What's new

How u came up with your psn

well lets see..
Im sure everyone has heard the term "Real Talk" get tossed around every now n then... well thats a term I used to use ALOT, not only that Im a big Fabolous fan and his album (real talk) was out at the time I started using the name..
718 is a nyc area code as a few of you already know.

good stories though guys..

AriaDelano said:
Aria - An agency I used to work for a long time ago, while working for this agency I traveled to Miami quite frequently, in fact, I lived there for a bit.

Delano - My fav hotel in miami.

Aria + Delano - Some of the best times together to this day!
no way! I was sure that was your actual name! that's probably the biggest shocker of the whole thread :D

Tim Static

Adminerator
dookiebrain said:
nice. what kind of work did you do?
mainly website stuff, but i was an intern for WB Records for a couple years and did a couple East Coast tours with them.

dciguy01 said:
My name...

DCI - Drum Corps International (http://www.dci.org) I could spend hours talking about it, but I'd be here all night and wouldn't even scratch the surface. Just check it out for yourself. To get to the point, I used to march with a certain corps for three years.
01 - graduating high school year
Come on, corp bands dont MARCH....lol.

I've played drums since i was in 5th grade. its an obsession. But i love military/corp/pipes & drums, etc. EPIC stuff :D

D

david_GEM

real_talk718 said:
well lets see..
Im sure everyone has heard the term "Real Talk" get tossed around every now n then... well thats a term I used to use ALOT, not only that Im a big Fabolous fan and his album (real talk) was out at the time I started using the name..
718 is a nyc area code as a few of you already know.

good stories though guys..
you know, before i started going to brooklyn college i was going to medgar evers college and i was an intern for the radio station. there was a dj there simply named "the 718" so every time i see your name i think ur some kind of radio personality. (real talk sounds like it can be a radio show)

D

david_GEM

@ aria- you have to admit, that would have made a pretty awesome name though.

bonus question- how did kensidj get his? (if ur friends with him on mysace, u'll know)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tim Static said:
mainly website stuff, but i was an intern for WB Records for a couple years and did a couple East Coast tours with them.

Come on, corp bands dont MARCH....lol.

I've played drums since i was in 5th grade. its an obsession. But i love military/corp/pipes & drums, etc. EPIC stuff :D
Here's a clear example of the distorted perception of drum (and bugle) corps. Check out the following video to see what a drum and bugle corps does on a daily rehearsal and show. I think your assessment will be flipped 180 degrees tenfold. For the musicians out there, there are points in this and many other shows where the performers are flying around at over 200+ bpm.

rdz21

Noob
my psn name isnt really creative...rdz21...r is the first letter of my name, d is the 1st letter of my bro's name (we put down $350 each for the ps3), z is the 1st letter of my last name...i was 21 when i got the ps3..
i was thinking recently to make a new psn name like Exist2Resist...or something like that.
On another note, back in 07 when i played mk2 when i saw Real_Talk718 i thought it was a phone sex line advertisement. AriaDelano...i thought that was his real name...i believe i saw dookiebrain in 07...i thought that meant "a guy that smokes weed regularly"...i also remember some guy from 07 named MicroXbot...not sure who that was but i couldnt beat him...he picked only reptile.

iammud

Noob
david_GEM said:
@ aria- you have to admit, that would have made a pretty awesome name though.

bonus question- how did kensidj get his? (if ur friends with him on mysace, u'll know)
ha, looks like his name is ken and hes a D&B/Jungle DJ... being that he's in florida, I've for sure at least been at some of the same shows as him... I used to be real big into drum & bass.

I came up with this tag pretty randomly, first i needed a cool name associated with death for Call of Duty WaW cause all you do in the online games is run around and blow everybodys head off. In the past i've used various others like Uredrum or Drewski (beer = brewski + Andrew = Drewski) Anyways when i got my ps3 i took a couple of minutes to think of the coolest name i could think of associated with my first name and anything related to online murder lol. Suicide popped into my head and i was like aww sheee-iit, Drewicide.

dciguy01 said:
For the musicians out there, there are points in this and many other shows where the performers are flying around at over 200+ bpm.
You guys are highly skilled, but in death metal 200+ bpm is standard and most drummers can play accurately at 260 bpm and higher (check out Pete Sandoval, Flo Mounier, money grubbing shill Derek Roddy, etc.). More than a few play with precision at speeds well above 300 bpm. I don't play drums, and I write everything from a guitarists point of view. I think it takes more skills to play 200+ bpm precisely and technically as a drummer than as a guitarist. As a guitarist, it's pretty easy once you've nailed alternate picking and practiced some Slayer songs. I don't know how you get there as a drummer.

