What's new

Human sektor superior to robo and UMK3 sektor

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Just getting this out there, previously this is what was thought to be the differences between human and robo sek (robo and UMK3 are identical):

Posted by Finaeceous in this thread: http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?7054-Cyborg-Sektor-or-Human-Sektor

Summary for people who don't like to read:
Cyborg has much faster up missle startup.
Cyborg has slightly faster straight missle startup and recovery.
Human has larger hitbox on the overhead in the 1,2,2 string.
Human's x-ray has lower projectile trajectory.

Anyway I asked XXZ (who did the sektor frame data) to test the start up and recovery frames and he says all 3 costumes have the same missle start up and reocvery. You can further confirm this for up missle by doing a bnb and ending with 1 up missle against reptile and setting him to roll and wakeup attack. When he does dash all 3 costumes will be able to block in time.

So basically by using human sektor you have the advantage of a better 122 string and a lower hitting x ray - so theres actually no real reason to use robo sek besides looking cooler.

Not a lot of people seem to realise how useful extra range on the final hit of his 122 string is so i'll explain. His 1 is a 6 frame jab than can you can launch with and if blocked you can go into 122 straight missle which does 7% chip and builds half a bar when all blocked, after the pushback of 122 straight missle is pretty much safe, the only char I think that can punish it is reptile with elbow dash but im not 100%, your not at enough disadvantage against most chars for them to dash in and doing anything.

So the extra range obviously makes his 122 string a lot better.

Off a 1 anti-air human sek can reliably do dash 122 TU dash 12 flame for 28%. Robo sek does 22% iirc with 12 TU 12 flame. 1 anti-air is a bigger part of sek's game then a lot of people realise its the same speed as his d1 but hits higher, very reliable and near instant recovery when you whiff unlike uppercut when someone baits it by doing jump in iceclone etc.

Any1 caught in the air by your 122 straight missle string with human sek the last 2 often hits and the straight missle connects giving you that extra dmg. You can also catch with 122 TU if you HC. A good example of where this is very useful is moves that give small advantage on hit any jump attempts will be caught if you do 122 and with human sek the last 2 can be linked into missle or TU 12 flame giving you more dmg.

A good place to do this is after b3 on its own. B3 gives you slight advantage but theres a nice stagger animation making it easy to see when you hit. after B3 you can dash in and do 122 if it blocked standing or interrupts something do straight missle if they try jumping out convert into 27% combo :)

To sum it up theres currently no reason not to use human sek over his robot counter parts. These difference's arn't huge but they're there and you will get an advantage using human sektor.

Thanks to XXZ for testing :)

Somberness

Lights
There could have been differences pre-patch since the update did mention that costume differences would be gone, could delete the updates and test.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
There could have been differences pre-patch since the update did mention that costume differences would be gone, could delete the updates and test.
That would be appreciated, by costume differences being gone I'm assuming that means that robo sek has the same range on 122? Anyway I'll leave this up here for anybody that doesn't know what you can do with the extra 122 range.

Joe Inky

Noob
"With the exception of Human Cyrax and Human Sektor, everyone’s alternate costumes should behave the same as their primary costumes and have the exact same move properties."

The only differences that were removed were the inconsistencies between klassic alts and the primary costumes.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
"With the exception of Human Cyrax and Human Sektor, everyone’s alternate costumes should behave the same as their primary costumes and have the exact same move properties."

The only differences that were removed were the inconsistencies between klassic alts and the primary costumes.
Ah ok so the 122 difference still applies then I'm guessin?

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
The difference is pretty big you don't need to measure it, just do 122 with both of them about 2 or 3 steps away.

Nooooooooooo!
I mean, i choose to play sektor for him beeing a badass cyborg,
now i feel its pointless not playing with his human alt!

ryublaze

Noob
Doesn't human Sektor stick his arm out to fire missiles? So doesn't that mean his straight missile will reach the opponent sooner? I've always thought human Sektor's straight missile was faster but it is probably because of his arm sticking out.

Atleast Cyborg Sektor doesnt need arms to fire mssiles, making him infinitelly better at armless combat mode! XD

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
still sticking with the umk3 and mk9 version, for looking as a "no mercy red cyborg ninja" gives a mental advantage for me, LOL, ahhaah

The best Sektor & Cyrax players I played so far were using human forms as well.

I noticed human Cyrax has a more invincible and quicker teleport too.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've noticed H. Sektor's missles(straight) seem faster, maybe it's me....I don't know but his high missle seems slower then Robot version....

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
I've noticed H. Sektor's missles(straight) seem faster, maybe it's me....I don't know but his high missle seems slower then Robot version....
I think it has to do with where the missiles come from. Doesn't H Sektor shoot from the wrist or something which means it comes out sooner to travel the same distance in the same time?

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, H. Sektor points with his arm/wrist like the flame thrower when he shoots his straight missle. Same for the upward but he aims it up, like he's clocking his arm lol

Robotic

Gentleman.
Fuck it, I'll be the asshole...

I don't think the upmissile portion is accurate. The 122 stuff I haven't tried to compare so I'll leave that aside, but the upmissile stuff, I've gone back and forth on. Based on my OWN experience and constant testing, Human Sektor's upmissile is slower than Cyber Satan's. This one piece is so vital to me, I never pick human because of it.

It's hard not to sound like a D-bag arguing against someone who tested frame data, but it is what it is. :D

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Can't someone just pick 1 of each and launch upmissiles at the same time to see which hits first?

The 122 stuff I haven't tried to compare so I'll leave that aside, but the upmissile stuff, I've gone back and forth on.
The difference in the last hit of 122's reach between Robo and Human is fairly significant. I haven't noticed an applicable difference between the up-missiles.

I'll be sticking to Robo-Sektor as well, albeit for strictly superficial reasons. I can't stand Human Sektor's teleport.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
The advantage the extra 122 range is a far better advantage then any small up missle speed difference. Just 6% more off an anti air is a good enough reason but it helps even more. Anyway XXZ tested the frames so i see no reason to doubt it. Also the recoery time has to be near if not exactly the same because like I posted in the OP you can still block reptiles dash. If any1 is still unconvinced then get a 2nd player and do up missle at the same time or do a side by side video - i highly doubt there'll be a difference.

Your not crippling yourself by using robo sek - ill still use him because of his badass evil laugh mid combo but if you want to win then your at a disadvantage by not using human sektor.