• Yes

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 90 78.3%

• Total voters

trufenix

bye felicia
Extreme leftists, uhu.

So, you go cherry-picking a very small minority and use that to prove that everyone who's liberal is a crazy sex-hating maniac.

That would be like me picking PETA as an example that every animal rights movement is nasty and insane.
Are you literally arguing with a female gamer about the experiences and impressions of females in gaming? Like is that what's happening or has my ignore list robbed me of some hidden insight?

Lun

proud TERF!
Are you literally arguing with a female gamer about the experiences and impressions of females in gaming? Like is that what's happening or has my ignore list robbed me of some hidden insight?
I'm a female gamer too.

Being a woman doesn't suddenly make you non-sexist, just like being a man doesn't suddenly make you sexist.

Burn2019

Noob
“Aha,” indeed.

Battlefield V is regarded as “woke,” and not because of its lack of skimpy girls. Pretty sure Battlefield 4 & Battlefield 1 didn’t have skimpies in either, yet they are not regarded as “woke.”

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm a female gamer too.

Being a woman doesn't suddenly make you non-sexist, just like being a man doesn't suddenly make you sexist.
I feel like that makes it worse, you literally called her argument cherry picking when she cited an example. I've seen none from you except your own impressions.

Lun

proud TERF!
“Aha,” indeed.

Battlefield V is regarded as “woke,” and not because of its lack of skimpy girls. Pretty sure Battlefield 4 & Battlefield 1 didn’t have skimpies in either, yet they are not regarded as “woke.”
Yeah, I see your point now.

Lun

proud TERF!
I feel like that makes it worse, you literally called her argument cherry picking when she cited an example. I've seen none from you except your own impressions.
Well, if you insist I could pick an example.

I could pick an example of anything you like. It's the internet. I can find everything, from people explaining that sexy women are evil to people explaining that only sexy women count.

Looking for any example in particular?

trufenix

bye felicia
Well, if you insist I could pick an example.

I could pick an example of anything you like. It's the internet. I can find everything, from people explaining that sexy women are evil to people explaining that only sexy women count.

Looking for any example in particular?
You're the one who used cherry picking as a means of discrediting her position, I don't need to tear away your credibility to carry on a discussion with you.

Lun

proud TERF!
You're the one who used cherry picking as a means of discrediting her position, I don't need to tear away your credibility to carry on a discussion with you.
If you think she isn't cherry-picking, then you think most liberals hate sexy women and want them all in burqas. Tell me more.

Burn2019

Noob
Actually thinking about it, there should be some shade in the poll between “NRS have / haven’t gone SJW.”

Based on what I’ve seen of 11 so far and playing MKX, they haven’t gone SJW but they are unmistakably chasing that demographic with the female design changes. If they were SJW, straight white male Johnny Cage in MKX would never have been portrayed as a loving, effective father with Sonya being the one who broke up the family.

Unless, of course, upon playing MK11’s story mode wokeness has infected that as well...

They want their characters to be taken seriously. Justifiably.

Also sex appeal is hardly an element that matters to the vast majority of fighting game characters. Mileena is the only one in MK off the top of my head.

Reactions: Lun

Burn2019

Noob
They want their characters to be taken seriously. Justifiably.

Also sex appeal is hardly an element that matters to the vast majority of fighting game characters. Mileena is the only one in MK off the top of my head.
Were they not taken seriously for the last 25 years? The fact that MK has endured that long without any real hiatus suggests to me that the series was consistent, found an audience and was profitable. That’s serious.

And you are underestimating the importance of sex appeal in the series. It’s (again) been consistent for 25 years, and it’s removal has angered a lot of fans. MK will survive this game, as violence is the series’ trademark, but NRS are going to lose fans over this.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Social Justice Warriors are very against the use of gypsies (Roma), Eskimo's (Inuits) and Indians (Native Americans) stuff, alongside Jewish mythology stuff (they cringe at people using Golems for their projects for example)

I got death-treats at my door for using a creature called the Akhlut from Inuit mythology on Tumblr, and they weren't happy I used the Wendigo as well... They say everything the Native Americans made up is sacred and white people (HAHAHAHA, I'm not even white people) can't use them, go use your Minotaurs and other stupid celtic creatures they said to me, but leave the Native Americans alone. Also they are against the use of Djinn (and other Arabian myths) Australian mythology, Hindu mythology and African mythology creatures.

Those people should just kill themselves for having such pathetic thoughts.

It doesn't look good for Nightwolf at all, I heard Streetfighter already wanted to get rid of T.Hawk for that same reason, so I wouldn't be very surprised if Mortal Kombat is going to do the same to Nightwolf.

I wonder how long it is gonna take before those SJWarrior-freaks are gonna sue that new Aladdin movie for using a Djinn in it lol.
I remember reading that Djinn's like an evil demon genie according to lore, and that movie Wishmaster lol. Though I would like to think not all genies are "evil Djinn's" lol

But yeah it's just the sad overly done, super sensitive PC culture we live in today. People will literally bitch over anything and everything man. Look at the Simpsons, although I stopped watching that show years ago they apparently caved to the SJW'S and PC Police by not using Apoo anymore because it's not PC.....even though he's one of the main, original characters of the franchise.:rolleyes:

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Bruh, extreme leftists are literally afraid of the female body, Twitter and Tumblr is filled with them and it's pretty comical. Here's the article for Alita, prepare yourself for the cringe: https://screenrant.com/alita-design-problem-big-eyes-body/
I read that article. I'm not sure it says what you think it does. The author is not afraid of the female body, just annoyed that the movie chose a stupid way to try and justify having a warrior character modeled after a barbie doll.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
i agree, they make them look ugly for some reason and have flat asses and tits. In MK9 they pushed it to the limit with that but now things changed, i would prefer to see some sexism but yeah it's not gonna bother me in a way that im not gonna buy the game because of that haha that's pretty childish to say and i think that's why Tyler gave that answer but yeah anyways not that important imo, atleast you get to see your fav character in the game
i would prefer to see some sexism
Uhhh, what?

