What's new

I have to buy a new car today/Saturday - help

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Honda and Toyota, both are well built brands that last and retain their trade in value pretty well. The Toyota Venza is a SUV-ish style with plenty of room and its not too bad on gas. Doesn't look bad either...just a thought. I guess it really comes down to how much you're willing to spend..good luck
If your not totally sold on the Subaru I would also recommend Toyota. They have quite a few different models to choose from also.

B Pryme

Noob
Don't look at the trivial things like speed and horsepower, we live in America for christ's sake :) Instead follow what with others are saying, go into the dealership with predetermined questions so you don't have to be put on the spot. Talk about things like warranty (very important), gas mileage, reliability, and of course your personal preferences, interior, color etc...

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Dunno how it is over there in GA, (probably the same, as I've got family there) but don't underestimate craigslist for vehicles if you're going the used route. Though if time is of the essence, understandably this may not be feasible.

Dunno how it is over there in GA, (probably the same, as I've got family there) but don't underestimate craigslist for vehicles if you're going the used route. Though if time is of the essence, understandably this may not be feasible.
So much this. CL is a great place for almost anything lol

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Don't look at the trivial things like speed and horsepower, we live in America for christ's sake :) Instead follow what with others are saying, go into the dealership with predetermined questions so you don't have to be put on the spot. Talk about things like warranty (very important), gas mileage, reliability, and of course your personal preferences, interior, color etc...
Exactly

I'm past the point of street racing w a 2.5 year old kid lol

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I can't believe this hasn't been posted:

I'd be so cool if Pig would take that to tournaments. Sausage fest casuals inside a giant sausage.

I got in one of those when I was child, it's pretty big inside.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I always found ford explorers to be nice.

I feel you on the car idiocy. One time I filled my engine with transmission fluid because there was a big O on the bottle and I assumed it stood for oil.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Once you decide on the car you want, use http://www.edmunds.com/ to send out an email that goes to all local dealerships of the brand you are considering. You'll get the best quote; the dealers are going to literally have to earn your business and fight each other price wise to get you in there dealership.

If you're still not sure what car you're going to be getting, its best to go to the closest dealers, test drive all the candidates that are on your list, then leave. You won't have any emotional attachment to the car you just drove, the nice person that helped you out, or any pressure to buy.

After you get all the quotes back from edmunds, you can compare apples to apples (make sure to specify options and trim line you want when sending out the email) and only have call the best 2-3 quotes you get back so you won't waste time. You can even try seeing if dealer 2 will match dealer 1's lower offer; if they don't believe the offer you can easily forward the email to them to match it.

Also, there's lots of good articles on edmunds on what pitfall to avoid, I recommend checking them out - Good luck!

edit: I own a Subaru WRX personally and would recommend Subie's all day.

Matix218

Get over here!
Once you decide on the car you want, use http://www.edmunds.com/ to send out an email that goes to all local dealerships of the brand you are considering. You'll get the best quote; the dealers are going to literally have to earn your business and fight each other price wise to get you in there dealership.

If you're still not sure what car you're going to be getting, its best to go to the closest dealers, test drive all the candidates that are on your list, then leave. You won't have any emotional attachment to the car you just drove, the nice person that helped you out, or any pressure to buy.

After you get all the quotes back from edmunds, you can compare apples to apples (make sure to specify options and trim line you want when sending out the email) and only have call the best 2-3 quotes you get back so you won't waste time. You can even try seeing if dealer 2 will match dealer 1's lower offer; if they don't believe the offer you can easily forward the email to them to match it.

Also, there's lots of good articles on edmunds on what pitfall to avoid, I recommend checking them out - Good luck!

edit: I own a Subaru WRX personally and would recommend Subie's all day.
Good advice Han

What year wrx do you have? Any modifications or stock?

and this is why you can't judge a book by its cover lol. pig to me looks like the kind of guy who knows all his car stuff, truck stuff, motorcycle stuff. like the kind of guy you'd want to have with you if your car broke down on a desert road and didn't know wtf was wrong with it.

nope nope nope. but i'm right there with you with lack of important car knowledge lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
and this is why you can't judge a book by its cover lol. pig to me looks like the kind of guy who knows all his car stuff, truck stuff, motorcycle stuff. like the kind of guy you'd want to have with you if your car broke down on a desert road and didn't know wtf was wrong with it.

nope nope nope. but i'm right there with you with lack of important car knowledge lol.
Lol

Too good

Well I'll say this I'm really great person to hAve when it breaks down, Eagle Scout and other training that could come into need but in terms in getting the car moving again? Nah i got nothing