What's new

Green Lantern BnBs and Strategies

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
you know what'd be cool? A list of characters that can punish a max range Lift. I'll start:

Scorpion: Spear & Teleport Punch
Killer Frost: Slide
Green Lantern: Lift
Raven: Soulcrush

Probably can but unconfirmed:

Harley: Tantrum Stance
Catwoman: Cat Dash
Flash: Torpedo

Sinestro & Deathstroke can probably punish with their projectiles but LBSH that's not a real punish.

chores

bad at things
you know what'd be cool? A list of characters that can punish a max range Lift. I'll start:

Scorpion: Spear & Teleport Punch
Killer Frost: Slide
Green Lantern: Lift
Raven: Soulcrush

Probably can but unconfirmed:

Harley: Tantrum Stance
Catwoman: Cat Dash
Flash: Torpedo

Sinestro & Deathstroke can probably punish with their projectiles but LBSH that's not a real punish.
ww cant hit maxrange but can b2 at like 90% range.
can lobo punish with one of his chain moves?
what about lex charge

Squizz

Corps Speedster
Don't do those things.

Only throw a standing missile if you read he's going to throw an axe or sword (if he gets hit while the traits are traveling they disappear).

Ares gets destroyed by GL in his optimal range. Abuse Lift checks because Ares can't punish.

Get a life lead then turtle up. Once you have one Ares has to come to you which is practically suicide.

harass with air rockets. bait teleports and punish with combo of choice.

Ares' only wake up is teleport so when you knock him down don't go straight for a meaty. Pause briefly to see if he teleports and punish again.
Thank you

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Thank you
Also be careful of EX god hand reset shenanigans. It has a hit of armor so you can't wake up lift it as he's flying through the air. You have to judge whether to jump away or do a perfectly timed wake up if its going to hit meaty.

Basically, against characters that can pin GL down at full screen you must get a life lead at match start before they escape out to max distance. If you have a life lead, you can trade standing rockets with their projectiles to keep the lead. This forces them to advance.

In general, whenever you catch them with anything, do the combo with the most corner push possible even if you sacrifice a lot of damage/meter.

And stay away from maps with strong or reusable corner interactables

Squizz

Corps Speedster
To be honest i still feel like ares is my worst match up. His projectiles trade mine, he can EX them for overheard mix up, tele in after rockets to punish me, and he has a 40%+ one trait combo and 50% in corner. I think ares wins the long game 6-4, 7-3 if hes good with tele on reaction to rockets.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I think ares wins the long game 6-4, 7-3 if hes good with tele on reaction to rockets.
That's where you need to apply FG fundamentals. If you smell he's waiting for a rocket to teleport, don't do one. Do something to bait him like an empty jump or just use the opportunity to advance in

Squizz

Corps Speedster
First serious figting game for me, i feel like ive never made this much progress in a FG before. But im still learning, see your point though and ill take it to heart.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
what's the optimal bnb off an air-to-air j1?

preferably something with EX rocket in it.

check if j1, b1 EX rocket, b3, j3, 223 Lift is possible.

if b1 EX rocket isn't possible, it'll have to be 2 EX rocket.

if J3 after the b3 isn't possible, it'll have to be j2.

I'll check too when I get home from work.
Optimized BnBs off AtA JI1 (also works for JI2)
AtA JI1, B1, OR (delayed) MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM
41% One bar (43% w/AtA JI2)

AtA JI1, 2, OR (delayed) MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM
42% One bar (44% w/AtA JI2)

AtA JI1, B2, OR (delayed) MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM
43% One bar

The timing of these are based on JI1 connecting at or close to the peak of the opponent's jump on the way down. If done late the OR MB or B3 can whiff.

However, this combo seems to land reguardless of any (realistic) AtA JI1 connection due to the 1 connecting higher than B1 and not causing as much gravity increase as 2 or B2:

AtA JI1, 1, OR (delayed) MB, B3, JI3, 223, LM
41% One bar (43% w/AtA JI2)

I'm not certain what this means. Actually frame data lingo I've yet to look into at all so maybe that's partly why I don't understand but..if you could explain why B23 is only viable in certain situations and not others that'd be awesome.

Off of B23
Only use this string for block punishes (-16 or more), whiff punishes, or hit confirmed JI attacks.

I'm not certain what this means. Actually frame data lingo I've yet to look into at all so maybe that's partly why I don't understand but..if you could explain why B23 is only viable in certain situations and not others that'd be awesome.

Off of B23
Only use this string for block punishes (-16 or more), whiff punishes, or hit confirmed JI attacks.
B2 hits Mid but the 3 hits High. So that means all your opponent has to do is block low (as alot of players do against GL because of his 9 frame low starter) and then punish with D1. So don't use this string unless you hit confirm a jump in attack, block something that is -16 or worse (because B2's start up frames are 14 which leaves you 2 frames to see it and react to it) for your opponent that keeps you within range of B2 (which is pretty good due to a very slight phantom hitbox) or if your opponent whiffs something with you near enough again for a B2 punish.

B2 hits Mid but the 3 hits High. So that means all your opponent has to do is block low (as alot of players do against GL because of his 9 frame low starter) and then punish with D1. So don't use this string unless you hit confirm a jump in attack, block something that is -16 or worse (because B2's start up frames are 14 which leaves you 2 frames to see it and react to it) for your opponent that keeps you within range of B2 (which is pretty good due to a very slight phantom hitbox) or if your opponent whiffs something with you near enough again for a B2 punish.
thanks man

New bnb off a B3 two bars.

B3, ji3, OR MB, neutral j2, b13, LM MB, b13, ji2, 1, LM = 45%

New bnb off OR MB 1 bar

OR MB, f3, ji2, b13, Trait, LM, 223, LM = 42%

I have a new IBB (Interactable Background Bounce) combo. As soon as I get on Injustice to confirm the damage I will post it in this entry as well as the best strings for IBBs.

I'm currently without a computer and have to do everything on my phone so the OP won't be updated with these until I'm back on a computer.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

New bnb off a B3 two bars.

B3, ji3, OR MB, neutral j2, b13, LM MB, b13, ji2, 1, LM = 45%

New bnb off OR MB 1 bar

OR MB, f3, ji2, b13, Trait, LM, 223, LM = 42%
I'm going to play around with these to see if they're viable or if there is a better and/or easier way to get the same results.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Trip Se7ens

Nom Nom
So ppl are starting to wake up attack me after my MB lift for reset... So I'm guessing that reset isn't very viable anymore? :(