What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

Anywhom, came to this thread to ask a question.
Does anyone have a situation to make use of the invincibility on wakeup MB/nonMB turbine?
As in, off the top of your head, which characters would be smacked by this/forced to block if they tried to meaty you?
I'm currently labbing it, but wanted to see if I could save some time if someone else has already worked something out.
So far the best use of it I found is mid-ish screen... but I don't know the rest of the cast well enough to know if they'd even want to meaty you from there, let alone be able to stuff the rest of the turbine animation.

And I guess while I'm here...
What is this the most viable use of GL making opponents stand after MB lift that anyone here uses/have found?
Been trying to find a nice reward for the risk of it whiffing after spending a metre.
the closest I have is 2 metre + ibb combo to setup for 49% (off of MB OR), then either b3/f2 to make them stand for +7 block advantage/overhead low mixup respectively.
and then of course if they don't block, combo + access to trait.
Basically trying to find a very nice way to justify this to myself over his other setups.
It just SEEMS too good to not have it in my bag of tricks.

I have no doubts this was all discussed somewhere else or maybe even in one of the 45 pages of this thread. I'll keep searching :)

The benefits of MB turbine over non-MB being you're not attached to the turbine, allowing you the possibility of trading if they try to stuff your active frames, as well as +2 on block opposed to -23

Noob question, but is b2 useful as a combo starter? The start up on it is a bit slow, but figured i can learn some stuff to throw out once in awhile.

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Noob question, but is b2 useful as a combo starter? The start up on it is a bit slow, but figured i can learn some stuff to throw out once in awhile.

Use it if the guy your playing goes to the bathroom mid match and forgot to pause

Its super slow and 223 is way more viable. Sure do it in a combo for more damage but as start up?

Noh

Although it is safe so i guess you could jump in 2 then do it

Urtog

Noob
Can we get people to verify this? Cause if its true familiar Dan you are my hero.

Also if it is real, how would you use it? Or hpw would it affect your gameplay?
I did a bit of testing, not much so there could be more to find but here's what I have. First Turbine, it does look like it starts up faster but not by much and I didn't find a use for it. As for air oa's rocket, you do land faster and in the corner can use it in a combo but it needs to be near the start or the opponent falls too quickly.

So get into a situation where you have trait on and your opponent is in the corner. f3, nj2, aOR, 223, OR mb, b23, lm, 223 47% and the opponent is back in the corner or you can end with lanterns might for an extra 2% but now your in the corner.

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I was looking at GL's frame data and noticed that MB rocket power is +31 on block. That's more frames than the start up of turbine. Does that mean GL gets a free turbine in after a MB rocket power? (I assume that GL would try to space it so that turbine whiffs and there's no recovery)

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I was looking at GL's frame data and noticed that MB rocket power is +31 on block. That's more frames than the start up of turbine. Does that mean GL gets a free turbine in after a MB rocket power? (I assume that GL would try to space it so that turbine whiffs and there's no recovery)

Sorry if this has been discussed before.
yeah but they can just hit you mid turbine

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
yeah but they can just hit you mid turbine
Might be a dumb question but what can they hit you with? Doesn't turbine have a nice disjointed hitbox? Would it have to be a projectile? If so, I think MB rocket power might give you enough frame advantage to avoid any projectiles except like Sinestro's fear blast (sorry - I can't test this now or i would).

Fred Marvel

Might be a dumb question but what can they hit you with? Doesn't turbine have a nice disjointed hitbox? Would it have to be a projectile? If so, I think MB rocket power might give you enough frame advantage to avoid any projectiles except like Sinestro's fear blast (sorry - I can't test this now or i would).
you can get hit with any projectiles at least like say deathstrokes guns will hit you mid turbine or probably sinestros too

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
This might be dumb, but I think I added 2% to the 1 bar b13 combo.

Right now it seems like there are a lot of ways that people are getting 33%, maybe I'm wrong though....

Anyway

B13 xx Trait xx Lift > 2xx Oa's MB > J3 xx Air Oa's 35%

I legit have no idea if this is useful or sucks. Also it works on everyone.

