What's new

Guide - Mortal Kombat X Edition (iOS and Android) WITH FRAME DATA AND MOVE PUNISHER TOOL!

purbeast

Noob
Is the Frame data the same from what's in-game or is it the correct ones?
It's currently what is in game. There were clearly wrong things when I was doing it and I noticed it, but I entered it anyways to be consistent with the game. I plan to update it when patches come out where they note updates to the frame data.

I see that mkxframedata website seems to be up so hopefully with some collaboration the correct data will all be available at some point in one place.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
It's currently what is in game. There were clearly wrong things when I was doing it and I noticed it, but I entered it anyways to be consistent with the game. I plan to update it when patches come out where they note updates to the frame data.

I see that mkxframedata website seems to be up so hopefully with some collaboration the correct data will all be available at some point in one place.
@Temjiin

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
This is what I've wanted for so long.

Haven't even downloaded/read the OP but I hoping it's what I think it is.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com

Happy for you to use our findings and notes, there's too much bad/incorrect information out there already.

If you use us as a source please credit us in the app somewhere, we've all put a shitload of time into getting the information and ensuring it's legit.

Good luck, hope the app's a success!

Last edited:

purbeast

Noob
Happy for you to use our findings and notes, there's too much bad/incorrect information out there already.

If you use us as a source please credit us in the app somewhere, we've all put a shitload of time into getting the information and ensuring it's legit.

Good luck, hope the app's a success!
Sure thing man. If I do end up using it at some point I will definitely give credit where it is due.

As someone who's only had to gather all of the info from what is in the game and know how tedious it is, I can only imagine how tedious it would be to get the actual correct data.

purbeast

Noob
Purchased it but no frame data yet
Yeah as I mentioned, it's been submitted but takes a while on iOS for the review process to go through. Usually it's about a week, but it will be there, don't worry.

This evening I've been working a bit on adding it to the Android version. I'm expecting that it will be ready on Android tomorrow, and the Android stuff doesn't have a review process so it will be out there within a few hours of me publishing it.

purbeast

Noob
Welp Android people can get excited now, because I just pushed the update to the google play store for Android!

It may take a few hours to propogate and become available, but it should be there shortly.

If you DL it and enjoy it please give a good rating!

And keep the feedback coming!!

purbeast

Noob
Whenever you decide to update the framedata you should also put in hidden brutalities
Yeah that is a good idea. Is there a single list of all these available? It would be very simple to add them as long as I knew what they were.

I haven't been able to put as much time into the actual as I wish I could have since my first son was born 2 weeks before MKX came out, so I really haven't had much time to actually play and enjoy the game lol.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yeah that is a good idea. Is there a single list of all these available? It would be very simple to add them as long as I knew what they were.

I haven't been able to put as much time into the actual as I wish I could have since my first son was born 2 weeks before MKX came out, so I really haven't had much time to actually play and enjoy the game lol.
Not that I know of atm. But if anything I'll look for one and if there isn't one, I'll compile a list of those that I find

purbeast

Noob
Cool sounds good man. To be honest I wasn't even aware there was hidden brutalities other than I saw someone mention Reptiles somewhere.

Also, it appears that the Android update is now live.

SUGATA

Noob
Bought your guide, thank you for your work!

0) Also hope that you will change design to more iOS7-8 style, or at least one more theme (more bright with other arrows/button icons more iOS7-8 style).

1) FRAME DATA:
- it is better to make it in excel tab view with sort ability - then we can to compare different moves
- also it needs an Armor and Range column
- and a Note filed for every move
Detailed and useful (because of sort tab feature) Frame data will be a Buy feature for your guide!
- also very very useful will be to insert a Picture of the strike for every move in the game - it allows to know framedata of the move w/o knowing its command input. Example:
http://virtuafighter.com/commands/list?ver=5fsa&chara=akira

2) COMBOS category:
- besides Custom combos category we need a list of most popular combos for every character and variation (which are already known 80%)
- Combo details must to be divided into some categories:
A. Open space – Meter less:

B. Open space – Enhanced:

C. Open space – X-Ray:

D. Corner – Meter less:

E. Corner – Enhanced:

F. Corner – X-Ray:

G. Combos on Female characters (has smaller Hitbox):

Stay tuned for your updates and hoping to see this 2 features in full details.

Please , tell me what do you think and can do about it - i am personally ready to pay more than 0.9$ for such a guide!

purbeast

Noob
Bought your guide, thank you for your work!

0) Also hope that you will change design to more iOS7-8 style, or at least one more theme (more bright with other arrows/button icons more iOS7-8 style).

