What's new

Guest character(s) in Mortal Kombat X, "I think the chances are pretty high", says Boon

If you had to pick one of them, who would you pick?

• Predator

Votes: 116 81.1%
  • Sweet Tooth

Votes: 27 18.9%

• Total voters

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I understand when people state that since Fox owns the Predator, they would have to buy the rights to use said character and some saying that WB wouldn't want to advertise for a competitor.

Though, the entertainment industry does all the time, not to long ago when Amazing Spider Man 2 came out they made a deal to help Advertise X-Men DOFP. Predator is getting a new movie that is being made and its not that far out of left field that FOx would allow the Predator to be in MKX.

I understand when people state that since Fox owns the Predator, they would have to buy the rights to use said character and some saying that WB wouldn't want to advertise for a competitor.

Though, the entertainment industry does all the time, not to long ago when Amazing Spider Man 2 came out they made a deal to help Advertise X-Men DOFP. Predator is getting a new movie that is being made and its not that far out of left field that FOx would allow the Predator to be in MKX.
they don't need to go through fox, they just need help from DC comics

Geeze, all this salt over one or two guests in a cast of twenty+.

I think that Assassins Creed dude in SC5 is the only time I've been disappointed to have a guest.

Cordliss

Noob
Definitely Predator, the amount of weapons the Predator has works well with the multiple playstyles that MKX is going for.

The Spear weapon would work well as a close combat focus, a mix of staff attacks and footsies similar to Aquaman. For a zoning playstyle you have access to the shoulder mounted cannon and multiple hook and arrow projectiles, The hawk drones from the more recent predator could work like Lex's Probes or Batmans batarang trait, also you could throw in the net launcher which would work similar to Cyrax's Net. The third playstyle could be a straight grapple/arm sword close combat focus, slow but with heavy slash and throw damage.

Lets not even get into the costumes because there are so many good choices any of them would work great, especially the ones from the recent Predators film.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Geeze, all this salt over one or two guests in a cast of twenty+.

I think that Assassins Creed dude in SC5 is the only time I've been disappointed to have a guest.
I'm curious, why?
IMO if someone fits right in, that's him.
I mean, it's the series that had Link and Starkiller (or whoever that was, in medieval themed game, no less), of all people.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
We need Arnold Schwartzanegger as dlc with a Terminator Stance, a Total Recall Stance and a Running Man Stance.
no love for commando ? he stabs you in the eye with the ice cream cone he was feeding to his fawn before scropion startled his chickens

I'm curious, why?
IMO if someone fits right in, that's him.
I mean, it's the series that had Link and Starkiller (or whoever that was, in medieval themed game, no less), of all people.
Just not an AC fan. I didn't dislike him being in either, he was just there.

Truthfully I was hoping for Scorpion/Sub-Zero/Freddy/Jason or even Predator to be in SC5.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Definitely Predator, the amount of weapons the Predator has works well with the multiple playstyles that MKX is going for.

The Spear weapon would work well as a close combat focus, a mix of staff attacks and footsies similar to Aquaman. For a zoning playstyle you have access to the shoulder mounted cannon and multiple hook and arrow projectiles, The hawk drones from the more recent predator could work like Lex's Probes or Batmans batarang trait, also you could throw in the net launcher which would work similar to Cyrax's Net. The third playstyle could be a straight grapple/arm sword close combat focus, slow but with heavy slash and throw damage.

Lets not even get into the costumes because there are so many good choices any of them would work great, especially the ones from the recent Predators film.

This is exactly what I was thinking as well, he's just perfect for the whole variation thing. A much better fit than almost anyone else mentioned in this thread.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Since Predators vision is based on heat, would that make the Sub Zero match up 10 - 0?
Lol predator enhance their equipment when one of them dies from a weakness, you can see in predator 2 that this weakness was overcomed with the UV googles

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I think they're both badass characters, but it better not be console exclusive. Unless of course they make it where Xbox gets Predator and PSN gets Sweet Tooth. If they did it that way, they could have the counterpart be DLC (money purposes). They could then be used in tournaments that way because they're available, but more than likely they'll turn out to be another Kratos.
Unfortunately that's what happens when characters that are owned by competitors are put into games. Kratos isn't going over to Xbox and neither is Sweet Tooth.

Flagg

Noob
no love for commando ? he stabs you in the eye with the ice cream cone he was feeding to his fawn before scropion startled his chickens
Didn't he throw an entire lift at the bad guys in that film? Commando Stance means all interactables are unblockables.