What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

@ GnG CrimsonPanther
STB TakeAChance
At the end of the B13 list, you have this combo. It's a bit strict, and does 43%.

JI2, B13, Trait, LM, 223, OR MB, B23, LM MB, B3, B13, LM
43% Two bars.

But this combo only does 40% without the JP. However I just found this one.

B13, Trait, LM, 2 OR MB, B23 LM MB, B3, 223 LM = 43% with NO jump in!

This combo makes the B23 a million times easier to hit. And if you have trouble hitting the 223 at the end, you can just do b13LM and it's still 42%, no jump in.

There may be more damage to find by not completing the strings and doing the special moves quicker like this one.
good shit man. I'll add that right away.

I'm going to play around with some of the more damaging combos to see if this will get percentages up some.

Tortonon

YOLO is power
Hey guys,

I'm new around here, but I've been playing the game since the beginning with our boy Hal. I did some stuff to pimp his damage a little bit, squeezing the flail combo (b+23) into his combos. I got 51% for two bars, and some other standard confirmations also got an increased damage. Here's the video. There are a lot of variations that get a combo between 40 and 50 damage, but since I was - and still am - sick I recorded only the highest one I got and the general confirm starters.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
My buddy was playing me today and kept using some "basic/target combo" that ended up with a bat and kept saying it was safe and well, it was pretty safe, I couldn't find anything that Nightwing had to punish afterwards, even NW's jab was too slow on block and he easily blocked it. I wanna learn YOLO lantern. Is that combo really that safe?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
My buddy was playing me today and kept using some "basic/target combo" that ended up with a bat and kept saying it was safe and well, it was pretty safe, I couldn't find anything that Nightwing had to punish afterwards, even NW's jab was too slow on block and he easily blocked it. I wanna learn YOLO lantern. Is that combo really that safe?
Yeah, 2231 is safe.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Quick question, how are you guys jumping after B13? I can't seem to even get the very first combo list down because I can't jump after the 3.

Edit: Omg stupid question. I thought the beginning labels meant what it started off of, not that it meant it just included those moves. Wow, I've been raging and wanted to quit Lantern until I realized this, lol.

Now my problem is that after 223, instead of getting LM, I keep getting just the bat even though my input says I'm doing the d,db,b motion. T_T But my fix for that is to roll from forward all the way to back and hit x as to buffer the time and a clean motion for me. I just hope it doesn't give me a bad habit to roll it when I need to do normal LM, lol.

Quick question, how are you guys jumping after B13? I can't seem to even get the very first combo list down because I can't jump after the 3.

Edit: Omg stupid question. I thought the beginning labels meant what it started off of, not that it meant it just included those moves. Wow, I've been raging and wanted to quit Lantern until I realized this, lol.

Now my problem is that after 223, instead of getting LM, I keep getting just the bat even though my input says I'm doing the d,db,b motion. T_T But my fix for that is to roll from forward all the way to back and hit x as to buffer the time and a clean motion for me. I just hope it doesn't give me a bad habit to roll it when I need to do normal LM, lol.
That just sounds like an input error. Are you sure you're not hitting 1 too early? The only time the club comes out for me is if the 3 whiffs as I'm going for 223 LM.

Just keep practicing it and don't do anything that will give you a bad habit.

Playing around in the lab this morning and found this

JI3, B13 trait LM , 22 OR MB, B2 LM MB, B3, B13 LM: 2 bars 48%

You can do just 2 OR MB and get the same result

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
I, finally, figured it out. I got to input db1 right before the 3 hits so it can cancel into the special. Now that I got that out of the way, these trait combos are difficult, I end up somehow doing the special then trait cancels LM before the special comes out when I want it the other way around, lol. Or I will just get Trait and the combo drops. I really need to work on trait cancelling since that seems to be the only way to combo after b1,3.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I, finally, figured it out. I got to input db1 right before the 3 hits so it can cancel into the special. Now that I got that out of the way, these trait combos are difficult, I end up somehow doing the special then trait cancels LM before the special comes out when I want it the other way around, lol. Or I will just get Trait and the combo drops. I really need to work on trait cancelling since that seems to be the only way to combo after b1,3.
It's really easy with a bit of practise. You're rushing your commands by the sound of it; the trick to timing the trait cancel combos is realising that you cancel the trait with a special once you've seen the trait come out on screen. Slow down, pace your inputs, don't mash them all in together.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
It's really easy with a bit of practise. You're rushing your commands by the sound of it; the trick to timing the trait cancel combos is realising that you cancel the trait with a special once you've seen the trait come out on screen. Slow down, pace your inputs, don't mash them all in together.
Can the trait be thrown in ANYWHERE to continue a combo? Because I'm just kinda messing around in practice mode and trying new things, but I don't want to try it where it can't be used. Currently, I am trying 223 trait LM, is that possible? or F3,223,Trait, LM 223, LM(MB). Is that possible? or am I wasting my time, lol. Because currently, from my understanding, is that Trait is basically a special that can be cancelled at anytime to continue stuff. Correct me if I am wrong, please, lol.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Can the trait be thrown in ANYWHERE to continue a combo? Because I'm just kinda messing around in practice mode and trying new things, but I don't want to try it where it can't be used. Currently, I am trying 223 trait LM, is that possible? or F3,223,Trait, LM 223, LM(MB). Is that possible? or am I wasting my time, lol. Because currently, from my understanding, is that Trait is basically a special that can be cancelled at anytime to continue stuff. Correct me if I am wrong, please, lol.
Those combos don't work. Off 223 you can use bf1 MB, b13 trait, lm 223 lm or other ender of choice.