1) FRAME DATA:
- it is better to make it in excel tab view with sort ability - then we can to compare different moves
- also it needs an Armor and Range column
- and a Note filed for every move
Detailed and useful (because of sort tab feature) Frame data will be a Buy feature for your guide!
- also very very useful will be to insert a Picture of the strike for every move in the game - it allows to know framedata of the move w/o knowing its command input. Example:
http://virtuafighter.com/commands/list?ver=5fsa&chara=akira

2) COMBOS category:
- besides Custom combos category we need a list of most popular combos for every character and variation (which are already known 80%)
- Combo details must to be divided into some categories:
A. Open space – Meter less:

B. Open space – Enhanced:

C. Open space – X-Ray:

D. Corner – Meter less:

E. Corner – Enhanced:

F. Corner – X-Ray:

G. Combos on Female characters (has smaller Hitbox):

Stay tuned for your updates and hoping to see this 2 features in full details.

Please , tell me what do you think and can do about it - i am personally ready to pay more than 0.9$ for such a guide!
All good suggestions. One of the major problems about what you want (frame data wise) is the lack of real estate on mobile devices.

As for the combos, it would be very easy for me to add them into the app. As I mentioned, I simply have hardly even played the game much so my knowledge of all these BnB combos and ones that aren't so BnB'ish I simply do not know. If you have a master list of the ones you are talking about for all characters, I'd like to take a look at them.

I have this app written in a way that it is very easy for me to add new sections and display new combos in the same format as the current lists, I just have to enter them into the data sheet and they will show up.

As for your 0 suggestion, I'm not even sure what you mean by more iOS 7/8 ish. It actually is built with iOS 7/8 in mind. Some of my older apps are still in the pre iOS 7 format. Do you just mean a lighter colored scheme? I went with dark simply because MK is a dark themed game so I'm trying to capture that feeling.

protools27

Rebel without a scene
All good suggestions. One of the major problems about what you want (frame data wise) is the lack of real estate on mobile devices.

As for the combos, it would be very easy for me to add them into the app. As I mentioned, I simply have hardly even played the game much so my knowledge of all these BnB combos and ones that aren't so BnB'ish I simply do not know. If you have a master list of the ones you are talking about for all characters, I'd like to take a look at them.

I have this app written in a way that it is very easy for me to add new sections and display new combos in the same format as the current lists, I just have to enter them into the data sheet and they will show up.

As for your 0 suggestion, I'm not even sure what you mean by more iOS 7/8 ish. It actually is built with iOS 7/8 in mind. Some of my older apps are still in the pre iOS 7 format. Do you just mean a lighter colored scheme? I went with dark simply because MK is a dark themed game so I'm trying to capture that feeling.
Here is the combo thread for Cassie cage, @Pan1cMode did a great job of listing them in an organized manner for each variation. Sadly not everyone's threads are as organized, but if it would help, as with my suggestion to go over the hit levels for all strings, I wouldn't mind helping put together some of the most practical BNB's for each character.

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Don't know if this was said yet but you have two moves in the takeda shirai ryu with the same commands .. in kombos whip snap and victorious ways. I'm pretty sure victorious ways on the correct one in this variation going by the frame data. ( if I remember correctly)

SUGATA

Noob
I am personally dont have combos list, but on TYM there are so much info about it - just put character name and combo in search window :)

Yes, exactly, i mean about more iOS7-8 STYLISH: more bright, thin lines and less skeuomorphism more minimalism.

purbeast

Noob
Don't know if this was said yet but you have two moves in the takeda shirai ryu with the same commands .. in kombos whip snap and victorious ways. I'm pretty sure victorious ways on the correct one in this variation going by the frame data. ( if I remember correctly)
Thank you.

With me manually entering all the info in there, it's bound to have some errors. But thanks to you guys telling me when you find them, that is how I can fix them. Appreciate it!

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
Thank you.

With me manually entering all the info in there, it's bound to have some errors. But thanks to you guys telling me when you find them, that is how I can fix them. Appreciate it!
No prob man. I'll prob be looking more into the takeda stuff. If I see any more I'll let you know ! Awesome ap man. Love it

purbeast

Noob
No prob man. I'll prob be looking more into the takeda stuff. If I see any more I'll let you know ! Awesome ap man. Love it
Cool thanks.

Someone posted a review saying that some of Ferra/Torr's kombos were wrong, however in my last update I checked out the ones he was referring to in the moves list and they appeared to be correct. Hmm now that I think about it, I didn't try the actual input in the game, only looked at the list, and that matched. I wonder if some of the moves lists are actually wrong in the game command list.

THANKS! Wonderful app!
Just got this from Android now I can study on my lunch break at the office.
Glad you are liking it and hope it helps ya'll out!

MKX has so many moves that it comes in handy. It's what I use when I'm trying to learn myself.

And I need to thank the guy in this thread that recommended the "always on" feature, because without that, it would be REALLY annoying to have to keep clicking the button on the phone to turn the screen back on after I look up something, test it out, then go back to my phone lol. Such a simple feature that I never thought about, but one of you guys recommended it as something that would be helpful for them, and then now that it's implemented, it's something I use myself.