What's new

I have to buy a new car today/Saturday - help

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I had a '04 and 180,000 miles

Timing belt broke w engine damage this Tuesday

I'm looking for a smaller SUV ish car (I know......family guy but not soccer mom ish)

Any makers I should stay the hell away from?

I'm looking at Subaru foresters currently and someone said check out mazda as well and Kia

Any tips or DOs Donts appreciated

I'm pretty idiotic when it comes to cars, once 8 years back an ex girlfriend told me I needed to get my brake light fluid replaced to fix my tail light and I said ok lets go get it and then was made fun of for months

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Wow finally someone as stupid as me when it comes to cars......Brake fluid for a tail light? LMAO

But seriously, don't buy a Kia. Subarus's have the highest customer satisfaction of any vehicle ever made, and 85% of Subaru's made within the past 10 years are still on the road. (I sold cars for a while, but never worked on them).

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
(sorry for the post that absolutely provides you with no help.)

I'm not a car nut, by any means. I just love Volkswagen for inexplicable reasons.

Matix218

Get over here!
Pig can't go wrong with mazda cx7. Turbocharged for power but when not on the turbo gets 4cyl gas milage. I have a mazdaspeed 3 which shares the same motor. Solid choice for small suv.

Forrester is also a good choice if you want all wheel drive but it will probably be a bit more pricy for a fully loaded forrester with the turbo motor option than a fully loaded cx7 would be

AU_SUCK

MEOW
What year of Subaru Forester are you looking at? Also I dont know if your planning on financing the vehicle, but if you do make sure to ask the lendor to look up the value of the vehicle to them. They usually use equifax which values cars slightly lower than KBB does for the dealership. Having them tell the dealership what they are willing to finance saved me thousands on the car I just recently bought. Sorry if this isnt any help but just food for thought.

AU_SUCK

MEOW
Pig can't go wrong with mazda cx7. Turbocharged for power but when not on the turbo gets 4cyl gas milage. I have a mazdaspeed 3 which shares the same motor. Solid choice for small suv.

Forrester is also a good choice if you want all wheel drive but it will probably be a bit more pricy for a fully loaded forrester with the turbo motor option than a fully loaded cx7 would be

I worked at a Mazda dealership and swore I would never buy one. Subaru is much more solid, but yes more expensive.

AU_SUCK

MEOW
I worked at the dealership from 10'-11' and it seemed like the newer models of Mazdas were garbage, I never had near as many complaints about em as I did Scion's.

Matix218

Get over here!
I can agree with you that older Mazdas are nice. Especially the rotary engines. So I can dig an RX7. I had a friend with one and that thing was badass.
Yeah im a rotard. I also used to have an older second gen rx7 turbo 2 which i miss

Matix218

Get over here!
I worked at the dealership from 10'-11' and it seemed like the newer models of Mazdas were garbage, I never had near as many complaints about em as I did Scion's.
I have had good luck with my speed 3. No major issues.

Honda and Toyota, both are well built brands that last and retain their trade in value pretty well. The Toyota Venza is a SUV-ish style with plenty of room and its not too bad on gas. Doesn't look bad either...just a thought. I guess it really comes down to how much you're willing to spend..good luck

Pig Of The Hut

What year of Subaru Forester are you looking at? Also I dont know if your planning on financing the vehicle, but if you do make sure to ask the lendor to look up the value of the vehicle to them. They usually use equifax which values cars slightly lower than KBB does for the dealership. Having them tell the dealership what they are willing to finance saved me thousands on the car I just recently bought. Sorry if this isnt any help but just food for thought.
2011 and up

Pig Of The Hut

Currently renting a 2014 Nissan murano

Love the look and feel but seems to have zero amenities

Could be because it's a rental also the seats suck

AU_SUCK

MEOW
2011 and up
Dude, I would say go for it. Subarus are super safe for you and your family. They run forever. Good in the winter (dont think you have to worry about that?) and for a luxury vehicle really aren't all that expensive. Probably around the same as a comparable Ford or Toyota.