What's new

Question Grassroot Tourney Questions (Nec,Wb, apex, Fr) + Possible Tekken Demise?

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
the OP argument could be said for this game as well.

If you just got this "underdeveloped" game.... and saw all the relative bullshit and inconsistency..... why would you pay to travel and get involved (see tierlist threads).

Just the pot calling the kettle black and all. just worry about MK...... let the other games sort themselves out.
what?

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It makes sense that the time gap between the arcade and console release isn't as big of a deal as it seems, but as far as TT2 in tournaments, why no mention of their numbers? We're only a couple months into the game's tournament life here and for some reason they can't reach our 1 1/2 year old game's numbers. Is there an excuse for this that I'm not aware of?

ShinBlanka

Pig Of The Hut

It makes sense that the time gap between the arcade and console release isn't as big of a deal as it seems, but as far as TT2 in tournaments, why no mention of their numbers? We're only a couple months into the game's tournament life here and for some reason they can't reach our 1 1/2 year old game's numbers. Is there an excuse for this that I'm not aware of?
tag shin

Hell yeah man, I get Emo and discouraged just thinking about catching up to top MK guys or even REO. My Kabal is in the making, I can only imagine how Tekken players feel or new Tekken players.
Considering that Anakin at MLG only had the game for 2-3 months and beat Saint (who had been playing the game for 2 years prior), and seeing an old school Tekken Tag player who hated T6, played mk9, then came to Seasons Beatings beat NCY__fab(who played T6 religiously) to win Season's Beatings (Slips). I'd say I feel pretty good.

Just goes to show you anything is possible.

Say 20 of us received a copy of mk9 year and a half before the rest received their copy (Korea, japan has had TTT2 for almost 2 years) would you then want to spend a lot of money to travel to compete? You think you could win? I don't think I could win being 2 years behind. Thats ridiculous this even happened but i get it.
Seems crazy, but the Tekken community has been doing this for years (Anakin took out Saint a Korean for 3rd place at mlg). If everyone had that mindset, then why would anyone new want to compete in the mk tourney scene? It all comes down to having fun and grinding it out. :)

Think of it this way, Koreans have a show on Tekken..A SHOW lol. Yet, that doesn't scare America from competing. It's that competitive spirit is why I love the FGC.

ShinBlanka
Dude until last year no MK tournament had over 64 players at FR in the history of my event! Tekken has had no less than 100 entries for 8 years straight at FR and T6 was dead for a year and still filled up an 128 man bracket last year. lol Please don't play the game of who's e-penis is bigger between tekken and MK sir. Just let that be a stream monster convo. If you want to engage me in that type of convo you can never tag me in a post again.

We don't have to get into the history of MLG with MK9 and MLG with Tekken. Just be happy that your favorite game players supports MLG events, so they inturn support you guys. I mean you could have been the SCV scene or the KOF13 scene, so i would say just be thankful that grass roots and mlg events support your favorite game and stop trying to diss other games! that's the only thing I can't f'ing stand in our community is elitest in each game scene. We're all apart of the SAME COMMUNITY IF YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!!!

ShinBlanka you know for this year's final round maybe you BigE should have a pannel and be on it maybe field some questions for aspiring community and tournament organizers also some history about yourselves would be very cool.
That's a cool idea sir, but i'm pretty busy during my event to do a panel and i'm sure BigE is as busy as me at his events. Anyone that's been to Final Round knows I don't stay in one place more than 5 minutes as i'm in constant motion the entire weekend. lol I don't know how other event guys have time to do panels while they have major event going on. I need to learn how to do that in the future, but I like to be hands on and be around everything but not staying on onething for a long time. Maybe I can do it at NEC if Eric ask me to do it there.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
That would be a great idea and also maybe some type of cross promotion between both of you tournament organizers since your events run a few months after each other would be neat. Not sure what you guys would work out but it could always help.

Owerbart

I miss you
Maybe this looks out of place, but ShinBlanka I'm learning TTT2 and Jaycee and Armor King are the ones I feel most comfortable with. Any player who uses anyone of them at competitive level to get some education and some videos?

Thanks in advance.

Maybe this looks out of place, but ShinBlanka I'm learning TTT2 and Jaycee and Armor King are the ones I feel most comfortable with. Any player who uses anyone of them at competitive level to get some education and some videos?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not the voice for the Tekken community sir, but you should look up jcdr videos for AK strats.

