What's new

Harley Combo Thread

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
new here got a couple ? b22 into tantrum is hard for me and she cancels out of tantrum alot any clue?
I had this issue. What you need to do is let go of back. You might be inadvertently holding back when you do b2,2 and it makes tantrum not work. And like buddy above said, be more deliberate with your inputs.

Saint Connor

Team F.Y.F.
I had this issue. What you need to do is let go of back. You might be inadvertently holding back when you do b2,2 and it makes tantrum not work. And like buddy above said, be more deliberate with your inputs.
I do this and I have no issues with getting TS out of b2,2...

It doesn't "make" anything not work. This is just a matter of working on inputing moves in correct motions and not flailing things about hoping for results.

D

Deleted member 9158

new here got a couple ? b22 into tantrum is hard for me and she cancels out of tantrum alot any clue?
I had this issue, you have to be really careful that you're only inputting the DB3, and not DB3B, which will cancel tantrum stance. Just go into practice mode and watch your inputs on the side.

Killphil

I do this and I have no issues with getting TS out of b2,2...

It doesn't "make" anything not work. This is just a matter of working on inputing moves in correct motions and not flailing things about hoping for results.
Are you using something that isn't a pad?

Killphil

I use a stick but can use a pad as well (tried both to see how the game felt since I play Tekken on a pad) and had no issues either way.
Alright, I guess it was worded poorly then. Its a timing issue for me(letting go of back and pressing db). I just keep my thumb off the dpad when doing it now, so I thought I'd suggest it.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
buffer it during the string

so for example, if you were trying to end a combo with 12 xx play doctor, you can input it like:
1,d+2,b,f+1
Thats sounds so much more practical, Ive been having issues perfecting the play doctor input when ending a combo.

Here is the issue I have been having when using her super, hopefully someone can shed some light on it. After perfoming the super there is slight delay before I gain control of her again, how long is this delay and how can one go about taking advantage of the situation.

Finnally for those in here that may be reading this and are new to it all, when trying to learn these long (often complex) combos just take it a string ata a time. Perefct the first part then slowly add one more input until you perfected it completely. Also try to learn each piece seperately, because there are times in a fight you will end up in the situation to be able to perform even the last part of a combo you have perfected. That simply for the lurking noobs that may be reading this thread.

Xaltis

Noob
A new 79% combo with Harley Quinn that I created. 26% first half + 53% next half, this is all 1 combo but the bomb with Harley's character power ends the combo for the game. This combo is extremely luck dependent to do all the way, because half way you have to use her character power and hope for the bomb. It's very risky to use in a real match but it's a really nice combo if you can manage to get lucky and pull it off.

Xaltis

While recording, how many times did it take you to get TNT? lol

I love almost everything about Harley, but sadly, I think her trait is terribad. Any time it's safe to do it, the circumstances are counter productive.
If you get the damage boost, you're too far away and by the time you get in it's too late for any significant bonus.
If you get the health regen (which only increases health by like 6%), you're more than likely negative frames, and therefore being forced to block and take chip from zoning.
Lastly, the reach of TNT is so short, you'll never be able to pull it off safely, or if you are safe, you won't be able to land a combo in the space between you and your opponent.

Look at Quan Chi from MK, no one ever performs his Skeletal Boost lol It's recovery frames are also supes bad and the buff is also random.

That on top of the complete random factor, I'd say makes it one of the worst traits in the game. I'd personally like the ability to choose which item you get, or have the recovery frames reduced. Compare Bag of Tricks to say, Doomsday's or Superman's traits, and we see Harley got boned ):

I still love her though <3

Xaltis

Noob
Oh god it took me SO MANY TIMES to try it to get the bomb out lol. It's REALLY luck based. And yes this can do more damage if you can pull out the joker picture power up. But that's getting what you want in a 1/3 chance 2 times in 1 combo. Almost impossible imo. I've actually pulled this combo off on someone online twice now. Yes I just got lucky online so far with TNTs.

