What's new

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Why didn't you all predownload?
Will definitely do that from now on. But my sister had already pre-ordered it for me for my B-Day from my local GameStop, so couldn't predownload it.

For Halo 2 Classic, I can confirm that super bouncing is not possible. I don't know if they intentionally took them out or it was accidental, really disappointing honestly, was looking forward to bouncing and teaching people how to bounce and showing off.

The button glitches still work, but seem a lot more strict and somewhat inconsistent. The double shot for instance is very strange and inconsistent. I tested all glitches just last week on the original Halo 2. On the original, I was successfully double shotting 9/10 times. On the MCC H2C, I'm getting the double shot like 4/10 times. BxR, BxB, BxZ all seem fine, but haven't gotten to test them on an opponent yet.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Will definitely do that from now on. But my sister had already pre-ordered it for me for my B-Day from my local GameStop, so couldn't predownload it.

For Halo 2 Classic, I can confirm that super bouncing is not possible. I don't know if they intentionally took them out or it was accidental, really disappointing honestly, was looking forward to bouncing and teaching people how to bounce and showing off.

The button glitches still work, but seem a lot more strict and somewhat inconsistent. The double shot for instance is very strange and inconsistent. I tested all glitches just last week on the original Halo 2. On the original, I was successfully double shotting 9/10 times. On the MCC H2C, I'm getting the double shot like 4/10 times. BxR, BxB, BxZ all seem fine, but haven't gotten to test them on an opponent yet.
Double shotting feels fine for me(I didn't test extensively or using it in an actual match but it felt like it functioned exactly like it used too). Controlwise everything seems to work like it should. Super bouncing probably had to do with some weird glitch in the geometry that was didn't replicate itself when they ported it, I'm guessing it was accidental. I'm curious if they fixed the thing where physics is different for the host. I forgot to try the reload glitch, I think host affected that too.

Everything in the original Halo seems intact. All the glitches like backpack reload and double melee are there and all the little competitive things like nade points and weapon/power up spawn times seem intact. Although they added the flamethrower to some maps, which is weird. And I don't like any of the control schemes. Why can't I reload with X?

I haven't messed around with Halo 3 yet. I'm really hoping that ghost jumping is still there. Any idea if it has any of the MLG forge maps(like Amp) included?

E

Eldriken

I bought the physical disc and need to do long software update? Bullshit
It was all the shit they couldn't fit onto the disc. It's a 15GB update that's mainly for multiplayer, which you can't even play right now. What a load of shit, huh?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
As much as a distaste I have in my heart for Xbox I have to admit that it makes me happy on the inside to see people so passionate about the games they love. I love to see old games come back with new features. Enjoy it man.

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
I will be getting an xbone in December and MCC and your right @Juggs H2 was THE online game back in the day and I like you have amazing memories. GT Bettyswallaux