What's new

Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

I'm extremely hype for this coming out on November 11th, exclusively for the XBOX ONE. I'm more hype about this than Destiny, and even more hype for this than MKX. Crazy I know, but Halo 2 in particular means a lot to me. It was my very first online game and the experience I had with it is unmatched. I've been wanting ever since H3 a re-release of Halo 2 with updated and HD graphics, with online capability. And not only am I getting that, but I'm getting Halo's 1-4 with ALL the DLC!! I mean, all of this for $60 is pretty unbelievable if you ask me. And you can play in classic H2, or "new H2" (or whatever they're going to call it) for multiplayer. I believe the "new H2" has new gameplay elements, while the classic is 100% true to the original. I'm eager to try out both, omfg I'm getting way too hype about this!

I'll try out all the Halo's on this, but will be playing Halo 2 most of the time and Halo 1 every now and then. Also, with dedicated servers, the online experience will be much better than it was 9 years ago. Am I the only one hype as hell for this? Where's my Halo fans at!?

Something this guy says in the video is 100% true. A lot of newer gamers won't understand why people are so hype or are wanting this so badly. They see Halo 2 and go "meh, looks pretty much like the other Halo's", and just go about their merry way. Which is understandable, it does LOOK like the other Halo's. But the gameplay is completely different, and there's so much more skill involved than a lot of shooters today. Not only this, but the nostalgia is too strong. Imagine everyone who is on XBL right now. Now imagine that 95% of them are playing the same game as you. Which means, pretty much the entire XBL community is playing the same thing, which is exactly how it was back when Halo 2 was at its prime. There weren't thousands of other games to play online, there were a select few and a lot of them were terrible. I can go on and on but it won't ever convince you until you play it. And even then, unless you experienced Halo 2 in its hayday, I doubt you'd ever understand how I and others feel about Halo 2.

List of Gamer Tags from TYM who have an XBONE and will have MCC:

- GT: o Juggernaut 0 = @Juggs (letter o, then the number zero)
- GT: C88 Syknis = @Syknis
- GT: The PantyChrist = @The PantyChrist
- GT: xKiLLiN Natzees = @G4S Killin Natzees
- GT: Mikemetroid = @Mikemetroid
- GT: BNA Dislexsik = @BNA Dislexsik
- GT: coolmcgee = @AK coolcmcgee
- GT: Mr Got Merked = @Mr Got Merked
- GT: Zyphox = @Zyphox
- GT: Feed The Croc = @Eternal Darkseid
- GT: A F0Xy Grampa = @A F0xy Grampa
- GT: Eric z19 = @Eric Z19
- GT: ZigZagGamer = @ZigZag
- GT: L1FTER = @L1FTER

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
:D
I'm calling my xbone the "Bungie Box" because the only thing that's going to be played on it is Halo Mcc and Destiny

F4tal

Noob

I'm extremely hype for this coming out on November 11th, exclusively for the XBOX ONE. I'm more hype about this than Destiny, and even more hype for this than MKX. Crazy I know, but Halo 2 in particular means a lot to me. It was my very first online game and the experience I had with it is unmatched. I've been wanting ever since H3 a re-release of Halo 2 with updated and HD graphics, with online capability. And not only am I getting that, but I'm getting Halo's 1-4 with ALL the DLC!! I mean, all of this for $60 is pretty unbelievable if you ask me. And you can play in classic H2, or "new H2" (or whatever they're going to call it) for multiplayer. I believe the "new H2" has new gameplay elements, while the classic is 100% true to the original. I'm eager to try out both, omfg I'm getting way too hype about this!

I'll try out all the Halo's on this, but will be playing Halo 2 most of the time and Halo 1 every now and then. Also, with dedicated servers, the online experience will be much better than it was 9 years ago. Am I the only one hype as hell for this? Where's my Halo fans at!?

Something this guy says in the video is 100% true. A lot of newer gamers won't understand why people are so hype or are wanting this so badly. They see Halo 2 and go "meh, looks pretty much like the other Halo's", and just go about their merry way. Which is understandable, it does LOOK like the other Halo's. But the gameplay is completely different, and there's so much more skill involved than a lot of shooters today. Not only this, but the nostalgia is too strong. Imagine everyone who is on XBL right now. Now imagine that 95% of them are playing the same game as you. Which means, pretty much the entire XBL community is playing the same thing, which is exactly how it was back when Halo 2 was at its prime. There weren't thousands of other games to play online, there were a select few and a lot of them were terrible. I can go on and on but it won't ever convince you until you play it. And even then, unless you experienced Halo 2 in its hayday, I doubt you'd ever understand how I and others feel about Halo 2.
Halo 2 was also the very first online shooter game that I ever touched and the experience of it on the original Xbox is unmatched by any shooter today. Can't wait for this!

187x

Noob
mlg halo2 and h3 was beyond hype back in the day. Memories

This might make me get a xbone.. I can't help myself.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Cant wait to play halo 1 online.
I did play it online on xbconnect but now its implemented in the game.
I heard you can still do those nade tricks aswell.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
The word hype doesn't explain how I feel about this. The nostalgia from watching MLG H3 is just too real right now.

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Any one else play halo competitively like I did on this forum? Went to two mlg events for H3 back in 09 and trying real hard to do it again if MLG picks it up again.
Yo I remember my group of friends were matched up against instinct in HR (Roy lunchbox ogre 2 and igoturpistola)

We lost 50-10 :(

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Any one else play halo competitively like I did on this forum? Went to two mlg events for H3 back in 09 and trying real hard to do it again if MLG picks it up again.
I didnt play it in tournaments (only some locals because i live in belgium, but i did play some matches against ogre 1 and i was considered one of the top halo 1 players from europe.
I still remember most of the nade tricks and jumps, and played h1 for years.