I really hope you like the video, if you did like and leave a nice comment. Thank you~ :)

Done and done, with mininal trolling. The worst thing is when you're in practice mode, looking for that Joker Picture to see what your sweet BnB will be with bonus damage, only to get TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT TNT. I can only only listen to Harley yell "YIKES!" so many times before I think Injustice is turning into Crash Bandicoot.

Ramon

Heavenly Harley
Nice reset

You could of done a better combo into Super tho.
after the b3 you could of gotten j2, j2, 11, play doctor (or super) for a meterless option or a harder hit.

Xaltis

Noob
I was making the combo up on the spot, and after so many attempts at getting the TNT during the recording I didn't wanna think of anything else to add cause tired lol.

For those of us who don't want to start with b22 or use the b3 connect (can be a little infuriating online), here's some alternatives.
(These are all mid screen)
2u3 f23 bf2mb 25%
2u3 j2 112 21 %
2u3 j2 b22 dbf1 25%

123 j2 112 25%
123 j2 12 dbf1 26%

123 d2 f12 19% ( you can as d2 f12 for 12%)
If you're good about timing:
123 d2 f1 db3 3 21%
123 d2 f1 dbf1 20%
123 b22 df1 19%

B121 db23 24%
B22 db3 1 f1 db3 3 29%
B22 db3 1 f1 dbf1 28%

My new bnb without bounce (klunker kombo)
B22 db3 1 j2 2u3 dbf1 31%
B22 db3 1 j2 b121 dbf1 37%
B22 db3 1 j2 b121 df1 mb 36%
B22 db3 1 j2 b121 db3 34%

33 db3 1 f13 17%
33 db3 1 f1 dbf1 20%
33 db3 1 f1 db3 3 21%

F23 bf3 d2 f1 db3 21%
F23 bf3 d2 f13 19%

I know some may be day 1, but its good to have alternatives.

Jermball

Noob
A new 79% combo with Harley Quinn that I created. 26% first half + 53% next half, this is all 1 combo but the bomb with Harley's character power ends the combo for the game. This combo is extremely luck dependent to do all the way, because half way you have to use her character power and hope for the bomb. It's very risky to use in a real match but it's a really nice combo if you can manage to get lucky and pull it off.
Can they not tech roll the wall bounce or wake up with a reversal that's inv. ?

Cause i wanna figure a way into trait. But only way I know is from super

Xaltis

Noob
Can they not tech roll the wall bounce or wake up with a reversal that's inv. ?

Cause i wanna figure a way into trait. But only way I know is from super
Hm...bomb out of super... I didn't even think of that. Gonna try some new stuff now. >:3

Jermball

Noob
Hm...bomb out of super... I didn't even think of that. Gonna try some new stuff now. >:3
Haha...I've been messing around and it seems viable to use trait...also it usually brings your opponent to the corner so if you dynamite setup
They either choose to eat it or wake up reversal. I haven't deeply tested it. But I did against killerfrost and she can escape with slide so I'm assuming green arrow grundy anyone with armor idk I need to test more against how this works against wake ups

k1nG_Qu1nN

The King
Here is my official BnBs I'll be using (until somebody comes up with something significantly better).

These are all high damage, meterless, and very easy (once you get the hang of play doctor).

Mid Screen BnB:
JI2__B2,2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__B3__JI2__JI2__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner BnB:
JI2__B2,2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner Reversal BnB
1,2,3__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Corner Overhead:
F2__F1,3__F1,3__1__1,2,Play Doctor

Mid-Screen Overhead
F2,Tantrum,Cartwheel__B3__JI2__JI2__1,2,Play Doctor
What does JI mean? I know J means Jump but I? Does that mean In? anyways I'm having trouble going into tantrum after JI2__B2,2. It ends the combo after that. Just says 3 hits, I tried different timings for the inputs and nothing seems to work, also I have the same problem as other people who just constantly seem to be rolling out of tantrum rather then doing cartwheel, I think it may be from me mashing X (The cartwheel button). Before I land but I'm not sure.