What's new

Question How are you guys pressuring?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
yes it is when used correctly especially against the low hit box chars as they are always waiting to poke ermac.
not saying for counterpokes or for lowering his hitbox entirely, his d3 is actually godlike vs chars with no fast mids

Error

DF2+R2
Got to remember that IAFB is only a free jip if you've conditioned your opponent to blocking after it. It's only +21 and I think you need to be at least +30 for a free jip, if not it can be avoided/AA'd/armored

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I don't
I hear on streams trolling saying he's bottom 5 all the time. Also so few is playing him seriously, least I don't see it.
MU charts also have not been favourable for him lately.
Trolls will always troll potato. If people believe Ermac is bottom 5, then let them. They will get blown up by a "bottom 5" character.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
Trolls will always troll potato. If people believe Ermac is bottom 5, then let them. They will get blown up by a "bottom 5" character.
yea people who say he's bottom tier are retards for sure, any character with so many situational punishes for really good damage can always do good even in bad matchups if played correctly

Illmatix

ok something i do is i always is end A2A JP combos in f4 personally i think the yomi game that comes after it is almost ALWAYS worth it since it's so scaled. I mean the max combo is like 26% if you end in F4 throw it gives you 32% and sets up the 12XXlift frame trap (Unarmorable lol) later that totals it to around 56%. what do you guys think about this? i think this is pretty practical.

of course i'll go for the TKP if i can zone him out to close the round.

C-Sword

Noob
New to Ermac, I've been using d3, 3, 1, d1, iab

Not sure how good is that

Btw, what's the best way to punish Raiden's teleport? 3, 1 or 1, 2?

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Got to remember that IAFB is only a free jip if you've conditioned your opponent to blocking after it. It's only +21 and I think you need to be at least +30 for a free jip, if not it can be avoided/AA'd/armored
if you hit this move at not point blank... you don't get a free JIP .... i tested this out. Good info above ^^^

Illmatix

online you barely react to it in time with 12, at least i cant, he is at - 13 i believe (Correct me if im wrong) so you could get a reverse lift sometimes than after that you could just go for free throws. if you can get it online though, 12 is probably your best bet(10 frames, so always try this first). if the connection is especially horrendous i check him with d1 lift and go for throws and 31 pressure after that. plus we all know how much raiden likes to crossup after tele, you might even aa him with d1 into lift.

zaf

professor

Dude lol, you can ask me lol. We live so close and youve only played me 1000000 times.

Online doesn't matter. But offline use 31 or 121. I prefer 121 as it is less strict.

if you hit this move at not point blank... you don't get a free JIP .... i tested this out. Good info above ^^^

Yup this is correct. At certain ranges iafb will not lead to a free jip.

However what you always get after any iafb is a jik~iafb.
So if you see the iafb hits but it was not up close, you can jump kick iafb

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Dude lol, you can ask me lol. We live so close and youve only played me 1000000 times.

Online doesn't matter. But offline use 31 or 121. I prefer 121 as it is less strict.

Yup this is correct. At certain ranges iafb will not lead to a free jip.

However what you always get after any iafb is a jik~iafb.
So if you see the iafb hits but it was not up close, you can jump kick iafb
Yes. It can only be punished by armored moves. For Raiden's tp 121 or 12 lift is the best solution. 31 is a bit slow.