What's new

Guaranteed resets and NRS stance?

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Not to be a NARC or anything, but according to this thread, and the testing appears correct, Grundy has a guaranteed reset off his B+1.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/is-pain-chain-guaranteed-after-b1.30902/

Now while this only bumps up his midscreen damage by like 10% it's pretty awful off a D+2 since it turns his amazing anti-air into 50% plus which seems a bit much considering how nasty that fight can be already.

So we've heard Ares is losing his reset, is this one just under the radar or is it kosher for some reason?

LockM

Noob
Aside from some bug/glitches and some very minor balance adjustments nothing should be patched. Give the game atleast a few months before thinking something might be too good or just broken.

Not to be a NARC or anything, but according to this thread, and the testing appears correct, Grundy has a guaranteed reset off his B+1.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/is-pain-chain-guaranteed-after-b1.30902/

Now while this only bumps up his midscreen damage by like 10% it's pretty awful off a D+2 since it turns his amazing anti-air into 50% plus which seems a bit much considering how nasty that fight can be already.

So we've heard Ares is losing his reset, is this one just under the radar or is it kosher for some reason?
Probably under the radar but I have no doubt it will get nerfed. Both of these resets Ares and grundy are escapable by the way. The only character that I know for a fact cannot escape ares' reset in green lantern.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I do think Grundy is horribly nasty once he gets going, but he does find it hard to get going.

That said, as Grundys improve, I can only see him rise in the tier lists.

Ideally, it should be looked into, but I don't see how without nerfing him too much. Seems like a rock and a hard place.

Do nothing, and hes too strong, do something and hes too weak.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
nobody is worried about this...once people learn how to pushblock, armor his tick throws, neutral jump full combo punish him, he becomes a variation of scorpian with slower normals.

let the dead man lay.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ares isn't losing his reset, his b23 is getting nerfed to be techable, which is the best way to get the reset off. He can still do the reset, they're just catering to the scrubs who don't want to actually go in training mode to learn how to beat it with a well timed wake-up move. Also, Ares' reset was never a guaranteed reset, just to be clear.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
quit jumping at grundy you scrubs.

then you won't eat his fastest move as a punish.

Even if they remove it... i'll still use the setup... because there is a low/oh mixup that you still have to take into consideration, along with the trait throw. Unless they just make the moves advantage stupid low.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Ares isn't losing his reset, his b23 is getting nerfed to be techable, which is the best way to get the reset off. He can still do the reset, they're just catering to the scrubs who don't want to actually go in training mode to learn how to beat it with a well timed wake-up move. Also, Ares' reset was never a guaranteed reset, just to be clear.
Preach it babay..... let the world know!!!!!

If you were a homeless dude holding a sign with this one it... id' be beside you with this one

"What he said -------->"

60% AA for 1 bar lol. One of the best d2s in the game too. He needs it.

I don't know what NRS has planned for the patch, but they better not nerf anyone else's damage output. Otherwise you'll have everyone doing 20-30% average combos while Grundy does twice more.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Yea, I don't like that a character can get that kind of damage off a really good aa and I have no choice but to respect it in the first round. At least in the second I can clash it.

60% AA for 1 bar lol. One of the best d2s in the game too. He needs it.

I don't know what NRS has planned for the patch, but they better not nerf anyone else's damage output. Otherwise you'll have everyone doing 20-30% average combos while Grundy does twice more.
Who knows. They might nerf combo scaling as a whole like they did in MK resulting in EVERYONE doing a bit less damage.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Fly, I'm still learning the lingo for Injustice. What's a tick throw? :( I also know nothing about grundy.
Its a term that mainly grapplers use to suggest using a normal attack to get the opponent to commit to block. As soon as they block you grab them.

An example would be Nightwolf standing 1 into throw from MK. Grundy has many opportunities to do this as his throws are all linkable from strings. This gives him tons of tick throw options.