Urtog

Noob
This might be dumb, but I think I added 2% to the 1 bar b13 combo.

Right now it seems like there are a lot of ways that people are getting 33%, maybe I'm wrong though....

Anyway

B13 xx Trait xx Lift > 2xx Oa's MB > J3 xx Air Oa's 35%

I legit have no idea if this is useful or sucks. Also it works on everyone.
Are you sure it works on everyone? Maybe I just have the timing wrong. I tried a bunch of times against joker, zod, deathstroke, and sinestro but couldn't hit them with the second rocket. I switched to a big character and hit them every time though.

Anyway, the rocket knocks them back and it can be tech rolled so at first I thought it would be bad to do against zoners since it puts them at full screen but you can dash twice and block before they wake up. So as an example after you dash twice and block you can punish certain wakeups like sinestro's fear blast with lanterns might. Since your dashing and at a distance most people would probably wakeup with a ranged attack. So it might be a good way to bait and punish in certain match ups.

That's just my two cents as a scrub.

Also I found this combo for 34%. b13, trait, lm, 22, Oa's mb, d1, 223, lm. The d1 requires a bit of timing, you need to hit them when their above GL's arm. Wait too long and 223 will whiff while their on the ground.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Are you sure it works on everyone? Maybe I just have the timing wrong. I tried a bunch of times against joker, zod, deathstroke, and sinestro but couldn't hit them with the second rocket. I switched to a big character and hit them every time though.
They're falling after the j3 before the air rocket hits?

Try MBing the first rocket ASAP.

Urtog

Noob
They're falling after the j3 before the air rocket hits?

Try MBing the first rocket ASAP.
Yea they're falling too soon, the second rocket just flies over them. I figured I just wasn't getting the second rocket out quick enough. I'll try mb'ing the first one sooner.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Yea they're falling too soon, the second rocket just flies over them. I figured I just wasn't getting the second rocket out quick enough. I'll try mb'ing the first one sooner.
Just tried it on those chars and it works, just gotta do it fast.

Also if there's an interactable up there you can do j3 xx interactable and get a free otg.

It's like 31% + 110% of interactable damage because of trait.

Usually over 50%

The Great One

"I Always d1 Lif-" SHUT UP
Just tried it on those chars and it works, just gotta do it fast.

Also if there's an interactable up there you can do j3 xx interactable and get a free otg.

It's like 31% + 110% of interactable damage because of trait.

Usually over 50%

Do you know where i could find a list of the otg interactables? Super akward lion head that doesnt kill or otg...

Urtog

Noob
Is it known that GL can reset a combo if the opponent is standing by delaying the mb of oa's rocket?

Example: 22 oa's rocket, you have to wait until the last couple frames to meter burn. Too soon and the combo continues too late and you can't meter burn, it needs to be done just before the rocket disappears. If done right the opponent will pop up into the air and the combo is reset.

If you were to do 22, OR MB, F3, JI2, B13, Trait, LM, 223, LM you would get 42% but if you delay the mb of the rocket and reset the combo you get 12%+35% so you get 5% more damage. A bit risky for only 5%, the reset itself is safe if they don't have super but you risk losing damage if you mess up the timing. I figured I would post about it. Just one more thing GL can do. Also there might be other uses I haven't found.

Anything that leaves them standing will work. 12, 22, b23, b1 etc. Say you just punished with 22 after blocking but don't want to do too much and risk them clashing. You can drop the combo or try the reset into f3 f3, 12%+25%. 22 rocket is clashable but if you time the mb correctly it's not(the meter burn I mean) since it's the first hit in the combo they can't clash it.

The bad thing though is it probably won't catch a good player twice the delay is noticeable and if you're the type of player who holds block even when caught in a combo you'll block it by accident. You can block the meter burn or backdash. Plus some but not all characters can super to escape.

It's something, it may not be good but I haven't seen it mentioned before so I thought it might be worth posting.

Last edited:

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Is it known that GL can reset a combo if the opponent is standing by delaying the mb of oa's rocket?

