What's new

Harley Combo Thread

Try just going thru and buffering everything. Don't wait for animations. The nrs gaming mechanic allows you to buffer moves wayy before they even happen. Try doing b22 db31 in one fluid motion, no stopping.

What does JI mean? I know J means Jump but I? Does that mean In? anyways I'm having trouble going into tantrum after JI2__B2,2. It ends the combo after that. Just says 3 hits, I tried different timings for the inputs and nothing seems to work, also I have the same problem as other people who just constantly seem to be rolling out of tantrum rather then doing cartwheel, I think it may be from me mashing X (The cartwheel button). Before I land but I'm not sure.
Yeah JI means jump in. NJ would mean neutral jump (straight up and down, not forward or backward).

On the B2, 2, Tantrum, its kind of tricky to cancel into a special. You have to input the B2, 2, and immediately input DB3. Just try to do it as fast as you can and you will start to see how it works.

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Ok. Here's an update on what I have been using in matches. Ill update with dmg % s when I get home.

B22> db31> b3> j2>j2>12dbf1
B22> db31> b3> j2>f234 (trait set up)

b121df1 (advancing string)

B22> db31> f13> f13> 12dbf1 (corner)

j2> 2u3dbf1 (a2a)

B22> db31> b3> j2>f23bb(mb) (fancy transition combo)

D2> 2u3dbf1 (aa)

Any tantrum starters can be started with f2, slide, etc

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
on almost everything i do i usually just go for a higher damage combo and i never want my opponent grounded since wake up move invincibility is so strong in this game.

for instance my combos are almost always JI2, b22, db3~1, b3 JI2, JI2, 12 Playdoctor. great damage. builds almost 1 whole meter burn situation. and if you decide to meter burn it, it's around 52DMG. and best of all your opponent is not grounded

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
Going to be taking F2D3 into practice to find something...I'm thinking about off a bounce already.

The F2 is a good empty attack at a distance because it opens up the 2 for mid gunshot or the 3 for AA if they jump.

Hey guys,

Playing a bit of Harley, I can see her d1 xx TS being key for punishes etc, can anyone give me any tips on how to do this consistently as i'm struggling at the minute.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I dunno about anyone else, but doing the j2, j2, 12 xx Doctor is hell for me, so I just do j3, 11 xx Doctor. The timing is much more forgiving and you're only sacrificing 1-2% damage.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I dunno about anyone else, but doing the j2, j2, 12 xx Doctor is hell for me, so I just do j3, 11 xx Doctor. The timing is much more forgiving and you're only sacrificing 1-2% damage.
That gave eme hell too, you have to put th input in really quick to get it. Right when you hit 1 start inputing the motion for play doctor, so your gonna go 1+DBF 2, 1. It take a bit of practice and much more so on the opposite side of the screen. The good side of this is that if you whiff the final attack you will 95% of the time just do a line of lire move and you can dash back before a retaliation is on its way.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Meterless:

J2 ' B2-2 xx DB3-1 ' B3 ' J2 ' B1-2-1 (39%)

J2 ' B2-2 xx DB3-1 ' B3 ' J2 ' F2-3 (39%)

J2 ' B2-2 xx DB3-1 ' B3 ' J2 ' F2 xx DBF1 (40%)

J2 ' 123 ' 2-U3 ' B1-2-1 (28%)

Super:

J2 ' B2-2 xx DB3-1 ' B3 ' J2 ' F2 xx Super ' J3 ' DB1 (55%)

Fear_Me

Noob
The key to hit j2,j2 12 play doctor is the timing on the b3 wallbounce after TS1, you have to hit them pretty early.
When you hit them too late, they're flying low against the wall, this changes the arc the opponent is combing back to you, so you won't have the range and time to hit j2,j2 12 play doctor.
I was using j3 too, but once you get the timing on TS1 into b3 down, you will hit the j2,j2 100% a time.

Hope this helps

xWildx

I know, I can do the BnB, I was just stating how much easier the other version was for comparable damage. I'd rather take 2% less damage for a combo I know I can land than 2% more for one that's more complicated for no real reason.

Eshi

Noob
It's certainly harder to connect the combo online. I personally have no trouble executing it offline though.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
May not seem like it but in tournaments not getting the 2% on every combo can cost you a match.

xWildx

May not seem like it but in tournaments not getting the 2% on every combo can cost you a match.
So can dropping a combo you're not comfortable with. 16bit said it best when he mentioned that in tournaments the most important thing is consistency. I don't see what the big deal is, I just provided another option for people. Whether you choose to use it or not is entirely up to you.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
So can dropping a combo you're not comfortable with. 16bit said it best when he mentioned that in tournaments the most important thing is consistency. I don't see what the big deal is, I just provided another option for people. Whether you choose to use it or not is entirely up to you.
I approve of this message.
Guaranteed damage > than iffy 2% any day of the week.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Combos aren't hard to learn its all about muscel memory and reppitition to get them down, but what is hard to do is to effectively incorporate it into your playing style, which takes more work than what many would imagine. I live by a statement made to me by an uncle in my family back when I use to write music and play in a metal band and what he said was this "Keep it simple and don't ever try to go outside your ability when your on stage, that is for the practice room." which is true, when your in a tourny where the match counts stay within what you know, perfect your abilities and gain new abilities outside in the casuel realm.

I agree with this 100%. I'd rather do simple BNB with trickery and easy resets than get flashy. I always take my easiest, highest damaging combo and thats my main. Advanced combos will always be advanced, sure practice makes perfect, but no one is perfect ;)

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
I would love to perform these combos, but I don't understand any of the writing.

Could someone explain to me what inputs like these mean: I.e. j2, B3, etc. ?