What's new

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

Has NRS done a good job patching Mortal Kombat X so far?

• Total voters

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The only way for them to balance the game is for us (the NRS community) to show off not only how to deal with "broken tactics" but to also level up lesser played characters so everything is taken into perspective before buffs or nerfs are dished out.

This said, I am still unsure of of balance as I am still a skeptic of the over all meta thus far. I suppose that's why Tanya appeals to me so much. She doesn't play the same game which is fun.
Some could say she "breaks the rules of the game"

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Kung Lao players are still waiting to be able to Wake up Teleport , sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Slymind

Noob
Can't talk specifically about balance, but I think their patches have been quite reasonable so far, there will be most likely one balance patch for Predator and other for Tremor, hopefully more if they make a "season pass 2" with +4 characters.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
My only beef to people who bitch about patching and post "OMG i can't deal with this! NRS please patch!!!." Do you have any idea who much goes int o patching something? you at like NRS has nothing else to do besides look at tym and read out threads?

I think they've done a great job, nothing too big, or anything that has distorted any charterers . I think we all need to realize things like 50/50 and stuff aren't going anywhere. if you don't like it, there is a long list of other fighters you can play.

My only issue is that it sorta feels like there's one gameplan, and that's 50/50's. They've made more characters viable, but I feel like some of the more unique playstyles still don't work. Sub at least isn't the standard affair, but stuff like johnny's chip pressure or just standard zoning really isn't that effective, and i'm hoping that'll change.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
For the most part, yes. The only thing I disagree with is how they tackled Erron's command grab. I mean yeah he loses oki but as SonicFox has shown (and said), that's not a problem at all because he has other options. The issue I have with it and the issue I think they completely glossed over is the power it gains when combined with his amazing 211 string, giving him a rather absurd mix-up on block.
I would like to see the hit advantage restored to whatever it was previously and some type of change on when he can cancel.

That's just my opinion though. Perhaps more experienced players feel differently.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
For me, that's sad to hear, but thanks for the knowledge.
Don't listen to him. Almost anything the Unreal engine is capable of is patchable, the next patch could delete MKX and turn it into Bioshock Infinite exactly the same in every single way (well, it can't for legal reasons, but the technology is there). If you think they can't remove OS you are being crazy. It's lazy coding for them to be in the game in the first place, and the lazy coding will continue in the patches as it's an issue they've obviously deemed not worth the effort.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
What I love about these threads are the clueless fucks who post a million different things that include but aren't limited to

Buffs for their mains
Nerfs to characters when they are bad players and even worse judges of balance
System changes that there is a high chance to be unable to change with this engine
Character specific changes that would require an entire universal mechanic to change exclusively for them

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
The "simply get hit by this to avoid that" argument is usually a sign that something is overpowered. LOL.

f+1,1,2 xx WGC creates a 50/50 mix up scenario in which neither f+2 nor b+1 can be backdashed or armored through. Given D'Vorah's versatility, she is not in need of such a powerful option.

f+1,1 is an advancing mid attack that is 0 block, but unlike f+1,1,2 xx WGC, it does not lead to uninterruptible 50/50 mix ups, so apparently it must be mediocre

Again, another "simply get hit by this to avoid that" argument.

The 2,1,4 xx FBC pressure may still be advantageous on block. I have no problem with the advantage. But why does the advantage have to be so tremendous that you can neither backdash nor interrupt the next 2,1,4 xx FBC loop until the Scorpion player runs out of stamina meter, which, by the way, recharges automatically?

Was Liu Kang's EX bicycle kick not normalized severely based on the argument that f+1 could neither be backdashed nor interrupted afterwards? Yet Scorpion can do the same damn trap without wasting any super meter.

This difference is called a double standard and is the opposite of trying to create a balanced fighting game. I am very convinced that Hellfire Scorpion would remain a top tier character if you could at least backdash the next 2,1,4 xx FBC sequence.
I'm not saying he wouldn't be top tier. I also never advocated nerfs for lui Kang or any character for that matter. Also like I said if they nerf the fbc it's all good, I'll adjust the way I play. I just don't think fbc pressure is crazy as people think considering the other things characters have in the game.

