What's new

How do I get out of Cages frame traps!?

I'm so irritated at his frame traps! Derp lets keep the enemy from being able to move derp. So fucking lame! Its unfair even! I need to be able to escape this bullshit.

Chill out it's only been 15 minutes.

Whenever he does a string like F3 2 or F3 3 B3, you can poke out or jump out. The problem here is that he can d1 you, which will snuff out pretty much anything you do. Block the D1 however, and you're pretty much free for a crossup. Always block low, when he does F3 3 B3 fuzzy guard the B3, it's important you stay crouching all the time so the ex forceballs will whiff.

I sort of have a theory that hasn't been tested yet. If what I said isn't working out, then when he does F3 2 jump when he does the 2. This will put you on wakeup and you can do an invincible wake up attack. This is risky though, since someone like sub can be punished for blocked wake up attack. Plus, the opponent could do a F3 3 B3, and he can react to the jump and combo into a nutpunch. You know what all this shit doesn't sound too good at all but i kinda just wanted to put it out there.

Also armored specials.

leek

Noob
Who do you play most?

depending on the character I can give you matchup help..

D+1, D+3, uppercut, gtf off me move (all character dependant like I said..)

frame traps are just how it rolls. It comes with experience learning where you can and where you can't interrupt.

Cyber sub has a very fast parry. try using that after one of his strings. If he does a d1 he'll snuff it out but the parry is deceptively fast, even if he does a d1 you can get the parry off before he gets his F3 off.

You have to get used to counter-poking as others have mentioned in this thread. Typically a well placed d1 or d3 will take care of this, you just have to know when you're able to counter-poke to break up pressure. Know what you're looking for, and when you can escape. Jumping is not the answer.

If Johnny Cage uses the F32 string, he can follow it up with a d1. The only thing that will beat/trade (and trades do not exist in this game, so the game randomly decides who wins in this situation) with the d1 is a 6-frame normal or special move (ie: Kung Lao spin, Reptile command dash). If you attempt to jump, the d1 will anti-air you and if the Cage is good, he will get dash 2, dash 2, dash 2, dash 44 xx ball-breaker into the reset.

Wait for the d1 after the f32, then counter-poke the d1.

Another frame-trap Cage will use is mixing up between f33 and f33b3 (last hit overhead, forces you to stand block). Once the Cage player has conditioned you to stand block the b3, they will likely use f33 xx ex forceball (since you are stand blocking it) and continue pressure. If you attempt to counter-poke after f33 and the Cage used the f33b3 string, he will hit you. Because the string hit, Cage is at advantage to enter another block-string, meaning you have to block another string before you can attempt to counter-poke.

If you successfully block the f33b3 string, the last hit will create a little bit of space and you can counter-poke here, create some space by backing up or push your offense.

Cage can also hit-confirm the f32 string into f32 xx ball-breaker which gives him a safe jump into another block-string/hit confirm (f32 will no longer be special move-cancellable after the patch, I don't know that I agree with this change however).

Try your best not to escape by jumping, get the counter-poke in the right spots and then jump or counter-aggress. Also try not to get cornered.

leek

Noob
I play as Cyber Dub. The only 3 moves I could do were parry, dive kick and slide.
parry. It's going to completely sway the match in your favor, since it activates so fast.

I believe you can parry after any F+3 attack, once F+3 hits(example: F+32, F+3 you can parry before the second hit.)

In between strings you can parry, say cage goes for 11. Great, now if you have seen Cage go for 21/F+32/ or anything else besides a low poke, you can parry for a free 8% and spacing. Use bombs to keep the pace of the match yours. 334 and 34 will be your best friend, i'm sure you know.

Watch out for EX-shadow on wake up and if you try zoning with bombs and ice ball. You can almost guarantee a shadow kick if you throw out two projectiles at once.

When pressuring, watch his meter. If you find that cage has full meter, back off a bit and do NOT go for a jump in punch. X-ray will make you pay for attempting.

UsedForGlue takes on foxygrandpa as cyber sub and deals with the match very well IMO.

parry. It's going to completely sway the match in your favor, since it activates so fast.

I believe you can parry after any F+3 attack, once F+3 hits(example: F+32, F+3 you can parry before the second hit.)

In between strings you can parry, say cage goes for 11. Great, now if you have seen Cage go for 21/F+32/ or anything else besides a low poke, you can parry for a free 8% and spacing. Use bombs to keep the pace of the match yours. 334 and 34 will be your best friend, i'm sure you know.

Watch out for EX-shadow on wake up and if you try zoning with bombs and ice ball. You can almost guarantee a shadow kick if you throw out two projectiles at once.

When pressuring, watch his meter. If you find that cage has full meter, back off a bit and do NOT go for a jump in punch. X-ray will make you pay for attempting.

UsedForGlue takes on foxygrandpa as cyber sub and deals with the match very well IMO.
The problem with this is FoxyGrandpa never uses d3 in his offensive pressure game. Parry is only the answer if the Cage player constantly uses f32 and f33b3 shenanigans.

leek

Noob
The problem with this is FoxyGrandpa never uses d3 in his offensive pressure game. Parry is only the answer if the Cage player constantly uses f32 and f33b3 shenanigans.
... He does use D+3. 2:20 is one example and i'm sure there is many many many more because that's where I figured to use D+3 to beat out some moves from.

A F0xy Grampa said:
Its useful but not to be overused, against CSZ sadly its a must.
in his SVB 20XI gameplay thread.

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
As a Kabal player I would like to know when I can ex dash through these traps. Perhaps MortySeinfeld could you fill me in on this? like Am gussin' after f33 perhaps? ( as Kabal aint got ANY 6 frames moves)