What's new

Hsu Hao is another unlikely character for Mortal Kombat X, says Boon

Megaton_Rich

Ok-ish at pressing buttons
So i think i'll probs be the first person to mention ashrah despite me knowing she wont be in, i just love her backstory though.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I'm beginning to wonder how much Boon really likes the design and the backstory of the characters post MK4 nowadays. From what it seems like, he'd rather make new characters and have them playable over most of the 3D games characters that could be redesigned. Really some food for thought if you think about it.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I'm beginning to wonder how much Boon really likes the design and the backstory of the characters post MK4 nowadays. From what it seems like, he'd rather make new characters and have them playable over most of the 3D games characters that could be redesigned. Really some food for thought if you think about it.
Ed Boon sure hates some characters post MK4 ..... the direction they (Midway) took in the past, with character design, was hilarious catastrophic in some choices, and Ed Boon knows this .... maybe Ed was not direct responsible , is possible that some pressure and another factores were playing on that past scenario , in what I call "dark age" for MK franchise (MK Dead Alliance until MK vs DC) so, a lot of bullshit and crap stuff were done in MK, in past days .... maybe Ed lost some creative control in MK games in the past, and had to concede in sharing ideias of other people in Midway .... losing a bit of control of his own creation .... we don't know

MK9 can surely be considered the "resurrection" for the franchise series, and so, now, MKX will be the 2nd well done successful chapter in this new MK proposal .....

I admit that some characters, like Kenshi, Havik and Sareena, can be ported well in the new MK reality , but some old characters from 3D era are just corny cheesy and plain stupid, and deserve to be forever in the past games, where they belong

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
since both hsu hao and mavado are probs not gonna be in mkx, I wonder if the red dragon clan will be repped at all.

I really hope they will. I've always loved that Kano is a human non-mystical bad guy from earth realm.

Honestly I don't even care if Kano makes it back. I just like human villains.

Even though i personally never liked Hsu Hao (i did like his fatality where he shoots a laser from his chest and cuts the opponent in half, and then the opponent tries to crawl away, kind of like in Noob Saibot's fatality in MK9)
But it's still kind of a bummer to know for sure that he won't be in the game, i mean, concept wise, he wasn't that terrible, a double-agent of mongolian descent, but his design was lacking. I wish instead of just pretending these unpopular characters, that Boon doesn't like, don't exist, they would rehash them, reboot them into something better.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Worst thing about him was his design, or more specifically how his design was handled. I wouldn't mind seeing him as shirtless M.Bison version with cybernetic implants. In fact that would be kind of cool. But they need to do away with the horrible mustache / dork face / racist skin color, as well as with whole lower body generic design. Also making him look younger wouldn't be a bad idea.

JwabHDTV

Get Cage'd
I remember being a huge fan of Hsu Hao for no apparent reason. I think it's because I was 12 or 10 when Deadly Alliance came out. (How long has it been?) But yeah, I pretty much liked him just for the wind move and the fact that he had the "Arc Reactor" on his chest because I was a fan of those type of characters at the time.

I'd love to eventually see them re-introduce everyone since I felt MK9 was like a fresh start on the story. I'm hoping for him to get a major overhaul in the future, same with Drahmin.

Have they said anything about anyone else in Deadly Alliance? I really hope Mavado, Bo Rai Cho, and hopefully like a younger Shujinko are in MKX. I think it'd be so cool.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Never met a huge fan of Hsu Hao, though personally I thought he was cooler then Drahmin in some ways.