What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

I've only played against a Batgirl once... It was KDZ's....

I did not fair so well... I honestly just don't have much of an idea of how to approach this MU...

Can't exactly try to zone her because reads blow you up and trades are in her favor. Her mix-ups seem to just be plain better and lead into vortex... Which since it's a standing vortex unlike our's we DO have to guess and I'm pretty sure she outdamages us.

Now, I know I'm only really seeing the negatives here, but I just don't know the positives that would allow me to really approach this MU.
JB3& JB2 on her wakeup beats Bat-wheel and flying bat. It also beats smoke bomb but you have to have good timing.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Fun fact of the day: Apparently according to GFAQs (which I visit now and then for kicks), DS vs. Bane is a 4-6 matchup.

ryublaze

Noob
eww gamefaqs

I'm starting to think that trait isn't as bad as people make it out to be. There doesn't have to be any guaranteed setups to make it useful in my opinion. For example your opponent might be trying to get in from full screen, and he blocks a low shot, dashes in and expects another low gunshot. Instead of doing low shots you do trait. Or after you knock them down and instead of going for the low gunshot for chip you do trait. You have to condition your opponent to block low gunshots then you start going for trait. Still matchup dependent but I think characters like Bane can't react in time and punish you. But in the mirror match you might be punished by DS's guns. And of course there are those interactable setups that I don't know of yet but I've seen InFlames do it on me. Then again I play online and I still suck with DS so take this post with a grain of salt. :(

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I wouldn't really give credit to the trait there though. That's just Low Shots being mindgamey. You'd be surprised with what silly things you can get away with if the opponent respects Low Shots too much. Sometimes I just stand there, and on reaction to their movement Quick Fire. They can get really flustered waiting to block your next Low Shots, and when it doesn't happen, they can make rash decisions, or completely pointless ones. I've just dashed in and thrown people because they were expecting Low Shots before XD

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
eww gamefaqs

I'm starting to think that trait isn't as bad as people make it out to be. There doesn't have to be any guaranteed setups to make it useful in my opinion. For example your opponent might be trying to get in from full screen, and he blocks a low shot, dashes in and expects another low gunshot. Instead of doing low shots you do trait. Or after you knock them down and instead of going for the low gunshot for chip you do trait. You have to condition your opponent to block low gunshots then you start going for trait. Still matchup dependent but I think characters like Bane can't react in time and punish you. But in the mirror match you might be punished by DS's guns. And of course there are those interactable setups that I don't know of yet but I've seen InFlames do it on me. Then again I play online and I still suck with DS so take this post with a grain of salt. :(

This was the stuff I was messing around with pre-patch. But unless you're fullscreen on certain match-ups, there's no way you can get away with this.

Flash can LC from 3/4 screen, HG Mace Charges from half, Zod can SideArm, KF Icebergs, Teleporters get a free combo, even Joker can GS

Almost everyone has an answer to Trait. The only few times I recall getting it out was against a Full screen Bane when I'm at the corner of Atlantis. And I didn't use the Trait, I just lured him so I can use the pump.

Vagrant

Noob
Green Lantern OTG is fucked.
I am also amazing at guessing wrong in zoning wars. That is all for now.

Ugh well i guess ill throw you guys a bone.

f3 1 323 f23 flip should be your f3 combo.

expect them to block and go in and follow up with d1/b2/low shot/ whatever . If the f3 does hit it gives you enough time to see the hit and catch them with 1 323 f23 flip instead of following up with your 50/50. This takes a few hours in practice against the AI set to random block before you can confirm it consistently but it will help your game when you get it down

With f3 ji2 323 f23 flip you had to comit to the jump which meant you lost out on your frame advantage oppurtunities if they blocked it.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook

expect them to block and go in and follow up with d1/b2/low shot/ whatever . If the f3 does hit it gives you enough time to see the hit and catch them with 1 323 f23 flip instead of following up with your 50/50. This takes a few hours in practice against the AI set to random block before you can confirm it consistently but it will help your game when you get it down

With f3 ji2 323 f23 flip you had to comit to the jump which meant you lost out on your frame advantage oppurtunities if they blocked it.

Online, I never do the F3 after the B1U2 and I never do the J2 after the F3. St1 is ALWAYS my option.

