What's new

Question How do I get rid of bad habbits?

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I don't remember who, but one of our good Stunt Double players said he liked to cancel off d4's (in the corner that is). He said that it also worked as a great conditioning tool for opponents to eat the overhead instead.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I gotta stop wakeup NJPing every time someone drops a combo on me. Don't know why I still do this. It works on randoms who love to go for a crossup whenever they drop their combo but in sets with good players this just gets me blown up every time. Drop the combo and get another one for free on me lol.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
You have to work them out of your system, get a buddy and record your matches and you'll know what you're doing worng firsthadn

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I was watching a Yomi stream where a SR Takeda player was super-skilled, but he continually lost to a button-mashing Shaolin Kung Jin player - and I realized that I need to judge players less on how skillfully they play and put more emphasis on who wins. The game is what it is. Its not changing. So, I need to change how I judge.

Kung Jin is still brain-dead over all variations. I really hate it. Its like Bieber getting a parade and they taxed social workers to pay for it.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
Getting beat the fxck up is all fine and dandy but if the more experienced training partner isn't giving you back constructive criticism or tips, its all for nothing. You'll mentally just put yourself into a character crisis and start questioning if you are even improving. Well, at least thats my dilemma.

Getting beat up repeatedly doesn't curve your bad habits. Getting beat up with knowing the reasons you're getting beat up is the most effective way.