What's new

Havik Kombos

I've been really liking the Stryker/Havik team but Stryker has a really annoying bug where if you call in his grenade ambush while armoring through a hit or just get hit right after calling him, Stryker will get hit out of his attack while he's off screen even though he's no where near in range for the attack to land against him.

When it happens it can cause an otherwise plus/safe attack to be punishable..

Hopefully NRS fixes this in the same patch they nerf Cyrax, but I'm not expecting much.. :coffee:
Yeah I noticed that. It's weird for sure. Hey what do you think of the double unblockable in one combo. It kinda got weird properties so idk how viable it is but I've been labbing it a bit. I figured out of all the people who rock havik you'd have practiced it sometime but I haven't seen it any of your videos.

Yeah I noticed that. It's weird for sure. Hey what do you think of the double unblockable in one combo. It kinda got weird properties so idk how viable it is but I've been labbing it a bit. I figured out of all the people who rock havik you'd have practiced it sometime but I haven't seen it any of your videos.
I think it might be negative its weird that you can do it twice if you time Stryker bombs or sektor missiles at the same time you do the neck snap and it doesn't go easy and. Then you can do it again back to back. I can make a video if you haven't done it yet or having a problem visualizing it

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
I think it might be negative its weird that you can do it twice if you time Stryker bombs or sektor missiles at the same time you do the neck snap and it doesn't go easy and. Then you can do it again back to back. I can make a video if you haven't done it yet or having a problem visualizing it
I'm not sure what you mean by double unblockable in one, ex bf2 costs 2 bars so even if you had 3 bars I'm not sure how you'd generate an extra bar mid-combo to do ex bf2 twice, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean?

I'm not sure what you mean by double unblockable in one, ex bf2 costs 2 bars so even if you had 3 bars I'm not sure how you'd generate an extra bar mid-combo to do ex bf2 twice, unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean?
Nah it's exactly what you just said. If you time either Strykers gernande or sektors rocket when you do neck snap the string stays on there face and you can neck snap agai maybe it's a glitch and its not hard. Let me make a video really quick

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Ok I see what you mean now. it does look cool but I just tested it and it seems very negative after the first neck snap.

If you land the double neck snap version of the grenade armor break setup against Johnny, he can actually punish the first neck snap with a meterless shadow kick, not sure how many other characters can also punish it.

Against people who can't punish it, it might be optimal for slightly more damage but I still think it's probably safer to stick with the regular setup tbh

Ok I see what you mean now. it does look cool but I just tested it and it seems very negative after the first neck snap.

If you land the double neck snap version of the grenade armor break setup against Johnny, he can actually punish the first neck snap with a meterless shadow kick, not sure how many other characters can also punish it.

Against people who can't punish it, it might be optimal for slightly more damage but I still think it's probably safer to stick with the regular setup tbh
Yeah I didn't get enough time to test it. Properly after the computer did it on me. But yeah imma test on it some more. It's gotta have its use somewhere

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Also been running Stryker. Really enjoy how you can delay the nades once you have them conditioned after DB1 and all the possibilities from there. Also nades on opponents wakeup.

The restand with cuffs is really my favourite thing about stryker though. Either 21 for plus frames, B22 mixup if you have the kameo meter, back throw before the 21 once you have them expecting to block. Throw after making them block 21. Staggering with 112, 22, F1 or F4.

Or if you need damage DB4 ender into nades on wakeup instead of the restand. Lots of options and can stay safe off most of his pressure unless they can punish our highs.

Anybody got new route for Havik/Cryax .. just picked him up yesterday and already can’t do the 45 percent set up anymore cause of cyrax nerf

Source for that change? (Or what is the change?) I didn't catch that one.
Idk if it's in the patch notes but you can now press your ambush kameo and directional buttons/face button at the same time without having to wait a millisecond like before so it won't eat the input. Hopefully I explained it. Lol I'm sure it's in the patch notes somewhere

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
.....I just realised Cyrax vertical spin still only costs 1 bar.

So double roll combos are still possible with Havik/Cyrax the damage was just nerfed from 47% to 41% on a 2 Kameo bar midscreen combo.

bmoee1

Noob
Anybody got new route for Havik/Cryax .. just picked him up yesterday and already can’t do the 45 percent set up anymore cause of cyrax nerf
I’m still getting 50-55% damage with the normal Tether setup. Yeah we need to get the neck snap, but it isn’t hard with this setup.

For midscreen, Maybe something easy like 11xxbf1, dash, f1, f12xexbf2b (short roll)… call cyrax up copter and do j24 when they are in the air.

It puts them so far that If they have no meter on wake up, you can get a free neck snap, but if they decide to wake up, just block and do a regular combo to avoid damage scaling. Easy 500hp gone and more if you do two regular combos.

If you land the neck snap midscreen, you should be sacrificing a little damage to include bf3/bf1 in some of your Enders. Damage scaling on ex tether is crazy!

The restand with cuffs is really my favourite thing about stryker though.
What are you doing the re-stand off of? I've labbed the synergy a bit but I feel its hard for me to find areas where the damage I sacrifice for doing a restand vs ender justifies the extra damage I might get if I win on the mix

What are you doing the re-stand off of? I've labbed the synergy a bit but I feel its hard for me to find areas where the damage I sacrifice for doing a restand vs ender justifies the extra damage I might get if I win on the mix
y I find when you don't have 2 bars for tether. It kinda makes up for it in pressure with chip damage and armor setups outside off of the cuffs. Your gonna get your chip regardless and maybe continuing pressure off of the fact that he might have already charged up some grenades so you can keep it safe on top of that leading into possibly more damage than actually completing the combo sometimes.

QUAN CHEEZY

Buff Havik
Here's some of the optimal combos for the handcuffs resets:

0 Bar 1 Kameo 24% Dmg = b22, bf1, f1, f12, dk

0 Bar 2 Kameo 34%/32% Dmg = b2k2, db1, f1, bf1, extended b2, dk

1 Bar 2 Kameo 39%/37% Dmg = b2k2, ex db1, b22, bf1, f1, f12, dk

(Damage for the last two depends on whether you hit them with both grenades or just 1)

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Standard starter into BF1, B22 xx cuffs. Most of the time you can at least get a throw plus some chip damage so 11%+ or stagger/mix them back into full combo. I find the mindgame of making them take the pressure is better than finishing a combo with BF2B or the ever droppable online DB4

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
Here's some of the optimal combos for the handcuffs resets:

0 Bar 1 Kameo 24% Dmg = b22, bf1, f1, f12, dk

0 Bar 2 Kameo 34%/32% Dmg = b2k2, db1, f1, bf1, extended b2, dk

1 Bar 2 Kameo 39%/37% Dmg = b2k2, ex db1, b22, bf1, f1, f12, dk

(Damage for the last two depends on whether you hit them with both grenades or just 1)
Are these nade combos viable online?

Fatality o

Cigretts PSN
It'll probably take a little bit of practice at first, but they're not that difficult once you get the timing down on stuff like the grenades and the extended b2 for the second combo. I use them online all the time
That last one as a punish into restand is pretty badass. Im gonna lab em. We pretty much get a free throw off the restand so were talking 50% punish