What's new

Grodd is broke. The relationship between Stampede Cancel and 22.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I see the gaps being an issue. But the execution is eh.

Kabal 2f link, block strings and eventually everyone got used to that. While pressing 2bf4 b + r2 into another 2

If the cancels are worth it if say master it if grodd can win without it then dont so it.

But those gaps in his strings should be "fix"

It does make you wonder what the design idea actually was.

Why give him such terrible strings?
Why is he so unsafe?
Why are his mixup options so terrible?
Why do so many characters have forward advancing mid strings with no gaps, but Grodd's only mid string doesn't advance and is totally unsafe without cancels????
To pile on, the whiff recovery of 22 is laughably awful. Soooooo many characters can punish this by backdashing on wakeup and whiff punishing.

Like how bad can they make this string?

Belial

Noob
You should try the actual Grodd stampede cancels.
what do you mean? I can do stampede cancels all day off b2 22 and 112 and with precicion up to 1 frame that I bet few people can do (set 7fr reversal for blocking enemy and check if your cancels are any good).

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Haha the people saying get gud and practice the cancels are such assholes..
They honestly wouldn't even help thaat much and they really are hard to do consistently. They're harder to do than any other cancel pressure in nrs history.

Feel bad for grodd mains

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
They honestly wouldn't even help thaat much and they really are hard to do consistently. They're harder to do than any other cancel pressure in nrs history.

Feel bad for grodd mains

This. Think about the characters from MKX that had run cancels and how useful that was. They werent nearly as hard to get right! All I want is for 1 fucking string to be safe.

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
I really hope they change many inputs before Evo (Poison Ivy's Bark Skin, Doctor Fate's Healing Orb) and Grodd's Stampede Cancel looks like it could be made so much easier.
I was just thinking about posting about the robin discord's greivences with the b3 timing after mbdb2 and the 212 ender being so difficult to hit. There are tons of needlessly difficult links in this game that honestly make people quit using the character.

I see the gaps being an issue. But the execution is eh.

Kabal 2f link, block strings and eventually everyone got used to that. While pressing 2bf4 b + r2 into another 2

If the cancels are worth it if say master it if grodd can win without it then dont so it.

But those gaps in his strings should be "fix"
The stampede cancels are much harder than Kabal standing 2 into NMD pressure. Im not kidding.

Ive actually taken to using a combo of my analogue stick and the dpad at the same time to get the double back stuffed into that window.

Feel bad for grodd mains
We will deal with it lol cant do much but deal with it.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
We will deal with it lol cant do much but deal with it.
Honestly I've loved playing as Grodd since release but if this doesn't get fixed I may just move on.

At first Grodd was challenging to play with and I liked that, but then I clued some friends in on his weaknesses and now I just don't win with him against them. I feel like I only ever win in casuals against people that don't know this crap and it feels empty and just creates bad habits.

Honestly I've loved playing as Grodd since release but if this doesn't get fixed I may just move on.

At first Grodd was challenging to play with and I liked that, but then I clued some friends in on his weaknesses and now I just don't win with him against them. I feel like I only ever win in casuals against people that don't know this crap and it feels empty and just creates bad habits.
Im in it for the long haul lmao I will learn other characters but Grodd is dad.

Yes, Grodd is broke

I use visual clues, ff or bb right before be for his fist touch ground but even if I can perform his cancles over 50% of the time, Grodds cancels aren't worth the reward. PLUS cancel timing differs on hit, whether or not they block standing or ducking smh...

I never use grodds strings for pressure. just d1 and b2 all day into stampede or sc. his forward dash resembles his stampede so you really don't need to buffer the stampede from d1. only time I use strings are in combos

Get rid of Gaps NRS, or allow easier executions of sc

OR..

Trait activation plus after a combo, b2 trait allowing for follow up combo would be nice. as of now his trait needs some tender loving care.. WHY DOESNT HIS db2(trait) HIT FULL SCREEN??

Yes, Grodd is broke

I use visual clues, ff or bb right before be for his fist touch ground but even if I can perform his cancles over 50% of the time, Grodds cancels aren't worth the reward. PLUS cancel timing differs on hit, whether or not they block standing or ducking smh...

I never use grodds strings for pressure. just d1 and b2 all day into stampede or sc. his forward dash resembles his stampede so you really don't need to buffer the stampede from d1. only time I use strings are in combos

Get rid of Gaps NRS, or allow easier executions of sc

OR..

Trait activation plus after a combo, b2 trait allowing for follow up combo would be nice. as of now his trait needs some tender loving care.. WHY DOESNT HIS db2(trait) HIT FULL SCREEN??
LOl I dont think it should hit full screen but should get a range increase

I think he very much needs it, plus it makes sense. He should be more threatening with his trait activated. Or how about auto projectile immunity upon trait activation? lol am I asking for too much?what you think about combo follow up after b2 trait?

Whatever happens, I seriously hope they don't decrease the execution barrier. If you want an easier character, there are plenty available. NRS needs to give execution players a character option.

That said, I would only change his gaps. No other buffs till 2018.

BassCase

Noob
If people are honestly getting his sc down like a standard BnB then I'd like to see it done on a live stream or something. Not only that but in different situations. Using all his buttons into sc on hit AND on block. Online and offline.

I highly doubt anyone can do it. I'd have to be proven wrong. I have no problem with a high execution character, as I love to play them , but Grodd is next level.