The thing with 223 and bf1 is it's very easy to hitcofirm, can be cancelled into minigun (bf2) in meterless situations and on hit gives you a full combo, on block, gives you tonnes of positive frames to use in your offense.

Cancelling trait with specials is situational too, you don't always need to do it depending on how you launched your opponent, your position on screen and how much damage you want to do. GL is very dependent on either meterburn combos and/or trait cancel combos to get his damage.

Another combo for you guys. Instead of flip flopping people around midscreen, you can push them towards the corner with: 223 bf1 mb, b13 mg. This works off j13 too for 37%, also works off f3 for 32%. This combo looks funny when you ex the mg too. Hosing them into that corner. Away you go.

Man, fk these percentages, who cares about percentage damage.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Hm, thank you for that Salvic. I guess I should go work on 223 b1, because now I'm getting the club again. I can do the LM no problem now, but now learning how to do 223,b1,3 is causing the bat to come out. ARGH! Time to hit practice mode after I get back!

#YOLOISPOWER!

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Hm, thank you for that Salvic. I guess I should go work on 223 b1, because now I'm getting the club again. I can do the LM no problem now, but now learning how to do 223,b1,3 is causing the bat to come out. ARGH! Time to hit practice mode after I get back!

#YOLOISPOWER!
223, b13 will of course make the bat come out because the game will register that input as 2231.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
223, b13 will of course make the bat come out because the game will register that input as 2231.
Oh, I misread your post and thought you said 223,b1,3 but you said bf1 for the rocket. Lol. S you can cancel bf1 into bf2?

Also is there a decent combo to push them through a stage transition from f3?

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
Oh, I misread your post and thought you said 223,b1,3 but you said bf1 for the rocket. Lol. S you can cancel bf1 into bf2?

Also is there a decent combo to push them through a stage transition from f3?
Sorry, I wasn't clear on the second part, you don't cancel bf1 into bf2, it's the 223 string you cancel into either one depending on situation. Remember cancelling into bf1 without meter burning the oa rocket is bad.

Adam Todd

Ana-R-chY
Sorry if this was asked already, but I'm having trouble landing the ender on a combo. it goes
J.3, B.23 ,OR MB ,123 ,LM MB, B.3, B.13, LM
I can't land the B.1 without them hitting the ground. What I've been doing is just LM right after the B3 and it does 50%.

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
At least I am starting to get the juggle combos somewhat down, too bad online I cave to pressure and can never execute correctly, lol. Now I just gotta work on the Trait cancelling stuff which has proven to be the most difficult for me thus far.

j2, 223,LM MB, b3, j2, 223, LM is pretty awesome, but sadly I find J3 the superior jump in move, but it doesn't work with this combo. :(

I'm just trying to break down my practice sessions into little 20-30 minute sessions before doing other things around the house so I don't get too frustrated and try to give myself a semi-goal: learn a new combo that I can use in a match that isn't too hard, lol. Now that I got the basic 2-3 combos down, I need to learn how to trait cancel because I'm noticed all of my combos require LM MB, lol.

Sorry if this was asked already, but I'm having trouble landing the ender on a combo. it goes
J.3, B.23 ,OR MB ,123 ,LM MB, B.3, B.13, LM
I can't land the B.1 without them hitting the ground. What I've been doing is just LM right after the B3 and it does 50%.
You have to be quick. As soon as he hits the wall go ahead and input it.

Once you get the timing it's as easy as any other BnB.

At least I am starting to get the juggle combos somewhat down, too bad online I cave to pressure and can never execute correctly, lol. Now I just gotta work on the Trait cancelling stuff which has proven to be the most difficult for me thus far.

j2, 223,LM MB, b3, j2, 223, LM is pretty awesome, but sadly I find J3 the superior jump in move, but it doesn't work with this combo. :(

I'm just trying to break down my practice sessions into little 20-30 minute sessions before doing other things around the house so I don't get too frustrated and try to give myself a semi-goal: learn a new combo that I can use in a match that isn't too hard, lol. Now that I got the basic 2-3 combos down, I need to learn how to trait cancel because I'm noticed all of my combos require LM MB, lol.
Try this:
JI3, 223, LM MB, B3, JI2, D1, LM

It's 37%

Quick question about the j2 after the b3, my opponent seems to fly too low to the ground to follow up after the b3 and the j2 never is able to land, what is the timing on it? Do I wait to do the j2 or do I go right away after the b3?
Try to hit beneath them as they're falling from the B3.

Time it off that and you should be able to land the D1 LM

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
Try to hit beneath them as they're falling from the B3.

Time it off that and you should be able to land the D1 LM
Hmm, I can't seem to get the j2 to connect at all. i can drop the j2 and just do b1 LM, but that is only 34%. let me record it and show you. Hopefully, I can upload to youtube from my iphone, lol.