What's new

Havik Kombos

I love the way our boy plays so different with all these kameos. Truly gonna have to learn a couple for matchups. I love it. Sektor, Stryker,sub makes his kit and play style play differently. He's gonna be effective throughout the life of the game. Just gonna take practice and understanding

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
I love the way our boy plays so different with all these kameos. Truly gonna have to learn a couple for matchups. I love it. Sektor, Stryker,sub makes his kit and play style play differently. He's gonna be effective throughout the life of the game. Just gonna take practice and understanding
Yeah hes solid and can hang with all the top tiers. Sektor is the next kameo to lab

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Here's some of the optimal combos for the handcuffs resets:

0 Bar 1 Kameo 24% Dmg = b22, bf1, f1, f12, dk

0 Bar 2 Kameo 34%/32% Dmg = b2k2, db1, f1, bf1, extended b2, dk

1 Bar 2 Kameo 39%/37% Dmg = b2k2, ex db1, b22, bf1, f1, f12, dk

(Damage for the last two depends on whether you hit them with both grenades or just 1)
These also work with 22 as a starter! And 11 if you press back kameo at the same time as the first 1.
7f punish with restand for 35%, can also be ended in FB for 55%+ damage! Huge

Last edited:

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Corner with stryker:
Havik cannot be right beside opponent in the corner but whiff punisher B2 from range

B2bK2 exDB1, B22 BF1, 3 BF1, 22 cuffs 43%
- with BF2 ender 45%

Fatal blow
B2bK2 exDB1, B22 BF1, 3 BF1, 2 FB 58.5%

Corner with stryker:
Doesnt matter distance or can do if didnt get nades off first B2 for above combo

B22 BF1, 3 BF1, bK 22 DB4 38%. ex DB4 41%

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
These also work with 22 as a starter! And 11 if you press back kameo at the same time as the first 1.
7f punish with restand for 35%, can also be ended in FB for 55%+ damage! Huge
Yeah also works on f4 but you have to call in the grenades before pressing f4 which can be awkward to do online.
Havik cannot be right beside opponent in the corner but whiff punisher B2 from range
The b2bk2, db1 combos can actually work up close in the corner but the timing is more strict because you have to land a double grenade hit in order for them to have enough hitstun to combo off it.

But I don’t really use b22 when I’m that close range in the corner anyway, luckily you can still combo off of single grenade hits for the other starters and b22 if you’re further away from the opponent

Has anyone messed with Havik + Scorpion post patch? Haven't used him with Havik until yesterday, seems like there is maybe some stuff there...

B22, BF1, F1, BF1, far kameo scorpion, DB1;

Into whatever ender (J212 works into ~ something,not quite sure how to optimise that ender)

Also scorpion works with BF2 roll with down kameo, the timing is kinda similar to cyrax...

I'm sure others will come up with way better combos, but he seems like a fun one to explore

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Has anyone messed with Havik + Scorpion post patch? Haven't used him with Havik until yesterday, seems like there is maybe some stuff there...

Into whatever ender (J212 works into ~ something,not quite sure how to optimise that ender)

Also scorpion works with BF2 roll with down kameo, the timing is kinda similar to cyrax...

I'm sure others will come up with way better combos, but he seems like a fun one to explore
He gives us some more dmg but the problem is he doesn’t do much for our neutral game, his overhead is unsafe albeit it does give us a mixup or two into full combo

he is able to combo from bf3 anywhere and should also be able to launch from b223, f13, f43, b4 and anything else that even slightly lifts the opponent from the ground. scorpion has good stuff with everyone, but as havik doesnt have great juggles i dont see THAT much benefit. i dont see the overhead being mixed in strings but raw it can work. i think the biggest problem is that scorpion doesnt have any way to help havik getting his slow ass projectiles going in neutral.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Start messing with stryker i dunno of its been posted but u can do this for 2 kameo bars
22bf1 bk, dash, f1, ji212 fk , f12 bf2
It does 35 without ex tether

fr stack

@QUAN CHEEZY wot u think about these stryker set ups
B22 bf1 bk dash f1 dash 21bk (corpse hop b2) f3bf1 b22db4
The corpse hop is interesting you can blow up wake ups , reverse wake up with a jump over , and just generally swag while skipping over your opponent , im sure with another brain on it we can make this shit good

