What's new

How much more potential does the meta of Injustice have left?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Opinions are always debatable but I'm curious to know how much better we can get as a community. I used to hate watching Injustice because I just couldn't stand watching high tiers dominate everyone. It was all offense and resets and OTGs and mindless zoning.

As the game has evolved, defense has improved and the over all level of play has grown. Now watching locals across the US and UK have "top 8 like" players and performances. Punishes are there and casual players are much better than before. Zoning even seems to be less of an issue (And thats coming from a NW main)

Street fighter for me is always fun to watch because the fundamentals have remained consistent over the last 4 years. The meta in the new version of the game is already set. The learning curve for injustice has taken much longer to get where it is and it makes me wonder about how much better it will get.

Final Round was an eye opener for me to see how far behind I was as a player despite getting 9th. In winners I fought 16 bit and was eliminated by Orochi...I got bodied and it was because they were too much better than me. Level of play = HUGE
Key matches and players that made me start watching Injustice more.

How much better with Injustice get with time? I certainly feel it has more potential and I hope people will still play this game in the coming months.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I plan on still playing injustice when Mkx comes out I am going to play the shit out of mk and it's going to b my main competetive game but I also still feel I have more to learn and evolve in injustice so definately not dead in my eyes

Personally i feel like i am starting to play like i played mk. I am making conversions off of whackjob things, juggles, my rushdown is more spacing oriented (i back off and strike more)... everything is becoming instinctive and more reactionary... but maybe that is all because i play martian. people will be wobbling outside footsie range more and more with these slow walk speeds but their slowness is magnified by the fact that the characters are small in relation to the stage. I know when the orb is going to at the right distance, when i can hit confirm... it translates to other characters... it's becoming more bait oriented... just earlier i was doing things with sinestro dicking around that i normally wouldn't do...

That being said, i think the powerfulness of some moves overshadows the arrisal for more character depth... some things could have been interesting and useful if executed properly but they won't pan out... barring very very minimal situations.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Am still waiting for the theo and Pl to show the world how broken joker truly is.
still waiting for the NW player that will prove the world of broken his footsies are :DOGE

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Injustice has been out for a little over a year. No game should be questioned if it's meta has been completely developed given only that much time.

Simply put, a long, long time. It'll keep on developing as long as our community strives to develop it.
I agree with you but I am afreaid some people don't see it this way and are just biding time till MKx. Atl has lost many good players that we had in the early life.

Personally i feel like i am starting to play like i played mk. I am making conversions off of whackjob things, juggles, my rushdown is more spacing oriented (i back off and strike more)... everything is becoming instinctive and more reactionary... but maybe that is all because i play martian. people will be wobbling outside footsie range more and more with these slow walk speeds but their slowness is magnified by the fact that the characters are small in relation to the stage. I know when the orb is going to at the right distance, when i can hit confirm... it translates to other characters... it's becoming more bait oriented... just earlier i was doing things with sinestro dicking around that i normally wouldn't do...
I feel like this too. My comfort level with NW has reached an all time high and has given me that extra level of confidence in bad MU.

Am still waiting for the theo and Pl to show the world how broken joker truly is.
still waiting for the NW player that will prove the world of broken his footsies are :DOGE
Watch a high level martian NW match or WW NW match. The footsies are super fun and close...in fact from the right distance NW out footsies both of them.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I agree with you but I am afreaid some people don't see it this way and are just biding time till MKx. Atl has lost many good players that we had in the early life.
I think Injustice is an awesome and unique game, and so I hate to say this, but I believe that MKX may kill Injustice before we ever max out the game. =( This community doesn't seem to like playing more than one game at a time, and with it being an MK site and all, MKX is going to steal everyone's time 100% when it drops.

I sincerely hope we continue to play Injustice though.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
I think Injustice is an awesome and unique game, and so I hate to say this, but I believe that MKX may kill Injustice before we ever max out the game. =( This community doesn't seem to like playing more than one game at a time, and with it being an MK site and all, MKX is going to steal everyone's time 100% when it drops.

