I would say men in current times have been if not objectified than treated unfairly with this #metoo movement going on currently, don't get me wrong. I'm all for justice if someone treats someone badly, rapes them etc however there's also been several cases of false accusations just to try to spite men. I know a friend who personally went through it. I'm also pretty certain regarding gazing, women love to gaze at men too. Male strip clubs for example and several women I know or spoke to who enjoy watching men. It's quite normal.

I got nothing against women history month, but women haven’t been opressed in a long time so let’s move on shall we? This is ridiculous. Whatever happened hundreds of years ago should stay there, in the past, because if we keep looking back we can’t move ahead.
Exactly, like I feel like people are living in the past how can we move forward? You're a woman, do you feel oppressed currently?

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Extreme leftists, uhu.

So, you go cherry-picking a very small minority and use that to prove that everyone who's liberal is a crazy sex-hating maniac.

That would be like me picking PETA as an example that every animal rights movement is nasty and insane.
I specified extreme leftists for a reason, not saying everyone is like that I said there are groups of extremists that are. Is reading comprehension not a thing anymore? Are we all going to read with emotion first and logic never?

MKF30

@Imperatrix Hey that's a great idea, we can agree to disagree. Sounds good.

Exactly, like I feel like people are living in the past how can we move forward? You're a woman, do you feel oppressed currently? I mean my ancestors were raped, taken over by my other ancestors lol. Don't hear me crying about it in 2019. lol

I specified extreme leftists for a reason, not saying everyone is like that I said there are groups of extremists that are. Is reading comprehension not a thing anymore? Are we all going to read with emotion first and logic never?
Yeah I wouldn't pay the Hippo dude much mind, he's thinks he knows what he's talking about. He's obviously a troll, I find Hippo amusing more than anything.

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
From that radio silence I’ll assume he’s a dude and as a woman I’ll exercise my right to say keep your male privilege in check BOOIII.

Bottom line is NRS are not SJWs and the girls look fine. Now I’ll go spend my time actually talking about the game and objectifying some pixelated bewbs.

Have fun kids ;)

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
I didn't answer because it has no relevance to the conversation. Saying ignorant things isn't a special property of any gender, nor is acknowledging talking points being made in bad faith.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
I like everything over the top myself, male/ female costumes and the gore. This isn't about power fantasies, what the f* is that all about, lol. It's what I think is pleasing to the eye. Not every female/male has to be risky/conservative or enhanced.
It is just an personal taste, no more no less.

This thread is way too political for my taste. It's a video game ffs... I come from a different universe where's no need for SJW, left or right. My world is about respecting everyone, and in the end it is the designers/publishers' choice.

MKF30

Wow, talk about sidestepping lol. What's the harm in a simple question?:rolleyes:

From that radio silence I’ll assume he’s a dude and as a woman I’ll exercise my right to say keep your male privilege in check BOOIII.

Bottom line is NRS are not SJWs and the girls look fine. Now I’ll go spend my time actually talking about the game and objectifying some pixelated bewbs.

Have fun kids ;)
You rock!:D I loved how he totally sidestepped you lmao...

Last edited: