What's new

Guide "I Love My Job" -- Deathstroke General Discussion Thread

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
I feel like B23F2 is criminally underused. It's probably just because B222 is such an easier input, but DAT DAMAGE.

Also, B222 is unsafe on block (B22 isn't though), while B23F2 (stops at 3) is completely safe.
I like using B23F2 cause it also pushes your opponent away damn near full screen.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
15-0 so far tonight and I'm REALLY diggin B23F2.

Why hadn't I been using this!?

I have something else I was typing out on my computer at home before I left abruptly, but I'll get back to that later.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Yeah... I think it really is because just mashing 2 until something happens just more suits us.

Ya'know, since DS is such a braindead character and needs to be nerfed more.... Or something like that....

Wait, but that would mean why do we bother talking about normals...

NEED MORE GUNS!?

Nah, but I do find that "in the moment" of a game, B222 is just much more natural than B23F2, which takes more adjusting to to just do on habit.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I used a bunch of B23F2 just now on a good Grundy player. Makes the match 10-0 DS.

Normally the HKD would be taken advantage of for B222, but on Grundy with his demonic D2 and AA grab, that's a no-no.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Is it me, or does DS backdash suck? Some times I feel like I make a read to back dash something, like a jump in, and when I back dash, I feel like I dash out and am safe, so I keep holding back to get more distance, and yet I still get hit by a follow up attack. Almost like his recovery on a back dash sucks.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
Is it me, or does DS backdash suck? Some times I feel like I make a read to back dash something, like a jump in, and when I back dash, I feel like I dash out and am safe, so I keep holding back to get more distance, and yet I still get hit by a follow up attack. Almost like his recovery on a back dash sucks.
Yup. Pretty much everything about his backdash sucks.

Matix218

Get over here!
I like using B23F2 cause it also pushes your opponent away damn near full screen.

Rampage, what are the properties of b23f2 on block? Is it safe?

I can honestly say i have never intentionally done b23 (i get it by accident sometimes when i am going for b2 or b22 and canceling into sword spin) but i have never used the full b23f2 string in my game. I use most of DS's other tools to their fullest (f3, b1u2, 132, j1/j3, all bnb's, etc) but if this string is something that is useful that i can add to my oki game that would be great to know (i assume it is mainly for oki/50/50 situations?)

Please let me know the details of how you use this string and what the benefits (and downsides) are on both hit and block.

Thanks Man!

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Rampage, what are the properties of b23f2 on block? Is it safe?

I can honestly say i have never intentionally done b23 (i get it by accident sometimes when i am going for b2 or b22 and canceling into sword spin) but i have never used the full b23f2 string in my game. I use most of DS's other tools to their fullest (f3, b1u2, 132, j1/j3, all bnb's, etc) but if this string is something that is useful that i can add to my oki game that would be great to know (i assume it is mainly for oki/50/50 situations?)

Please let me know the details of how you use this string and what the benefits (and downsides) are on both hit and block.
Thanks Man!
It's a lot more safer than B2,2,2 on block, and on hit, it basically sends your opponent back full screen, which is what you want.

Matix218

Get over here!
*In some matchups

B23 on block = -3
B22 on block = -6
B222 on block = -8

So Milkman, just to be clear, are you supposed to throw out b23 to make it safe (and hit confirm into the f2) or does the f2 only come out on hit so you can safely input the whole thing?

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
So Milkman, just to be clear, are you supposed to throw out b23 to make it safe (and hit confirm into the f2) or does the f2 only come out on hit so you can safely input the whole thing?
F2 will only come out if it hits, so just input the whole thing.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
So, tonight was an AMAZING night for me in my opinion.

Took 4th at The Break Weekly (to be fair, not that many peopel showed up, but I did better than I ever did going there for Marvel).

And then I finally decided to play online and managed to get my first ragequit.

I've gotta ask the Online Slades.... How in the ever living hell do you manage to connect his combos?

I play pretty much exclusively offline, but I didn't think hitting his combos would be THAT hard, especially in games that really didn;t seem to have much of any lag... I can't get anything to come out even close to on-time and it's actually infuriating. It's like "Okay, this guy finally stopped literally running INTO my bullets, now let me go for some mix-ups and pressure *gets a hit, immediately drops combo*.... Well fuck this *shoots some Mo Gunz*...".

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

Took 4th at The Break Weekly (to be fair, not that many peopel showed up, but I did better than I ever did going there for Marvel).

I've gotta ask the Online Slades.... How in the ever living hell do you manage to connect his combos?

I play pretty much exclusively offline, but I didn't think hitting his combos would be THAT hard, especially in games that really didn;t seem to have much of any lag... I can't get anything to come out even close to on-time and it's actually infuriating. It's like "Okay, this guy finally stopped literally running INTO my bullets, now let me go for some mix-ups and pressure *gets a hit, immediately drops combo*.... Well fuck this *shoots some Mo Gunz*...".

yo i was the other DS player at the break. take my advice, dont play much online. it fucks with your timing so much lol

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future

You don't. Do easier combos with more room for error, unless your connection is great.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
yo i was the other DS player at the break. take my advice, dont play much online. it fucks with your timing so much lol

I'd assume so. I actually just felt a lot worse about getting 4th now that I just realized only 6 people showed up...

But definitely. But I've gotta ask. You were doing this combo that seemed to end on a wiffed F3 a lot. Is that a good set-up combo? Or was it just dropped?