That would be a great idea and also maybe some type of cross promotion between both of you tournament organizers since your events run a few months after each other would be neat. Not sure what you guys would work out but it could always help.
We are already doing that with TTT2 sir and we have an announcement at NEC13.

Ashenar

That's very good news tbh I think that unity amongst the T/O's will fortify the scene nationally and also help further legitimize the goal the grassroot scene has which is to eventually attract not only video game style sponsorship but other big name companies in and out side of the industry.

That's very good news tbh I think that unity amongst the T/O's will fortify the scene nationally and also help further legitimize the goal the grassroot scene has which is to eventually attract not only video game style sponsorship but other big name companies in and out side of the industry.
Yea that's the plan sir.

Ashenar

Good stuff man tbh my first ever tournament was NEC then Final Round and both where great learning experiences and I enjoyed the heck out of them both.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Dude until last year no MK tournament had over 64 players at FR in the history of my event! Tekken has had no less than 100 entries for 8 years straight at FR and T6 was dead for a year and still filled up an 128 man bracket last year. lol Please don't play the game of who's e-penis is bigger between tekken and MK sir. Just let that be a stream monster convo. If you want to engage me in that type of convo you can never tag me in a post again.
I think you're missing the point of what I was asking. I don't have any hate towards Tekken or their scene, nor do I care about MK vs Tekken. I'm saying, the turnout for TT2 at Seasons Beatings and MLG Dallas does not seem great for a game that was released only a short time ago. I know Tekken was capped, but if I remember correctly, they barely made that and weren't able to extend it like we did. If I'm not remembering that correctly, there's still the case of SB. So, what I'm asking is, what is the reason for this? And are they indications that the scene won't take off as big as it was expected to?

I think you're missing the point of what I was asking. I don't have any hate towards Tekken or their scene, nor do I care about MK vs Tekken. I'm saying, the turnout for TT2 at Seasons Beatings and MLG Dallas does not seem great for a game that was released only a short time ago. I know Tekken was capped, but if I remember correctly, they barely made that and weren't able to extend it like we did. If I'm not remembering that correctly, there's still the case of SB. So, what I'm asking is, what is the reason for this? And are they indications that the scene won't take off as big as it was expected to?
From what I read on things MLG for TTT2 was announced a month before the event. That is hella short notice for people to goto Dallas on a whem. I announce Final Round atleast 8 months in advance so people will have time to save up and properly plan to attend my events and it's hard to get any community players to register online and let alone plan for a 3 day trip with only a month to work with. The people that was able to attend made it out on short notice and filled the bracket up. As for season beatings #'s in TTT2 I can't understand that sir, but traditionally SB has been a marvel heavy event and namco games in general haven't been in the spot light. I know a couple of years they didn't even have tekken at the event. I don't know why people didn't go out to SB for TTT2. Ask the players on tekkenzabatsu.com

Thanks man. And about Jaycee? any clue? cheers mate.
You could visit the Tekken Discussion thread on TYM, Skkra has been more than helpful answering questions. Plus there's plenty of guides on youtube that should at least help. Aris also plays Armour King, you should probably check out his channel as well (AvoidingThePuddle), or watch his match videos:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/tekken-tag-tournament-2-general-discussion.23507/page-59#post-596753

(Sorry, getting off topic lol)

Owerbart

I miss you

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
As for season beatings #'s in TTT2 I can't understand that sir, but traditionally SB has been a marvel heavy event and namco games in general haven't been in the spot light. I know a couple of years they didn't even have tekken at the event. I don't know why people didn't go out to SB for TTT2. Ask the players on tekkenzabatsu.com
That makes sense. I guess we'll have a better picture of how things are going at NEC

Pig Of The Hut

That's a cool idea sir, but i'm pretty busy during my event to do a panel and i'm sure BigE is as busy as me at his events. Anyone that's been to Final Round knows I don't stay in one place more than 5 minutes as i'm in constant motion the entire weekend. lol I don't know how other event guys have time to do panels while they have major event going on. I need to learn how to do that in the future, but I like to be hands on and be around everything but not staying on onething for a long time. Maybe I can do it at NEC if Eric ask me to do it there.
they can attend the Q&A only if they preregister :p