MKF30

Actually thinking about it, there should be some shade in the poll between “NRS have / haven’t gone SJW.”

Based on what I’ve seen of 11 so far and playing MKX, they haven’t gone SJW but they are unmistakably chasing that demographic with the female design changes. If they were SJW, straight white male Johnny Cage in MKX would never have been portrayed as a loving, effective father with Sonya being the one who broke up the family.

Unless, of course, upon playing MK11’s story mode wokeness has infected that as well...
Agreed, if we compare MK 9-MKX and now MK 11. It's pretty obvious while they may not be full blown SJW, they clearly caved to those who cried about the MK9 outfits. I do find it interesting how they're not so much caring about the men being dressed in sexual or half naked outfits. Let's see shirtless characters we've seen Jax, Johnny, Geras, Shao Kahn, Liu Kang, Darrius and those showing lots of man muscle. Baraka, Sub, Scorp. Now, do you see people crying over those characters showing too much or half dressed? Nope, but the females...ah ha "omg Mileena, Jade and Kitana are showing too much clevage, that's evil NRS!" lol. Maybe it's just me but I always found the double standard of this example hilarious.

Burn2019

Noob
Unlikely. Any fan they'll lose due to "unsexiness" they'll likely gain due to making better characters.

Edit: by which I mean they'll have a net gain by bringing in new fans.
Ah, the mythical “untapped” or “wider” audience.

Dead or Alive 6 and Battlefield V, Star Wars and Doctor Who would say differently about that.

Burn2019

Noob
Agreed, if we compare MK 9-MKX and now MK 11. It's pretty obvious while they may not be full blown SJW, they clearly caved to those who cried about the MK9 outfits. I do find it interesting how they're not so much caring about the men being dressed in sexual or half naked outfits. Let's see shirtless characters we've seen Jax, Johnny, Geras, Shao Kahn, Liu Kang, Darrius and those showing lots of man muscle. Baraka, Sub, Scorp. Now, do you see people crying over those characters showing too much or half dressed? Nope, but the females...ah ha "omg Mileena, Jade and Kitana are showing too much clevage, that's evil NRS!" lol. Maybe it's just me but I always found the double standard of this example hilarious.
Yes, it’s been correctly and widely reported by sites that AREN’T towing the SocJus agenda. It’s even being labelled by female YouTubers as “benevolent sexism,” in that a man is allowed to have raw sex appeal but a woman is restricted from doing so.

MKF30

Yes, it’s been correctly and widely reported by sites that AREN’T towing the SocJus agenda. It’s even being labelled by female YouTubers as “benevolent sexism,” in that a man is allowed to have raw sex appeal but a woman is restricted from doing so.
Thanks lol, and thus the perfect example of the double standard. QFT

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No one has ever said that. I doubt very many people have complained either. They likely just wanted all the characters to look cool. Having the women characters wear less clothing, more often than not, is a lazy way to design a character. Believe it or not, you can make a woman look dope and appealing without increasing the amount of skin she’s showing. Crazy, I know.

To me, every character I’ve seen in MK11 looks so much better than they ever have. More detail in their outer appearance. From their gear to their hair and face. Obviously some characters are more simplictic, but that’s based on the characters personality. The animations also look SO much better.

Armac

Noob
The problem I have with this situation is that putting care and attention into how your characters look is apparently "having an SJW agenda". People want revealing outfits for characters like the female ninjas, but when you actually look at those kinds of design from previous games, there's barely any "design" to them. To make something more detailed and creative, it needs to cover more skin. I like to think that NRS wanted to give their female characters outfits that look just as elaborate and cool as their male counterparts, instead of limiting themselves by how much skin or cleavage they're expected to show.

I like good looking female characters as much as anyone, and that's why I love the MK11 redesigns. They look stylish and respectable, which is a lot more attractive than flashing your baps at everyone.

MKF30

No one has ever said that. I doubt very many people have complained either. They likely just wanted all the characters to look cool. Having the women characters wear less clothing, more often than not, is a lazy way to design a character. Believe it or not, you can make a woman look dope and appealing without increasing the amount of skin she’s showing. Crazy, I know.

To me, every character I’ve seen in MK11 looks so much better than they ever have. More detail in their outer appearance. From their gear to their hair and face. Obviously some characters are more simplictic, but that’s based on the characters personality. The animations also look SO much better.
A lot of people have, also have you read this thread? Not just talking about this site per se but YT, gaming sites TONS of SJW'S crying over "MK, DOA objectifying women blah, blah, blah" it's why NRS changed their outfits on women because people cried about it. I don't think it's lazy when it defines the character's personality. Like Mileena for example is a freak, wasn't surprised to see her dressed like she was in mk 9 and if you read the MK X comics you'd know what I'm talking about besides her free spirit personality she was rather slutty and used it to get to the top. You think she cares about dressing like a nun or very covered? I would say it's lazy if it was literally a g string and string top or whatever they're called but pretty sure the MK 9 outfits had designs to it, gold elements, chains, different colors, details etc.

Of course but you can also make them look badass by looking sexy without overdressing them too you know. You think Mileena fans want to see her dressed like Shadow Priest or like Jacqui? Yeah...good luck with that.

I am totally not disputing the improved animations as they improve with every game, the graphics, faces etc but notice as someone else pointed out nobody complained about this issue in the 90's when they were very skimpy looking outfits as well. But times have changed apparently, and not always for the better.