If the MK community let MK9 die what do you think will happen to a non-MK game? There will still be those of us who play it post-MKX release, but most people won't touch Injustice for a good 6 months after MKX is released.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I don't really understand wing evade but was thinking the same thing just the other day.
It's basically a backdash you can cancel into one of 3 moves. You can get punish for at least 25% meterless anywhere on screen, it's just hard to use consistently because she's not invincible for the whole duration, so your timing needs to be spot on

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

I tend to agree but I feel the game slipping slightly now and I want to change that.

If the MK community let MK9 die what do you think will happen to a non-MK game? There will still be those of us who play it post-MKX release, but most people won't touch Injustice for a good 6 months after MKX is released.
True but MK9 had been fleshed out near 100%. By the end of the games life cyrax could be best in game and had an evo championship to prove it. Kabal may be number 2! Only one character IMO didn't get fully fleshed which was Raiden. (shhhh don't tell Bwizz)

Raiden had a 1 frame teleport. Every string gap in the game can be teleported out of and whiff punished but nobody did it. Not a knock I just wish that raidens weren't so offensive and were more defensive whiff punishers.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's basically a backdash you can cancel into one of 3 moves. You can get punish for at least 25% meterless anywhere on screen, it's just hard to use consistently because she's not invincible for the whole duration, so your timing needs to be spot on
But it has more invincibility than a back dash so she has that going for her.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I tend to agree but I feel the game slipping slightly now and I want to change that.

True but MK9 had been fleshed out near 100%. By the end of the games life cyrax could be best in game and had an evo championship to prove it. Kabal may be number 2! Only one character IMO didn't get fully fleshed which was Raiden. (shhhh don't tell Bwizz)

Raiden had a 1 frame teleport. Every string gap in the game can be teleported out of and whiff punished but nobody did it. Not a knock I just wish that raidens weren't so offensive and were more defensive whiff punishers.
You would have to include Jade there as well. Runwaymafia made a huge guide detailing every string in the game glow could interupt, but no one was doing it.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
You would have to include Jade there as well. Runwaymafia made a huge guide detailing every string in the game glow could interupt, but no one was doing it.
agreed.

Might as well add Skarlet in then too. She was ALMOST there but I still think she could do better. but like I said...almost 100% fleshed out

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
To be fair, it's a lot riskier to glow through strings than teleport. For one, teleport isn't hampered by meter drain...it also has a 1-frame activation.

While I am surprised Raiden teleporting out of strings didn't become a common practice, I'm not surprised about Jade.

But anyway, I think IGAU has at least another 2 years before people can actually call it 100% fleshed out.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
To be fair, it's a lot riskier to glow through strings than teleport. For one, teleport isn't hampered by meter drain...it also has a 1-frame activation.

While I am surprised Raiden teleporting out of strings didn't become a common practice, I'm not surprised about Jade.

But anyway, I think IGAU has at least another 2 years before people can actually call it 100% fleshed out.
Yep, Jade-Cage is TERRIBLE mostly because of the meter drain glitch :(

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think the core meta is figured out. The way footsies and the neutral game play out. That was figured out a while ago and hasn't changed. The movement won't allow that to be any different. Character and matchup knowledge still has room to grow. I take great pride in my Catwoman matchup knowledge and know I could improve in matchups for another year at least.

Well, theoretically, HG could be broke as hell with perfect WE execution, she'd could punish like anything. Still shit coming
Wing evade is cheap, 3 is 4 frame startup, on top of wing evades 15 and its only 1... also not enough people wing evade and just don't do anything... it's not like she can just mace charge in... plus hawkgirls will be wing evading my trait with zod... doesn't work in the long run but...

I feel like this too. My comfort level with NW has reached an all time high and has given me that extra level of confidence in bad MU.

Watch a high level martian NW match or WW NW match. The footsies are super fun and close...in fact from the right distance NW out footsies both of them.
I've never though nightwing martian was "super fun"... its more like obnoxious... i can't willfully chuck projectiles and i always gotta be worried about the flying grayson when i try to gain position and chuck shit.