What's new

GVN Winter Brawl(WB) in Philly Feb 26th & 27th 2011,UMK3,MK2,MKDC

Dark_Rob

Noob
*Originally posted by Big Eric on SRK*here:http://shoryuken.com/f7/gvn-winter-brawl-wb-philly-feb-26th-27th-2011-evo-2k11-season-mvc3-ssf4-258339/
Winter Brawl(WB) in Philly Feb 26th & 27th 2011, Mvc3-Ssf4-$500 each pot bonus.

EVO 2011 Tournament Season Qualifer, more info later.

We will have a Special Super AE tournament at University Family Fun Center-AKA-(UP) feb 25th
The AE tournament will be capped so hurry up and sign up.

IM still working on the thread.

GVN Winter Brawl 5 February 25th 26th & 27th 2011, RIGHT HERE in Philadelphia pa, Over $1000.00 in extra prizes

Sheraton Hotel
4101A Island Avenue,
Philadelphia, PA‎ 19153
(215) 492-0400‎

1-215-220-4614

*Located 2 miles from the Philadelphia International Airport.
Big Eric has secured a group discount rate for Winter Brawl attendees. Here is the link
http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1101248369&key=A2474

Venue Online Registration
http://www.necphilly.com/archives/gv...-registration/

Super Street Fighter 4 and MvC3 registration.
http://www.necphilly.com/archives/gv...-registration/

Hubbs and I will be splitting duties. He will run the 3D duties and I will run the 2D game duties.

Information:

(There will be a $20.00 online venue fee, $30 at the door)

Door registration starts at 9am, both days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Games:

Soul Calibur 4(PS3)

Street Fighter 4(PS3)

BlazBlu--(Ps3)

Gulty Gear XX AC--(ps2)

Tekken 6br--(ps3)

3rd Strike--(ps2)

MvC3--ps3

MBAC--(Ps2)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIde Games:

ST

CVS2

AH3
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry Fee's:

SSF4 - $10

3S - $10

BB-$10

T6-$10

MB-$10

MVC3-$10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2/26/2011

Start times for teams:--TBD

Team Tournament games:

SF4-- 3v3

BB-- 2v2

MB--???

SC4-- 3v3

T6-- 3v3

3S-- 3v3

2/26/11

SF4-entry fee $10.00-start time: 5pm--$500.00

T6-entry fee $10.00-start time TBD-- $100.00

BB-entry fee- $10.00-start time-TBD--$100.00

MB-entry fee- $10.00-start time-TBD--$100.00

SC4-entry fee- $10.00-start time-TBD

GGXXAC-entry fee- $5.00-start time-?

MVC3-entry fee-$10.00-start time TBD--- $500.00

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday 2/27/2011

A3-entry fee-$5.00-start time-tbd

A2--entry fee-$5.00 start time-tbd

KI-entry fee - $5.00 start time-tbd

Mk2-entry fee-$5.00 start time 3:30pm

UMK3-entry fee $5.00 start time-5pm

CVS2-entry fee $5.00 start time-tbd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More info to come later.

UMK3:

1. Marvirrasta
2. Crazy Dominican
3. REO
4. Shock
5. 9.95
6. Summoning
7. AC1984
8. DC Hustle
9. STORMS
10. Sweet Johnny Cage
11. Dave2J
12. Julian
13. iloveu LI Joe
14. Dark Rob
15. Kazi
16. Tom Brady
17. Comeback Kyle
18. Hubbs
19. BlueIX
20. Check
21. Snake
22. Professor_Rouse
23. r0kzztar
24. Dookiebrain
25. DCIguy

Mortal Kombat 2
1. btbb99
2. Dookiebrain
3. DCIguy
4. Shock
5. Summoning
6. 9.95
7. DanCock
8. Dark_Rob

Dark_Rob

Noob
btbb99 said:
nice! Is mk2 tournament really going to be on sunday this time? the past 2 have been on saturdays
No thats just Big Eric writing it down to have MK2 listed. He doesnt run the MK tourney's though, we do. MK2 will again be on Saturday. However, as I said in another post in the Hatemail/sore losers thread, Im well aware that MK2 got somewhat shafted in regards to casuals before the actual tournament at NEC and I apologize for that. NEC was the biggest MK tournament we have run to date and as result the first day was something of a cluster fuck. This time at Winter Brawl I will make it my personal mission that the very first thing we do Saturday morning is to see to it that MK2 is setup and ready to go for you guys so you can get plenty of casuals in before the tourney.
MK2 is important to us to, and we thank all of you who came out to NEC as well as those coming back for it again at Winter Brawl. This time we will not disappoint you I promise.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We will have a guaranteed setup on Saturday for casuals for UMK3, MKII, and a 3D MK station all day, and I would like to get the MKII tournament started around 5 or 6PM, so players get there early, like 11 or 12 Saturday and get things moving. Likely we'll have two tables and that should be enough for all of that, MKII will be run on PS3 of course and if you guys are supplying a TV let me know. We will have an extra one in case not. If 3D MK gets a ton of players we can try to squeeze in another station but likely we'll need a spot for the laptop that will be running brackets, and also we have to keep in mind KI if we run it. Of course the Megacab will be there again courtesy of STORMS. This is a LOT of space to ask from Eric so I would like to keep things to two tables in a corner, as it's easier to keep track of stuff that way.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Shock I still have Summonings CRT from ECT2. If we are going to be running MK2 on PS3 I could bring that TV for that.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Newsflash from me. I just got word I am a finalist for a possible promotion at work. Why am I telling you this? It would require me to move to Scottsdale, AZ. Obviously that puts my entry into WB in jeopardy. I'll know for sure by Friday afternoon.

