Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Character's visual design

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Main? I counter-pick it to win it

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

ColdBoreMK23

Noob Saibot
I'm saying I'll main Ferra/Torr now because they look cool but I'll probably end up maining someone I never thought I wiuld like Kung Lao or Sub Zero.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I like to think my characters choose me more than I choose them. The former elder gods(fujin & raiden) have sent me a vision showing how I must pave the way (body fools)to maintain balance.

Im character loyal ever since mk3 i played sindel and ever since mk4 played tanya and from mkda nitara and frost. Ill be loyal to my characters but with that being said, looks, moves and playstyle matters too, i think ill take dvorah to lab and try her out. And without a doubt if tanya sareena or frost will be there ill pick them up!

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I used to be reptile since MK2
But Ermac kinda took my soul in MK9 so now I dont have a choice anymore. He does wield the might of thousands after all

Maasik

Noob
Basically, I find a character that looks badass with special moves / normals that look brutal.. then I main them regardless of tier or archetype. If he looks cool and has awesome looking combos, I'll play him.

Then when I get bored with that character, I move on to other interesting characters.. but I mostly just pick the ones I find badass or fun.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
SubZ since MK1. The spell is too strong. Though I'll surely have a bite of each fighter.

Last edited:

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I'm gonna grab a zoning character that I think is GOOD and fun. He has to look awesome. I will be a loyalist with him. And I want insta airs

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
I'm def in the camp that needs to try them all and see who feels right. I'm just getting into mk9 again and it's just too hard to play some guys. Yes I suck but if I play around with someone and it just doesn't feel comfortable after a few min I get discouraged. Like if it takes me hard thinking and memorizing to do a long complicated b123 dash special f321 f321 type combo, how am I going to pull it off in a match reactively? Basically means I can only play scorpion...so hoping mkx is better.

I prefer characters that are either military based ( Guile, Rolento, Deathstroke ) or a Shaolin lol
so ye Kung Lao, Kano or Jax

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
GET OVER HERE!

It's all about Scorpion, no matter what. People are going to confuse me with a plastic surgeon because of all the face lifts I'll be handing out.

Get it? His fatality, cuts off your face, face lift? Plastic surgeon? right????:D

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
I've noticed that I prefer to wait for opponent to come and then try to react correctly to what he does. As a result, as low-level player, I ended up sticking to mostly Raiden (who could bait some of more half-arsed zoning/pressure attempts and reverse with teleport) and a tiny bit of Sub (yes, I do know that he has to be more proactive, but again, I'm a scrub :p ).

Yeah, making things happen, initiative - those aren't something I'm good at both IRL and in games, so yeah :)

Even though I used characters less suited for that during my short IGAU time, I still mostly tried to play the game of waiting for people to screw up.

So, if this trend of mine stays, I should probably call that "archetype loyalist", but potential diversity of ways to punish stupid shit make me interested in many characters and variations already. A bit of defensive play and zoning is what I will probably check out first.

LordBison

My Psycho Power knows no limits!
I picked character loyalty because that is how I roll but......I would say whoever spews the best gibberish......along the lines of WOOLAY!.....So really, only that one man.