My whole argument is just to wait a while before making changes. This way if they take from one character another isn't left with something else that's as good or better. I'm not going to fight like crazy to keep something everyone else thinks is bs especially if they're nerf ing other characters.

They gave unnecessary nerfs to a high mid tier Sub Zero to stop people whinging and have more planned now that this character is only mid tier, while they buffed a low mid tier Kenshi to top 5 to stop people whinging...

Then when they touch up Raiden he is changed so minimally that he still keeps his #1 position hands down, and Kitana is changed so poorly that she still keeps her very bottom position.

I think they are doing a pretty shitty job, but it's what I've come to expect from NRS

To be fair you just sound salty over the Sub-Zero nerfs. Claiming things like Raiden being #1. I mean, maybe but most likely not. I do agree with you on the Kitana thing but everything with time, yah know?

I GOT HANDS

My only beef to people who bitch about patching and post "OMG i can't deal with this! NRS please patch!!!." Do you have any idea who much goes int o patching something? you at like NRS has nothing else to do besides look at tym and read out threads?

I think they've done a great job, nothing too big, or anything that has distorted any charterers . I think we all need to realize things like 50/50 and stuff aren't going anywhere. if you don't like it, there is a long list of other fighters you can play.
I agree with this, people need to just play the game we are given, instead of this nonstop whinging for buffs. If you don't like your characters tools play one of the characters who have one instead of pretending you know game design, almost every single buff post is a perfect example of why NRS should not listen to buffs, rarely has anyone sat down and looked at the characters that need buffs with an unbiased eye, they merely list off a bunch of ways to make their personal character stronger because it benefits them. On top of that, balance is so close on this game in comparison to MKX9, so 95% of match ups, if you lost it's because you were outplayed, I love how people blame balance for everything like a better player wouldn't dominate them even with a low tier character.

But I'm just saying, if we are gonna patch the game, do it right. Don't give Kenshi 16 buffs because pig of the hut threw tantrums at events instead of levelling up, but Kitana who was below him even before the patch gets practically nothing because she has no big representation whining incessantly for her. Don't nerf Sub Zero significantly for no other reason than it being the hot topics or a while and people whinging because they are unable to adapt, but when it's time to patch Raiden change so little that he doesn't even lose his spot of "#1 by a good stretch" just because people weren't whinging loud enough by him. Stop perpetuating this mentality that people need to/can complain till the changes they want get implemented, we see it everywhere the majority of this sun is trying to capitalise on it, and regardless it's a terrible system for balancing, don't fucking appease the masses you spineless shits just balance the game properly off your own observations

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So, General M2Dave used to go by Michura (Dave Michura). He was a phenomenal Madden player until he moved onto SFIV. He became the #3 or #4 SFIV Seth on XBL. Then, Capcom nerfed Seth - so he moved on to MK9 and later Injustice.

Last edited:

I GOT HANDS

To be fair you just sound salty over the Sub-Zero nerfs. Claiming things like Raiden being #1. I mean, maybe but most likely not. I do agree with you on the Kitana thing but everything with time, yah know?
The question is literally "do we think they have done a good job of patching", what else am I meant to say? You just gonna respond with "nah your just salty" to my opinion, one which I supported with logic? Well how bout this, if you are one of the people who agreed that the buff was them doing a good job, aka prioritising nerfing a character who was undeniably, at best, much weaker than many other cast members, simply because he was being bitched about the most, then I think you are just salty that you couldn't learn to play around a balanced tool and should probably focus on levelling up. At the very least, if you think this is the right mentality for them to take when patching (he who cries loudest shall be rewarded) than you are the definition of everything in my posts, and the shittiest aspects of this community, a mentality that NRS keeps fostering with its actions and choices

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
What I love about these threads are the clueless fucks who post a million different things that include but aren't limited to

Buffs for their mains
System changes that there is a high chance to be unable to change with this engine
Character specific changes that would require an entire universal mechanic to change exclusively for them
I think it's perfectly fine to list opinions on character balance, nerfs or buffs, system changes, or anything really. Especially on a thread specifically talking about the balance patches that they've currently done. And how you feel about what they've done so far. What they could improve on and what they could do better.