I mean, I dropped pretty much every combo I went for tonight, which is terrible because I never drop anything I was going for when I play normally... But that's just my experience.

I honestly just tend to go for my really easy combos because even if the harder combo is more optimal, if I drop it, that's all lost damage anyway.

So really:

b1u2, 323, f23 xx Flip
F3, 323, f23 xx Flip
(ji3,) d2, 323, f23 xx Flip
b2, interactable bounce, b3, ji3, 323, f23 xx Flip
(ji1,) 132, ji2, (123/f23xxFlip)

Annnnd... I think that's about it. I'm going again next week, so anything I should be practicing until then would be great. Arma gave me some good general tips for when I'm playing after I ran some sets with him, but honestly, I wanna try to do better in general once I get over my really bad tournament nerves.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
I'd assume so. I actually just felt a lot worse about getting 4th now that I just realized only 6 people showed up...

But definitely. But I've gotta ask. You were doing this combo that seemed to end on a wiffed F3 a lot. Is that a good set-up combo? Or was it just dropped?

I mean, I dropped pretty much every combo I went for tonight, which is terrible because I never drop anything I was going for when I play normally... But that's just my experience.

I honestly just tend to go for my really easy combos because even if the harder combo is more optimal, if I drop it, that's all lost damage anyway.

So really:

b1u2, 323, f23 xx Flip
F3, 323, f23 xx Flip
(ji3,) d2, 323, f23 xx Flip
b2, interactable bounce, b3, ji3, 323, f23 xx Flip
(ji1,) 132, ji2, (123/f23xxFlip)

Annnnd... I think that's about it. I'm going again next week, so anything I should be practicing until then would be great. Arma gave me some good general tips for when I'm playing after I ran some sets with him, but honestly, I wanna try to do better in general once I get over my really bad tournament nerves.

that f3 whiff was just me sucking lol. i dont really play this game much other than at the break these days. i dont really like playing online and i dont have as much time on my hands to meet up with players now that school has started. so my execution was a little off. also dont worry about where you place. the competition at the break is probably the best you can gt at the moment. i didnt really watch any matches really. i was chillin on the pop'n music cab lol. but anyways, where exactly are you at? maybe we can session sometime.

G4S Silent Jay

I enjoy hurting you.
that f3 whiff was just me sucking lol. i dont really play this game much other than at the break these days. i dont really like playing online and i dont have as much time on my hands to meet up with players now that school has started. so my execution was a little off. also dont worry about where you place. the competition at the break is probably the best you can gt at the moment. i didnt really watch any matches really. i was chillin on the pop'n music cab lol. but anyways, where exactly are you at? maybe we can session sometime.

Yeah, tonight is my first time playing online. Was supposed to run sets after the tournament with Indecisive (the Shazam player), but that feel through and I really wanted to play some more after how much fun I had playing at The Break, so, the horrid hell that is Injustice Online became my outlet for tonight hahaha.

And I wasn't too worried. Went 2-2 and that's 2 more wins than I ever got playing Marvel, so I managed to actually enjoy myself more since while I was playing like garbage compared to normal, I still managed to not play too terribly, which just makes me a little more confident in my playing. But I do play to go to The Break more and hopefully level up by doing so (and obviously just have fun because the people there are pretty awesome).

I'm right in South Plainfield though (so only about 10-15 minutes from The Break). Me and Indecisive run sets pretty regularly, so I'd definitely be down for that. Might have to break out my Batman on MMH though (not sure I really wanna play the DS mirror).

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
Yeah, tonight is my first time playing online. Was supposed to run sets after the tournament with Indecisive (the Shazam player), but that feel through and I really wanted to play some more after how much fun I had playing at The Break, so, the horrid hell that is Injustice Online became my outlet for tonight hahaha.

And I wasn't too worried. Went 2-2 and that's 2 more wins than I ever got playing Marvel, so I managed to actually enjoy myself more since while I was playing like garbage compared to normal, I still managed to not play too terribly, which just makes me a little more confident in my playing. But I do play to go to The Break more and hopefully level up by doing so (and obviously just have fun because the people there are pretty awesome).

I'm right in South Plainfield though (so only about 10-15 minutes from The Break). Me and Indecisive run sets pretty regularly, so I'd definitely be down for that. Might have to break out my Batman on MMH though (not sure I really wanna play the DS mirror).

cool im in new brunswick. ill talk to you next time im at the break. im not going to be around much until after TFC probably

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Help! Having alot of trouble in the NW matchup NightwingDayZero

This isn't going to be as in depth as you probably want, but a couple tips:

Respect the overheads, block standing more.
Pick Watchtower. Nightwing cant hit you with ground blasts if you're grabbing one of the air drones, and he can't even reach them himself in staff mode. Seriously, this stage is crucial.
D2 on reaction to any Flying Graysons used in the neutral game. Follow up with a combo.
Dont challenge him at a range in staff mode

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
This isn't going to be as in depth as you probably want, but a couple tips:

Respect the overheads, block standing more.
Pick Watchtower. Nightwing cant hit you with ground blasts if you're grabbing one of the air drones, and he can't even reach them himself in staff mode. Seriously, this stage is crucial.
D2 on reaction to any Flying Graysons used in the neutral game. Follow up with a combo.
Dont challenge him at a range in staff mode
What should I do when he goes to staff mode?