EDIT: OK apparently I still don't know. Make that Monday.
EDIT2: My employer is taking their sweet ass time and I still don't know. Check back Tuesday.

btbb99 said:
dookie said he is bringing a projector, we can use that for mk2
better fucking believe it. i will have everything tested regarding the projector and sound. and just to be certain i will have my computer as backup in case something doesn't work on some other machine being used.

the other games may have tons of players while mk2 gets no love, but when we own a whole fucking wall with jacked up sound....nuff said.

btbb99

Noob
dookiebrain said:
better fucking believe it. i will have everything tested regarding the projector and sound. and just to be certain i will have my computer as backup in case something doesn't work on some other machine being used.

the other games may have tons of players while mk2 gets no love, but when we own a whole fucking wall with jacked up sound....nuff said.
thats what i'm talking about dook, yo you wanna play some games tonight on kailerra?

btbb99 said:
thats what i'm talking about dook, yo you wanna play some games tonight on kailerra?
i think im playing tonight, too cold to go out and i wanna get on for a bit. yeah man im gonna be testing the projector next week so i can start to brag about the damn thing and how it works perfectly, for getting amped purposes.

*please sign me up for umk3, i want in!!!!!

Dark_Rob

Noob
dookiebrain said:
i think im playing tonight, too cold to go out and i wanna get on for a bit. yeah man im gonna be testing the projector next week so i can start to brag about the damn thing and how it works perfectly, for getting amped purposes.

*please sign me up for umk3, i want in!!!!!

I added you for UMK3 Dookie. Also I added an MK2 sign up list as well to the first post. I threw in all the people Im sure will play. There may be a few on our affiliated sites Im forgetting. Anyone else wanting to join MK2 or UMK3 post up in this thread and I(or any other mod) will add you to the list.

Also Dookie and btbb, I know you guys are handling the projector for MK2. We are bringing a TV as well for back up if its needed. Please let me know if there is anything else you will need(cables,wires,controllers etc etc.) and we will do our best to make sure its there.

btbb99

Noob
@dark rob, yeah bring controllers it sure wont hurt, im going to bring mine and hopefully everyone will do the same, but bringing extras just in case will be good, this is going to be a hell of a time i no it, better then ever!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Finally got word on my status today from work. Unfortunately I did not get the position; however this means I am 100% committed to Winter Brawl. I just called and booked my hotel room. See you guys there!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Dark_Rob said:
Big Eric, who runs Winter Brawl has secured a discount group rate on hotel rooms for all Winter Brawl attendees staying at the Sheraton where the event is being held.
Here is the link to the Hotel event page for Winter Brawl. You can book your rooms from this page to get the discount.
http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1101248369&key=A2474
If you have a AAA membership, I highly advise booking over the phone and mentioning it. I did this and the discount I got was even greater than the group rate listed here.

Dark_Rob

Noob
DCIguy said:
If you have a AAA membership, I highly advise booking over the phone and mentioning it. I did this and the discount I got was even greater than the group rate listed here.
Really? wow. Im curious, the group discount brings the price to $95 a night. What is it with the AAA membership?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Dark_Rob said:
Really? wow. Im curious, the group discount brings the price to $95 a night. What is it with the AAA membership?
My rate was quoted at $89 a night.

Dark_Rob said:
I added you for UMK3 Dookie. Also I added an MK2 sign up list as well to the first post. I threw in all the people Im sure will play. There may be a few on our affiliated sites Im forgetting. Anyone else wanting to join MK2 or UMK3 post up in this thread and I(or any other mod) will add you to the list.

Also Dookie and btbb, I know you guys are handling the projector for MK2. We are bringing a TV as well for back up if its needed. Please let me know if there is anything else you will need(cables,wires,controllers etc etc.) and we will do our best to make sure its there.
thanks man.

im gonna reserve a room next week so i can spend friday night down in philly. if its sat and sunday then ill stay 2 nights. i wanna throw a mk party in the room,lol, seriously.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'm in for UMK3 as well. I'll be there all day Saturday and all day Sunday.

btbb99

Noob
last night "ectonaut" aka "kaz" told me that he is seriously thinking about going to winterbrawl, if he could go that would be EXCELLENT news for us mk2 players, not only would that be another player going but another great and well respected player such as kaz going would be fabolous, he said if his school schedule is clear he's going. cross your fingers fellas, this would be great news!

im ready mofos!!! im booking rooms tonight and i got the PROJECTOR, works like a charm!!!

this shit is gonna be killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!