It's an opinion piece, let people discuss what they like. And just give them the :DOGE face if they post something super dumb like making Scorpion's F4 15 frame start up instead of 25 lol

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think it's perfectly fine to list opinions on character balance, nerfs or buffs, system changes, or anything really. Especially on a thread specifically talking about the balance patches that they've currently done. And how you feel about what they've done so far. What they could improve on and what they could do better.

It's an opinion piece, let people discuss what they like. And just give them the :DOGE face if they post something super dumb like making Scorpion's F4 15 frame start up instead of 25 lol
It's cool to have an opinion.

It's also cool to have the opinion that other people's opinions are laughably uneducated and misinformed.

I GOT HANDS

Buffs for their mains
This so much, exactly how I feel. Except it's present in every thread.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
They gave unnecessary nerfs to a high mid tier Sub Zero to stop people whinging and have more planned now that this character is only mid tier, while they buffed a low mid tier Kenshi to top 5 to stop people whinging...

Then when they touch up Raiden he is changed so minimally that he still keeps his #1 position hands down, and Kitana is changed so poorly that she still keeps her very bottom position.

I think they are doing a pretty shitty job, but it's what I've come to expect from NRS
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/sub-zero-should-not-be-normalized.50770/

29 page thread where 90% of the posters said Sub should not get nerfed and blew up sonic fox for saying otherwise.

Now please, for the love of god, shut the fuck up about "whinging=sub zero nerfs". They nerfed Sub because they thought it was necessary, dont blame anyone but NRS.

The question is literally "do we think they have done a good job of patching", what else am I meant to say? You just gonna respond with "nah your just salty" to my opinion, one which I supported with logic? Well how bout this, if you are one of the people who agreed that the buff was them doing a good job, aka prioritising nerfing a character who was undeniably, at best, much weaker than many other cast members, simply because he was being bitched about the most, then I think you are just salty that you couldn't learn to play around a balanced tool and should probably focus on levelling up. At the very least, if you think this is the right mentality for them to take when patching (he who cries loudest shall be rewarded) than you are the definition of everything in my posts, and the shittiest aspects of this community, a mentality that NRS keeps fostering with its actions and choices
Nah, my point is your profanity ridden walls of text undermine your point and make you sound salty. Furthermore claiming with certainty that Raiden is #1 when he has been absent since the nerf further calls your point into question.

Not to mention the "holier than thou" rhetoric. Yes people ask for buffs/nerfs but not all are mindlessly/blindly asking; Some are warranted.

I GOT HANDS

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/sub-zero-should-not-be-normalized.50770/

29 page thread where 90% of the posters said Sub should not get nerfed and blew up sonic fox for saying otherwise.

Now please, for the love of god, shut the fuck up about "whinging=sub zero nerfs". They nerfed Sub because they thought it was necessary, dont blame anyone but NRS.
You think I haven't seen that thread? You are completely missing the point, 90% of people agreed it shouldn't go through, yet it did, making it a. A bad change according to 90% of people and b. Almost guaranteed to not have happened if there wasn't a 29 page thread in the first place, and people bitching about it in about a million others. If you can't see that yourself, then I don't envy your naivity. It doesn't matter what all sensible people agreed on, if it was non stop being bitched about, given the nature of practically every other change, you are just being contrary if you think that all this whinging that most definitely did happen, didn't have a major hand in I, even if the majority of people knew the changes were dumbt. People with SZ avatars were getting blown up just for talking in unrelated threads, don't understate how salty these bads were about the clone my man.

Nah, my point is your profanity ridden walls of text undermine your point and make you sound salty. Furthermore claiming with certainty that Raiden is #1 when he has been absent since the nerf further calls your point into question.

Not to mention the "holier than thou" rhetoric. Yes people ask for buffs/nerfs but not all are mindlessly/blindly asking; Some are warranted.
You literally quoted a 3 sentence post with a single profane word in it (final statement to conclude my point: "I think NRS is doing a pretty shitty job") and your reasoning is that it's "a profanity ridden wall of text"? That's your justification for your original statement? C'mon son, your done. You were clearly just one of the salty members who who disagreed with my statements about the SZ nerf, otherwise there was literally no reason to make your post, putting you in the 10% of people who couldn't level up. Just call it a day bro.