Example: 22 oa's rocket, you have to wait until the last couple frames to meter burn. Too soon and the combo continues too late and you can't meter burn, it needs to be done just before the rocket disappears. If done right the opponent will pop up into the air and the combo is reset.

If you were to do 22, OR MB, F3, JI2, B13, Trait, LM, 223, LM you would get 42% but if you delay the mb of the rocket and reset the combo you get 12%+35% so you get 5% more damage. A bit risky for only 5%, the reset itself is safe if they don't have super but you risk losing damage if you mess up the timing. I figured I would post about it. Just one more thing GL can do. Also there might be other uses I haven't found.

Anything that leaves them standing will work. 12, 22, b23, b1 etc. Say you just punished with 22 after blocking but don't want to do too much and risk them clashing. You can drop the combo or try the reset into f3 f3, 12%+25%. 22 rocket is clashable but if you time the mb correctly it's not(the meter burn I mean) since it's the first hit in the combo they can't clash it.

The bad thing though is it probably won't catch a good player twice the delay is noticeable and if you're the type of player who holds block even when caught in a combo you'll block it by accident. You can block the meter burn or backdash. Plus some but not all characters can super to escape.

It's something, it may not be good but I haven't seen it mentioned before so I thought it might be worth posting.
Standing reset sounds like it could be very useful against a character like zatanna that you don't want to knock down (lest they wake up teleport away for free). Would be cool if we could find a higher damage version tho.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

Can't they just block the rocket?

Urtog

Noob
Can't they just block the rocket?
The rocket itself is part of the combo it cant be blocked if 22 hits. The explosion from meter burning the rocket also combos if you don't delay it. The part that's blockable is the meter burn if you delay it long enough and try for the reset. Which is why I said it probably won't catch a good player twice since the delay is noticeable.

Urtog

Noob
I found another way to get 34% from b13 with 1 bar.
b13 trait lm 2 ORmb f3 lm.

Also something I haven't seen any one do is, on metropolis street when in range of the machine gun interactable you can do b13 trait machine gun and you have enough time to b3. Without spending a bar you can get around 37% and with 1 bar 41%. It seems like the better choice than going into the standard b13 bnb when in range since its pretty easy to do.

b13, trait, machine gun, b3, ji3, b23, lm, 223, lm 37%.

b13, trait, machine gun, b3, ji3, 22, ORmb, b23, lm, 22, lm 41%. I don't remember if you can do 223 at the end, either way it's 41%.

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

I found another way to get 34% from b13 with 1 bar.
b13 trait lm 2 ORmb f3 lm.

Also something I haven't seen any one do is, on metropolis street when in range of the machine gun interactable you can do b13 trait machine gun and you have enough time to b3. Without spending a bar you can get around 37% and with 1 bar 41%. It seems like the better choice than going into the standard b13 bnb when in range since its pretty easy to do.

b13, trait, machine gun, b3, ji3, b23, lm, 223, lm 37%.

b13, trait, machine gun, b3, ji3, b23, ORmb, 223, lm, 22, lm 41%. I don't remember if you can do 223 at the end, either way it's 41%.
where does it work on the stage? i cant get the machine gun to hit them after b13

Urtog

Noob
where does it work on the stage? i cant get the machine gun to hit them after b13
Just in case so there's no confusion, I'm not talking about GL's special move I don't mean his minigun. On metropolis street, on the left side of the stage there is a vehicle in the background with a turret on it, you'll know your in range of it when there is a blinking red light on the turret. Just knock the opponent in the air and click the interactable button on your controller. The turret will shoot and hold them in the air for a second giving you enough time to b3.

Last edited:

Fred Marvel

Just in case so there's no confusion, I'm not talking about GL's special move I don't mean his minigun. On metropolis street, on the left side of the stage there is a vehicle in the background with a turret on it, you'll know your in range of it when there is a blinking red light on the turret. Just knock the opponent in the air and click the interactable button. The turret will shoot and hold them in the air for a second giving you enough time to b3.
i knew what you mean lol
oh okay i didnt know you didnt have to press the button