What's new

Question how does blocking help make a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
i'm having trouble making trades with sub. yet i find noobs trade with me all the time. what are they doing that I seem to not be getting? how does blocking help make a trade?

It really depends on you're spacing and who throws the projectile first. SZ can trade with most projectiles at mid range and get a combo off or at least a slide (if you eat a projectile aswell), excluding instant air projectiles.

Seapeople

This one's for you
Never try to trade as Sub Zero. If you want a trade to happen, put your ice ball on the screen before they ever throw a projectile out.

Never try to trade as Sub Zero. If you want a trade to happen, put your ice ball on the screen before they ever throw a projectile out.
What people consider a trade is really a good read. Iceball is to keep your opponent in check and prevent him from zoning you constantly.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
i'm having trouble making trades with sub. yet i find noobs trade with me all the time. what are they doing that I seem to not be getting? how does blocking help make a trade?
I'm not entirely sure if I understand your question (sorry if I come off as stupid). Can you elaborate a bit more on what you are referring to so I can give an answer?

charlieonline

Search "CaseyJones" for active profile.
I'm not entirely sure if I understand your question (sorry if I come off as stupid). Can you elaborate a bit more on what you are referring to so I can give an answer?
What I'm saying is the online masses love to zone and rarely if ever rush down and when they do it's just a jump in attempt. I on the other hand am always forced to chase them as sub and find myself looking like a dog jumping through hoops trying to get in.

Once around mid screen around 50% of the time they land in a clone or their jip gets me. When I try to shoot an iceball they seem to always have a projectile and block in time.

What I don't understand is that I've tried to mimic this noob playstyle. These noob subs seem to have tons of iceballs on screen yet I can't.. they do play zoning subs though and never move in front of their clones. I'm confused because I always thought sub was rush down yet these iceball spammer subs seem to do just as well throwing iceballs blindly. How can they be so bad yet be able to have iceballs on screen all the time? And how can they possibly get away with this playstyle, wouldn't teleporters wreck them?

Seapeople

This one's for you
What people consider a trade is really a good read. Iceball is to keep your opponent in check and prevent him from zoning you constantly.
I don't think I contradicted what you're saying..

There are only a few projectiles that you can trade with on reaction like Reptile's forceball. For everything else, you have to throw an ice ball ahead of time. That pressures your opponent into making a bad read.

These noob subs seem to have tons of iceballs on screen yet I can't.. they do play zoning subs though and never move in front of their clones. I'm confused because I always thought sub was rush down yet these iceball spammer subs seem to do just as well throwing iceballs blindly. How can they be so bad yet be able to have iceballs on screen all the time? And how can they possibly get away with this playstyle, wouldn't teleporters wreck them?
Every character has tools to deal with turtling, but Sub zero isn't a turtler. He uses spacing to push opponents to the corner and bait them into a clone/freeze.

If the guys you've mentioned are "getting away" with their playstyle it's because they're making good reads or fighting against inexperienced players.

You want to have an ice ball on the screen first and make reads on when they are looking for it and blocking randomly, to make your way in.
Blocking can help make a trade based on spacing and what projectile.

If you block a slow recovering projectile from just outside of mid range, then put yours on screen first, the trade will be in your favor. Some projectiles have to be crouched in order for this to happen as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.