• Swaggest combos

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Character's visual design

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • Main? I counter-pick it to win it

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
One of three things will happen:

1. I'll play around with most of the cast until I finally settle on one character who I will be 100% married to and will never play anyone else, excluding casuals.

2. I will fail to find a character who I can latch on to and really lose myself in...and I'll lose interest in the game.

3. NRS will put a sexy ninja bitch with a bow and arrow in the game and SHE WILL BE MINE regardless of playstyle or tier placement!!!!

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I'm gonna try to stay loyal to my characters (Shang, Ermac) but if they are not in the game then i will pick someone new i guess

i wanna counter everything. give me parries, reflects, absorption. i wanna read you and beat you.

also give me a dark design, good or neutral alignment, one ok projectile but a melee focus. also mid tier plz, and at least mid damage combos (no jax/arrow/doomsday etc please)

right now im leaning towards kano, but as always raiden and sub might be options. oh and kotal is awesome even though hes all different.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
There are some lying ass bitches here on TYM lol. That "Tier Whore" option should be blowing up.

I mean seriously... nobody looked at half melted Kabal and was like... "yep, that is my dude.... screw the shadow wraith or ice ninja... give me everyones favorite burn victim."
I think he will be in the game, i have this conspiracy theory that NRS wants some TYM rivarly to keep happening so, there is some characters that must to be in the game for that to happen. What if:

KL - For Perfect Legend
Kitana - For 16 bit
Kabal - For REO
Jax - For CDjr
Cage - For Dizzy
Cyrax - For DJT

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
How I determine my main
Step 1 : Is their a sexy male character I'd wanna do it with?
Step 1a : Yes - I'd main dat
Step 1b: No - Damn pick a female character

Step 2: is the female character evil and or a hoochie?
Step 2a: Yes - My bae
Step 2b: Fuck this game I didn't wanna learn it anyway

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
When I first get into a game it's a combination of things. Visual design, playstyle, story, character archetype I'm drawn to. After that if I main said character for real I become a loyalist in any subsequent sequel they are in. I'm kinda like that with my secondaries but I switch those in and out if my main happens to be so bad that it's nearly impossible to win(though this has not been the case even though it's come close before).

So for MK for example Scorpion has been my main since MK1. I've been all up and down the tier ratings with him. The only exception that was made was in vanilla MK3 which he wasn't in so I mained Robo-Smoke and then the last half of my UMK3 career as I used Human Smoke (my favorite hidden character in 2 and let's face it he was "super scorpion" in UMK3) so Scorp was technically my secondary in that game.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I think he will be in the game, i have this conspiracy theory that NRS wants some TYM rivarly to keep happening so, there is some characters that must to be in the game for that to happen. What if:

KL - For Perfect Legend
Kitana - For 16 bit
Kabal - For REO
Jax - For CDjr
Cage - For Dizzy
Cyrax - For DJT
You forgot Kenshi for Pig. Kenshi confirmed. Main confirmed. :coffee:

EDIT: yoooo why is that random Killer Instinct picture on my avatar???

EDIT 2: it's gone. :confused:

Last edited:

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
First they have to have that "kewl factor"
Then they have to be very versatile and have a lot of options as to how they can be played.
Then they can't be broken
And they have to help me avoid blocking ,because I suck at it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
For me I tend to excel at zoning the most, either with a ranged normal character or projectile character. So I usually check out what I think look likes the Top 3 zoners of the game and the one that feels the most comfortable I end up main'ing. Kenshi and Raven both fit the mold for me. Kenshi for obvious reasons, and Raven for her spacing and match controlling ability.

Then as a secondary I look for a character that can get in and apply pressure, aggressive characters that feel comfortable. Lao and Bane fit that mold. Preferably not too high a curve, because I want the best out of my secondary. For example, Skarlet or Zod could never be my secondary even though I would have loved to use both characters.

Also, not that my two characters have to be top tier, but I prefer they not be bottom tier. I want to utilize my skills the best I can and most likely that wouldn't be done by using a bottom 5 character.

So basically it's "best feeling Top 3 zoner as main, best feeling pressure character that isn't too tough to use as secondary, at least mid tier of the cast".

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I do love zoning, so that will play a part in my decision for sure. I'm probably gonna get my feet wet with every character and go from there... unless Noob Saibot is in the game of course!!

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
The options provided don't quite explain how I pick my main because I can't pick more than one and there are considerations outside the list.

The visual design is a small factor. However, if a character doesn't seem visually appealing to me I feel demotivated to play it. Play style is perhaps the biggest factor. I mained Sektor in MK9 because his play style suited me better than any other character. I actually started with Quan and even tried Ermac for a while but didn't like the play style of either. Finally, there's also a bit of character loyalist in me. Quan is my favorite and I always try him out first. This time though I have made up my mind that I will pick up at least one of his variations as my main, depending on the play style. Tier is never a factor in my decision as I don't compete at the highest level.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
It'll go two ways: a) I will latch on to a character that is clearly herpderp top tier and I'll tell everyone to stfu 'cause I was there day 1, or, b) I will probably just alternate trolling with Raiden and Tempest Kung Lao.

It's really hard to say before we know the whole cast.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
In order of importance

1. Fujin (or any wind manipulating character if there are more).
2. If they match the particular archetype of character I like to play (ie. so far Commando Kano is the only variation I've seen so far out of all of them that matches what I like).
3 or 4. To use the informality- "spinny" moves. In MK9 I started with Mileena (u4, b14, etc) but moved to Skarlet (f4). Batgirl (cartwheel) and Wonder Woman (b3, f3, lasso spin) too.
3 or 4. Telekinesis/sorcery. Telekinesis is godlike, sorcery in general is hype. (Used to main Ermac, moved to Quan and Kenshi. Would've mained Zatanna had she not been a pain in the ass on pad.)
5. Visual awesomeness/swag factor. (I play Baraka now in MK9 too.)