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
@QUAN CHEEZY wot u think about these stryker set ups
B22 bf1 bk dash f1 dash 21bk (corpse hop b2) f3bf1 b22db4
The corpse hop is interesting you can blow up wake ups , reverse wake up with a jump over , and just generally swag while skipping over your opponent , im sure with another brain on it we can make this shit good
Just tested it a little bit, I think the b2 corpse hop thing looks swaggy but it's not that practical against most wakeups, unless I'm getting the timing wrong it feels like the only way to combo from it is if only one of the grenades hit so that your f4 (or whatever move) is the one to break the armor.
But the problem with this is that all the decent wakeups are gonna be too quick for your f4 to come out in time, so you're only way to break the armor is to either do 11 which can be low profiled or d1 which you can't combo from.
Also if you time it so both grenades hit then the opponent can just block whatever follow up you choose to use.

The regular jump over after 21 seems like it works a lot better than the b2 hop for armor breaks, but it seems like if the opponent blocks on wakeup it causes the jump punch to whiff.
Idk I could be wrong on that, I was trying to test if it was up-blockable but every time the opponent blocks the grenades the jump attacks don't land

fr stack

Been trying it vs humans for the last while and having mixed results still new to stryker though so i keep dropping everything , i noticed mister strange was doing something similar with kano knives and a whiffed bf2 vs honeybee thats what got me interested in it

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
If anyone's interested in trying out Tremor with Havik, I made a video guide for him.
His combo damage isn't that great, and since he's pretty expensive resource-wise I would probably only spend Kameo meter on corner combos, keeping unsafe moves plus on block and the setups shown in the video (Also Crystal armor but that's not in the vid).

He's got a hard-to-blockable setup using Tremor's overhead projectile during Havik's DB4 combo ender which could be good but unfortunately the timing requires you to make a read on what the opponent will do when they wakeup.
For example if you do the rock toss timing for an armor break but the opponent delays their wakeup instead, the projectile will miss and all the opponent has to do is block your follow-up (or punish you if you whiffed a F4).
But if you time it right and guess the opponents next move correctly, it can lead to big damage.

Stryker is still Havik's best Kameo imo but if you wanna try Tremor, here you go:

If anyone's interested in trying out Tremor with Havik, I made a video guide for him.
His combo damage isn't that great, and since he's pretty expensive resource-wise I would probably only spend Kameo meter on corner combos, keeping unsafe moves plus on block and the setups shown in the video (Also Crystal armor but that's not in the vid).

He's got a hard-to-blockable setup using Tremor's overhead projectile during Havik's DB4 combo ender which could be good but unfortunately the timing requires you to make a read on what the opponent will do when they wakeup.
For example if you do the rock toss timing for an armor break but the opponent delays their wakeup instead, the projectile will miss and all the opponent has to do is block your follow-up (or punish you if you whiffed a F4).
But if you time it right and guess the opponents next move correctly, it can lead to big damage.

Stryker is still Havik's best Kameo imo but if you wanna try Tremor, here you go:
I'm away from my game and haven't had the chance to get on tremor yet. Good stuff like always.

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Made this combo guide for Kano/Havik in case Stryker ends up getting nerfed in the next patch.
Damage obviously isn't as great as Stryker or Scorpion but still not bad.

Included a setup used by high level Havik player MISTER-STRANGE- as well as an EX BF1 corner setup similar to the Scorpion/Jax Kameo ones being posted on Twitter recently by the likes of SonicFox etc.

The corner setup isn't guaranteed but there is a counter for almost every wakeup option the opponent has, delayed wakeup is probably the hardest to deal with but you can still make the setup work if you read them doing delayed wakeup.
Delayed wakeup will make it almost impossible to combo from the throw option tho.
I've tried messing with some sort of OS using F43 so you don't need to read whether they will delay or not, but it's tricky and even when it works the combo gravity is slightly different than the regular low option so your follow-up combo will need to be different too.
If you have full Kameo meter you can also repeat the corner setup back-to-back.

