What's new

Question How are you guys pressuring?

Vagrant

Noob
I play a little ermac cause he's fun to use. I suck with him and I haven't used him seriously at all. I've spent the past month probably pressuring d3 in between 31 pressure..... I saw someone do it in a vid and i thought it looked cool

...Today i looked at his frame data....

I'm a dumbass.

Much like my beloved yellow ninja, ermac is negative on hit after a d3... so obviously i don't want to use that to check. 32(1) isn't quick enough to just consistently pressure with, what do you guys use to pressure with ermac?

Ill defer to the experts but give this input....if you have meter for breaker you can risk a 321-lift. You may get the lift if the enemy lets go of block after the 1. You also can b1 and stop the string for a throw or a 32 pressure. It depends on the char...you prob dont want to do this against like sonya for example. You could also do b1 into a f4 or d4. Btw...nice games a few days ago (Infinisynth)

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I play a little ermac cause he's fun to use. I suck with him and I haven't used him seriously at all. I've spent the past month probably pressuring d3 in between 31 pressure..... I saw someone do it in a vid and i thought it looked cool

I'm a dumbass.

Much like my beloved yellow ninja, ermac is negative on hit after a d3... so obviously i don't want to use that to check. 32(1) isn't quick enough to just consistently pressure with, what do you guys use to pressure with ermac?
His pressure is best used as a footsie type of pressure. D3 to create space and wiff punish with 13 frame lift (one of the best wiff punishers in the game!).

kronspik

Noob
Ermacs best ranges are at the max distance of TKP and the max distance of TKS. Try to space yourself into one of those 2 places. At point blank he will lose to a lot of characters.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
You typically don't wanna get close, but when you have no choice 3, 1 and d4 are the best tools. 3, 1, 2 can be thrown in there. If the 2 connects it causes stagger so you can get a safe jump for a punch in combo if they don't block, or a free throw if they do (unless they tech it of course).

His up close game is lacking, but his midscreen game is so good that it's an ok tradeoff.

NKZero

Noob
Ermac's tools work best at TKP range or blocked iaB range. Abuse iaB especially against characters who can do little to stop it. Then the mind games begin. Do you risk it and go for a lift? Backdash and TKP? Go forwards and grab? Do F2 to get +4 on block? Ermac isn't really competent up close especially against lower hit-box characters where you'll experience (1)21 or 3(1)2.

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
121 is really really good, here is some stuff i learned from zaf and some conclusions i came on my own:
1 is 10 frames
1 hits high and 21 hits mid
121 on hit gives you a free instant air blast if you miss the hit confirm
121 is neutral and provides spacing, this means you can dash back and blow up pokes and anti air easily after
D4 gives you a free 121, so does F4
if you do 121 into 121 and they try to jump out and the first 1 of the second 121 catches them you can chain lift to the full sting because 2 will wiff and the second 1 will catch them before they hit the ground yielding a juggle

its a really cool string, i also use f114 in the corner after a 312 stun because its +4 on block and leads to a lift without comitting to a chain, if they respect it i follow up with sweep as its +2 on block and if they respect that i follow up with f2 which is plus 4.
i mostly keep threat of lift after plus stings to continue my offense

Illmatix

I'm a dumbass.

d3 lift LOL
ok lets clear some things up....
i do use d3 with 31 pressure and i do use d3 lift lmao
you might think his d3 is whack but it isnt, d3 is +5 on crouching foes so sometimes i do jip 31 d3 crossover jip because 31 ALWAYS makes them crouch block to anticipate with a poke. then once in a blue moon i do JIP 31d3xxlift so they MUST respect it, its really fast and lowers his hit box drastically.
when used correctly d3 is killer against pokes yo
And dont get me started with d3 uppercut lol that aa's people more than it should

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
you might think his d3 is whack but it isnt
How could anyone think Ermac's D3 is whack

I think it's the only D3 in the game that lowers the character's hitbox as much as his does; it's amazing for avoiding crossups if timed right and it's really quick

Illmatix

How could anyone think Ermac's D3 is whack

I think it's the only D3 in the game that lowers the character's hitbox as much as his does; it's amazing for avoiding crossups if timed right and it's really quick
yes bro!!!!!!
dude lao tele's are still salty even if you miss the uppercut combo.

Seven

|| Seven ||
Ermac's d3 is really good if you use it right. Do 312 (on block) then do d3 lift, it'll work.

Also d4 is amazing, do d4 then force push, do that a couple times then do d4 and walk up and grab :)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I use 121 liberally, with iafb and his f114 off every jump in punch for free meter. Make them respect lift/push to get three throws. I hardly approach the other, I want them to come to me. Keep away Ermac is the best Ermac.

zaf

professor
No one really uses the unblockable anymore. He has better options.

You also do not need to be doing tks or push after a block string to make people respect those moves.

Jip, that's all every ermac I'v ever faced only does. Probably the most jumpy community of the lot
It's really no wonder that he is considered bottom 10
Ermac players be bottom 10. Real talk

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't
I hear on streams trolling saying he's bottom 5 all the time. Also so few is playing him seriously, least I don't see it.
MU charts also have not been favourable for him lately.
People must not be playing good EZMacs. He's A tier, high B at worst. Very few people play Skarlet but she's supposedly top ten.

My Ermac is stylish as hell to watch. But first a few things;
  • iab is 0 on block
  • iab gives a free jip on hit
  • 121, d4 are 0 on block
  • b4, f2 is adv on block
  • d4 is adv on hit
The idea here revolves around a mix up where they have to guess whether or not you are going to throw. Everything you do in your pressure is safe or adv on hit/block depending on what you chose to do. It all leads into itself and rather than staggering strings for combos I choose to go for setups that lead to throws or spacing. Your combos are moments of opportunity given to you by a successful keep away game and come in the form of whiff punishes and the occasional f2 and 12 on hit. Your goal is keep away and your pressure is designed with that in mind.

Illmatix

what do you guys think of b1? on hi hit box characters i look at it as free block string hits because no one wants to poke after this even if it's like-2 because the string already has a 1 frame gap after back 1, it is hard to react to. sometimes after 312 hit stun ill jip b1 31 312 or b1 31 throw. b1 throw is also good. also once i think b1 1 will hit (because they wanna poke it) ill finish the string and hit confirm to lift as it's really easy to do cuz it has like 4 kinda slow attacks. when i really am trying to bait pokes i b1b4, leaves you plus on block and works more than youd think.

Illmatix

ermacs D3 is one of the best in the game

worthy ermac mains know what im talking bout
yes it is when used correctly especially against the low hit box chars as they are always waiting to poke ermac.

Illmatix

My Ermac is stylish as hell to watch. But first a few things;
  • iab is 0 on block
  • iab gives a free jip on hit
  • 121, d4 are 0 on block
  • b4, f2 is adv on block
  • d4 is adv on hit
The idea here revolves around a mix up where they have to guess whether or not you are going to throw. Everything you do in your pressure is safe or adv on hit/block depending on what you chose to do. It all leads into itself and rather than staggering strings for combos I choose to go for setups that lead to throws or spacing. Your combos are moments of opportunity given to you by a successful keep away game and come in the form of whiff punishes and the occasional f2 and 12 on hit. Your goal is keep away and your pressure is designed with that in mind.
and standing 1 anti airs! love that shit so much lol:)