But recently, I've been getting F3 more and more frequently. But will still stick to the St1 if I want to be 100% sure.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

I do this all the time :)
Actually isn't that hard. Offline I can Ji2 on reaction to the hit.

Crathen

Death is my business
It's worth trying to HC f3 into j2 for certain setups but overall yeah standing 1 should be a staple to never miss it.

Trait is good is certain matchups and certain situations , it's not a top trait but it's better than nothing.

And you should starts using MB AR if you want gunshot dash traps , it has blindspots but there is a mindgame between AR and MB AR , it's not the greatest use for a bar but can be used to either force hesitation or get damage.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It's worth trying to HC f3 into j2 for certain setups but overall yeah standing 1 should be a staple to never miss it.

Trait is good is certain matchups and certain situations , it's not a top trait but it's better than nothing.

And you should starts using MB AR if you want gunshot dash traps , it has blindspots but there is a mindgame between AR and MB AR , it's not the greatest use for a bar but can be used to either force hesitation or get damage.

I just started using the MB AR again against those who have good defense for pushback.

Crathen

Death is my business
I just started using the MB AR again against those who have good defense for pushback.

I feel AR is good to throw out especially when the opponent is 3/4 screen or slightly closer , catches bad forward dashes , can MB to catch jumps , if MB you can setup dash traps with quickshot AND low gunshot ( low gunshot is character dash dependent ) , buys you time and 2% chip.

It's good , not a gamechanger but it's something to add to DS gameplan.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.

But MB Low Shots has a similar effect, and is faster on startup. If the opponent has the mindset to dash immediately after blocking LS, the other 2 bullets will likely hit.

Then again, it does do more damage, pushes back on block, and knocks down.

I also use AR on Shazams who teleport to approach. Dat meaty hitbox.

Crathen

Death is my business
But MB Low Shots has a similar effect, and is faster on startup. If the opponent has the mindset to dash immediately after blocking LS, the other 2 bullets will likely hit.

Then again, it does do more damage, pushes back on block, and knocks down.

I also use AR on Shazams who teleport to approach. Dat meaty hitbox.
Low gunshot also has less vertical hitbox to stuff jumpins , MB lgs isn't advantage fullscreen ( so no dash traps ) , also MB lgs delay is so small that it's easy to block , it may hit a few times in and there but the reward isn't the best.

Both have uses and im not gonna deny that , but AR / MB AR isn't useless as someone could think.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
I think the AR is decent to use if you know they're gonna try to wake-up to avoid the chip from LGS.

Actually gets a few shots in after the invincibility. Where-as LGS, I've noticed really only the last bullet will catch them waking-up (Unless it's Shazam's teleport which seems to either eat 2 bullets or doge the whole thing).

ryublaze

Noob
Is there a reason not to use AR over LGS for chip after a knockdown? It's slower but since they're knocked down then it doesn't really matter...right?

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Low gunshot also has less vertical hitbox to stuff jumpins , MB lgs isn't advantage fullscreen ( so no dash traps ) , also MB lgs delay is so small that it's easy to block , it may hit a few times in and there but the reward isn't the best.

Both have uses and im not gonna deny that , but AR / MB AR isn't useless as someone could think.
Just bear in mind that the opponent can JUMP the grenade at full screen, avoiding it completely.

I think the AR is decent to use if you know they're gonna try to wake-up to avoid the chip from LGS.

Actually gets a few shots in after the invincibility. Where-as LGS, I've noticed really only the last bullet will catch them waking-up (Unless it's Shazam's teleport which seems to either eat 2 bullets or doge the whole thing).
The full stream of bullets only comes out if the first or second bullet hits. If it's only the third one, that's all you get.

Is there a reason not to use AR over LGS for chip after a knockdown? It's slower but since they're knocked down then it doesn't really matter...right?

Oddly enough, the chip on Low Shots > Rifle.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I want this buff:

MB Machine Gun AND MB Up Machine Gun will now let you select the arc of the grenade as you so please. When you MB a machine gun, you always get the low arc, UNLESS you hit up while you MB, then you get the high arc :)

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
J2 gives the most blockstun and has a lot of horizontal range. Since it gives so much blockstun, you get a free B1 or B2 mixup on block. On top of that, it gives you more damaging combos (typically speaking) than either J1 or J3..I made a whole thread comparing the blockstuns of all 3 moves, check it out if you wanna.
do u mean j2~b1/b2 or j2, b1/b2?