That same corner setup also works with Stryker btw, if you do 2BK2, EX BF1 on the end of Havik's regular corner combos. (1BK1, EX BF1 is easier to do since there's no B1 for Havik)

Here you go:

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Made this combo guide for Kano/Havik in case Stryker ends up getting nerfed in the next patch.
Damage obviously isn't as great as Stryker or Scorpion but still not bad.

Included a setup used by high level Havik player MISTER-STRANGE- as well as an EX BF1 corner setup similar to the Scorpion/Jax Kameo ones being posted on Twitter recently by the likes of SonicFox etc.

The corner setup isn't guaranteed but there is a counter for almost every wakeup option the opponent has, delayed wakeup is probably the hardest to deal with but you can still make the setup work if you read them doing delayed wakeup.
Delayed wakeup will make it almost impossible to combo from the throw option tho.
I've tried messing with some sort of OS using F43 so you don't need to read whether they will delay or not, but it's tricky and even when it works the combo gravity is slightly different than the regular low option so your follow-up combo will need to be different too.
If you have full Kameo meter you can also repeat the corner setup back-to-back.

That same corner setup also works with Stryker btw, if you do 2BK2, EX BF1 on the end of Havik's regular corner combos. (1BK1, EX BF1 is easier to do since there's no B1 for Havik)

Here you go:
I just spent the night running Kano and holy fuck he could be haviks best kameo. Almost every opponents wakeup is ours with the Kano ball, constant pressure into 21 +6 on block, or B2,BK,2 into full combo on hit or +frames on block. The knives also protect whiff punishes here and sometimes can be converted into full combo if you’re fast.
Every Kano ball blocked could be a free throw after you condition them. Eye laser is a great round ender full screen. Free plus frames every time we armor ala Stryker. The thing we lose is high low mixups and restands but the trade off could be worth it. Goddamn I’m impressed.

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Here's Stryker's version of the Kano corner setup I posted yesterday with a working option select so you can cover both a regular and delayed wakeup with the low version of the setup.

Works by inputting F4DB13 quickly after the EX BF1, on delayed wakeup the game will ignore the DB1 input and allow you to combo from F43 instead.

Unfortunately Havik's DB1 can still be punished by flawless blocks and parries in this setup tho.

This O/S also works for Kano, Jax, Scorpion as well as any others with a working EX BF1 setup.

Enjoy:

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Here's Stryker's version of the Kano corner setup I posted yesterday with a working option select so you can cover both a regular and delayed wakeup with the low version of the setup.

Works by inputting F4DB13 quickly after the EX BF1, on delayed wakeup the game will ignore the DB1 input and allow you to combo from F43 instead.

Unfortunately Havik's DB1 can still be punished by flawless blocks and parries in this setup tho.

This O/S also works for Kano, Jax, Scorpion as well as any others with a working EX BF1 setup.

Enjoy:
Can’t wait to try this shit tonight. Amazing as always dude

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN

Enjoy:
All of these can be tweaked to end with FB too for crazy 70%ish dmg. Jesus Christ

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Made a combo/setup guide for Havik/Jax if anyones interested in trying that team out.

Jax gives Havik good meterless damage, an armor break setup off of EX BF2 and an EX BF1 setup for both midscreen and corner. Also puts Havik's health up to 1200.

I still feel like Havik needs an ambush like Stryker/Kano to cover his gaps etc but if you want a Kameo similar to Scorpion but also with an armor break setup for tether then you might like Jax.

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Made a video for Havik/Sektor if anyone wants try out that team.

Combo damage is about the same as Stryker/Kano when you're only spending 1 Kameo meter, but when you start spending more resources on Sektor combos you'll start to notice a bit of a damage dropoff compared to other Kameos with Havik.

But even with the lower damage this team is a lot of fun, the meterless throw combos that you get with Sektor off of the 21 string makes opening people up slightly easier and you can end them in EX BF2 to set up the unblockable. Tele-punch is also nice for dealing with zoners using Sub Kameo and allows you to land BF2 from full screen.

Sektor is definitely not as simple and easy to use as Stryker/Kano, you have to get used to timing the missiles correctly during blockstrings to cover gaps and keep yourself safe etc. but still a cool Kameo pairing for Havik imo