What's new

Have you ever withheld a pop-off?

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
I've never won anything or beaten any "top" player in tournament to know how I'd react but I probably wouldn't pop off if I beat someone. If I win a tournament though? Oh, it's gonna be the stuff of Legends.

A pop off seems like a narcissistic celebration. Like an end zone celebration in football or any other sport for that matter. I guess some people can't control their emotions so it just happens. For me, whenever I've been victorious in anything I've only ever said something if my opponent had talked trash beforehand. But if my opponent has been nothing but respectful then I show the same respect back.

In KI for example, no matter how salty I get in a match or what my demeanor is I never T-Bag, Taunt or Full Ultra unless my opponent has already done so.

You'll always have your Ocho Cinco's, those people in NRS games are like the @GGA 16 Bit or @AK Pig Of The Hut And then you'll have your Peyton Mannings like REO where his biggest pop off was the PL match Gross Gesture.

Personally I prefer they Peyton Manning players where their great skill in the game is what you remember about him, not his pop offs.

coolwhip

Noob
16 Bit not popping off after bodying Swift Tom Hanks always irked me. In hindsight I understand why but I still wish it happened...

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
I've never popped off, and never will.

No reason to pop off on someone you know you'll beat :DOGE
That's a good point actually. Popping off on someone worse than you is pretty stupid IMO. A big reason I never pop off is because I never feel like I can't beat someone. Although I would have popped the fuck off if I beat sonicfox and if I ever win a US major.

When I play Smash with top players in Toronto or I scum out a win in SF I pop off all the time lol

Iamthejewish

General Zod of Israel - *Kneel*
lol I have never been at any tournys, but I popped off when I played against RelaxedState online.
I remember, it was my first time playing against him in a set and I wanted to beat him so badly, and I beat him (with arrow) and I was screaming at my house like a [ban incoming].
And then, at the end, my Green Arrow got bodied.
--
Oh, and not speaking about the mirror match between me and RelaxedState. ZOD!
@Relaxedstate

I promised my self that when I'll finish my service at the military, I'm going to the US and play some tournys. But I bet that until then, Injustice will be dead...

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Hmm. I've never truly popped off. Not in the way I see a lot of ppl do. I do however have mannerisms based on my feelings. Otherwise I'm fairly in control and at most smirk. Now for my occasional mannerisms:

-if I'm annoyed or the opponent is really pissing me off or getting lucky and/or I notice the crowd and they are getting on my nerves, the final hit of (x) combo, juggle or punisher I kinda swing my hand over the pad in time with said hit in a semi-punching/"get the hell outta here with that" motion and my face kinda contorts in silent disgust/aggravation.

-as with the above sometimes I just roll my eyes and shake my head thinking and feeling "I don't think so asshole" (usually after narrowly winning)

-I only copy my opponents attempts to humiliate me when they do it first, after I win, essentially mocking them (taunts, t-bagging, some sort of real life gesture)

-snort in disgust

-frown and walk off without acknowledging them at all like a boss.

Other than that I'm pretty mellow and respectful/serious.

@Mr Aquaman I believe is the only one I know on here that's seen some or all of these when I compete in Tekken.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Hmm. I've never truly popped off. Not in the way I see a lot of ppl do. I do however have mannerisms based on my feelings. Otherwise I'm fairly in control and at most smirk. Now for my occasional mannerisms:

-if I'm annoyed or the opponent is really pissing me off or getting lucky and/or I notice the crowd and they are getting on my nerves, the final hit of (x) combo, juggle or punisher I kinda swing my hand over the pad in time with said hit in a semi-punching/"get the hell outta here with that" motion and my face kinda contorts in silent disgust/aggravation.

-as with the above sometimes I just roll my eyes and shake my head thinking and feeling "I don't think so asshole" (usually after narrowly winning)

-I only copy my opponents attempts to humiliate me when they do it first, after I win, essentially mocking them (taunts, t-bagging, some sort of real life gesture)

-snort in disgust

-frown and walk off without acknowledging them at all like a boss.

Other than that I'm pretty mellow and respectful/serious.

@Mr Aquaman I believe is the only one I know on here that's seen some or all of these when I compete in Tekken.
Its good tv when tekken is on the stage ;]

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Its good tv when tekken is on the stage ;]
Lol

Can't remember if it was you or sryimwhite that said you had no idea I could play like that at GMU lol. I remember I had a "mild" pop off on Blackula in that tournament (the gtfo gesture complete with throwing over killing electrics with Jin). Blackula just.....I dunno half the time he just irritates me playing him, especially the laugh. Thing is he doesn't seem to get emotionally involved in the games....he just....plays. Maybe that's why lol

He's a cool dude just in the games there's something about him.....
Also the reason I STILL hate GL so much.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
When i make it out of pools for the first time at a major........my pop off is gonna be in next year's history textbook.