A lot of jazz drummers play close to death metal speed, FWIW. I also consider marching band musicians a talented group overall. Some punk, hardcore, and grindcore drummers play that fast, but usually (there are a few exceptions) without the precision shared by the other groups.

Kensidj

10 ft Tall Roadblock
mud said:
ha, looks like his name is ken and hes a D&B/Jungle DJ... being that he's in florida, I've for sure at least been at some of the same shows as him... I used to be real big into drum & bass.
bingo! :)

i got my name when i got my p3 back on christmas day in 07 i thought about my AIM which is "imabiznizmann" from when i got a job with dish network when i was in school still @ 16 yrs old i thought i was doing it big at the time and for my age compared to my friends...(definitely my head was big!) so when the P3 came Christmas day i thought about a name that needed to make a statement before the match even started and the name serious-business was born i thought it sounded hot and creative so i ran with it the "z" is just for shits and gigs but you guys are creative as hell for thinkin about some of the names like (kensidj, dook, rdz, aria, tim, realtalk, dci etc) good shit fellas

@ real_talk that Fab album was crazy bro!!!! good stuff the name is creative too man! ;)

i build lowriders and minitrucks. i painted an s10 that was blue silver and white for a guy in my truck club. evryone at the show said it looked frozen and our club sticker was the grim reaper holding a m16 so all the guys calld the truk frozen soldier. i later bought the truk and ppl started callin me by the trucks name.

D

david_GEM

btw

David= first name
Gem= from the gems in Crash Bandcoot

david_GEM said:
I wanted John2kx to comment on here. Did Mackerfield?
My bad, I didn't.

Let me ask you a question. When you were a kid, do you remember playing side scrolling adventure games? Super Mario Bros., Sonic, DKC, etc.? Well, in those games, occasionally something would go wrong. During a scrolling level, which we called "air levels", you have to jump from platform to platform, and once in a while one of the necessary platforms would just be missing, for no logical reason, forcing you to plummet to your death. On the flipside, sometimes you would mistime a jump but end up being safe anyway. Maybe it looked like you got hit with one of Bowser's fireballs, but you didn't die. Perhaps you accidentally bumped into a Kremling, but managed to roll at the last second possible and the game gives you the benefit of the doubt? Maybe you fell in the lava, but somehow you kept your shield AND your rings?

Well, we decided that there are video game gods that control these things. Mackerfield is the video game god of life. He helps you across dangerous water ways, makes sure you get the coin ship in Mario 3, and gives you the power to do things such as stage fatality/friendships. His evil brother, Wackerfield, is the video game god of death. He makes you get the worthless anchor in Mario 3. He makes platforms disappear. When you jump from one platform to another, he makes you slip off and fall into spikes or a pit. Wackerfield laughs every time Shao Kahn makes fun of you. Wackerfield makes you fuck up your super combo when that super combo was the only thing between immortality and losing to M. Bison.

So, some people say Goro Lives. Personally, I believe Mackerfield Lives. It's my way of showing respect to the video game god of life, truth, and virtue. And he's way better than that four armed pussy, anyway.

D

david_GEM

*clears throat* well. Is the name "mackerfield" really accosiated with a game god? Forget it, AWESOME STORY. I'm guessing Wackerfield also invented lag.

wow, dudemcrude. that is awesome! that's one of the coolest name origins ever! totally makes sense so long time gamers! +1 for mackerfield! :D

Thanks, guys. And, yes, Wackerfield DID invent lag, though I would't find that out until 13-14 years later (about 10 months ago). Every time lag fucks up a Mileena ground roll or corner combo, it's HIS FAULT.