What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Good to see unbreakable combos, you'll definitely need them.

Otherwise you might as well resign to your opponents having 233% health since you will almost never have enough meter to match their wager unless you're getting bodied.

I'd like to see 1 meter variants though. Basically any starter into:

EX lift (or EX rocket), b3, f3

b3 and f3 are both high damage moves so the damage should be comparable to his other 1 bar bnbs

EDIT: another important thing is having some combos that end with b233 (b223? I forget) because it knocks them full screen. You definitely want this against rushdown / grapple characters but much more so to put troubling zoners towards a corner instead of just flipping them around midscreen.

Good to see unbreakable combos, you'll definitely need them.

Otherwise you might as well resign to your opponents having 233% health since you will almost never have enough meter to match their wager unless you're getting bodied.

I'd like to see 1 meter variants though. Basically any starter into:

EX lift (or EX rocket), b3, f3

b3 and f3 are both high damage moves so the damage should be comparable to his other 1 bar bnbs

EDIT: another important thing is having some combos that end with b233 (b223? I forget) because it knocks them full screen. You definitely want this against rushdown / grapple characters but much more so to put troubling zoners towards a corner instead of just flipping them around midscreen.
Im working on them.

And it's B233 :)

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
Easy hit confirm corner combos: using ji2,123.

Jip2,123~OR (mb) nj2,123~d,b+1 42%. You end with your back to the corner. 1 bar.

meter burn the d,b+1 of the last combo, b+3, they will fly overhead,b+13~d,b+1. 50%. Puts opponent in the corner. 2 bars.

Even easier version of the 1 bar.

After the b,f+1 (mb) let the opponent fly over your head and hit them with 223~d,b+1. 37%. Opponent in the corner. 1 bar.

Here's the Ca$hSwagg corner combo. This is the combo that is the most tourney viable:

ji2,123~b,f+1 (mb),nj2,223~d,b+1.

The timing is tricky on that nj2. Your opponent will be moving through you at this time and you have to time it so you land w/your back to the corner. The 223~d,b+1 puts opponent back in the corner for 40-41% (I forget).

the reason this will be used over b+23 is that 123 is a much easier hit confirm.

Ca$hFlagg

Online » Offline
Easy hit confirm corner combos: using ji2,133.

Jip2,123~OR (mb) nj2,123~d,b+1 42%. You end with your back to the corner. 1 bar.

meter burn the d,b+1 of the last combo, b+3, they will fly overhead,b+13~d,b+1. 50%. Puts opponent in the corner. 2 bars.

After the b,f+1 (mb) let the opponent fly over your head and hit them with 223~d,b+1. 37%. Opponent in the corner. 1 bar.

Here's the Ca$hSwagg corner combo. This is the combo that is the most tourney viable:

The timing is tricky on that nj2. Your opponent will be moving through you at this time and you have to time it so you land w/your back to the corner. The 223~d,b+1 puts opponent back in the corner for 40-41% (I forget).

the reason this will be used over b+23 is that 123 is a much easier hit confirm.
I have to say, when you hit the 50%, 2 bar into transition you will feel so pimp. Everyone should feel that once.

Easy hit confirm corner combos: using ji2,133.

Ill definitely put these up.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

55% 2 meters when traits already on

Ji2, b23, bf+1(mb), b23, db+1, b13, db+1(mb), b3, 223, db+1. Sorry if this has already been posted.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
55% 2 meters when traits already on

Ji2, b23, bf+1(mb), b23, db+1, b13, db+1(mb), b3, 223, db+1. Sorry if this has already been posted.
Cant you just do: Ji2, b23, bf+1,TRAIT,(mb), b23, db+1, b13, db+1(mb), b3, 223, db+1

Cant you just do: Ji2, b23, bf+1,TRAIT,(mb), b23, db+1, b13, db+1(mb), b3, 223, db+1
you can't cancel into the trait out of a special. the MB window for OR keeps GL in the animation until it's either detonated or the opponent hits the ground.

Trait can only be cancelled into from a string and cancelled out of with a special.

what combos are people using that are meterless and include no trait?
sadly if you want to deal any kind of decent damage with GL you NEED to use MB combos. That's why using Unclashable combos towards the end of a match is essential cause like KT Smith said GL most likely will never have enough meter to win a Clash.

If you're wanting to save your meter to do his Super, don't bother. The damage is horrible by itself and it insanely scaled when used in a even the shortest combos. So basically, learn and use those MB combos cause they will help you win the match. Don't worry about running out, unless you're being really liberal with it, because he gains meter like crazy.

Hopefully Under_The_Mayo will still make that video explaining the meter system :D

list updated. corner combos added. be sure to go to my new GL match up list and discussion thread and start discussing the MUs so we can get a list going

Marvaz

come at me
I havent seen anyone post this yet but if you want to non techable knockdowns with your opponent ending in the corner you can use the standard bnb of 223,mb lift b3 dash behind them 223 lift. You can dash under them and combo off of a lot of combos but this is just one example. Great to use imo cause cornering your opponent with gl is deadly.

I havent seen anyone post this yet but if you want to non techable knockdowns with your opponent ending in the corner you can use the standard bnb of 223,mb lift b3 dash behind them 223 lift. You can dash under them and combo off of a lot of combos but this is just one example. Great to use imo cause cornering your opponent with gl is deadly.
I'm a little confused on the dash part. Say GL starts on the left side in the right corner, at the moment you need to dash do you dash right or left?

I'm trying to land it so I can add it to the list with damage but I'm having a diffcult time understanding when and how to dash in the combo. I do however have a combo that ends with LM in the corner that does 32% off of 223 I'm about to add. Do you know if your combo has more damage cause I think it should.

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
What I am using for 223 and b13 launchers:

b13 lantern cancel, lift, 223, bf1 mb, b13 lift. 32% 1 meter.

223, bf1 mb, b13 lantern cancel, lift, 223 lift 34% 1 meter.

On small hitbox champions the first part of bf1 seems to whiff in some combos but the mb will still pop them up for you.

(lantern cancel = trait)

Updated. I think we have enough mid screen BnBs that don't involve WBC/GBC or IBBs.
I'll still be adding; corner combos, unclashable combos, AA combos (anti air), and midscreen combos involving WBCs, GBCs and IBBs

F3, B23, OR MB, B23, LM MB, >, 223, LM
43% Two bars

Same damage, same amount of bars. B23 is easier to hit than 123 in a juggle I've found. Depending on when you start the combo the kick will whiff.
Personal preference really. I like the version I posted because I think it looks cooler ;) Also I think I posted that at almost the same time that you updated the BnB list. Anyhow, keep up the good work!

Personal preference really. I like the version I posted because I think it looks cooler ;) Also I think I posted that at almost the same time that you updated the BnB list. Anyhow, keep up the good work!
It's a little older than than the last update. And true it is all preference. And thank you. :)

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
@ GnG CrimsonPanther
STB TakeAChance
At the end of the B13 list, you have this combo. It's a bit strict, and does 43%.

JI2, B13, Trait, LM, 223, OR MB, B23, LM MB, B3, B13, LM
43% Two bars.

But this combo only does 40% without the JP. However I just found this one.

B13, Trait, LM, 2 OR MB, B23 LM MB, B3, 223 LM = 43% with NO jump in!

This combo makes the B23 a million times easier to hit. And if you have trouble hitting the 223 at the end, you can just do b13LM and it's still 42%, no jump in.

There may be more damage to find by not completing the strings and doing the special moves quicker like this one.