What's new

Question - Sub-Zero Got the game early, q&a about Subzero moveset etc(no story spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
From my impressions, he is very well rounded, has a low starter that you can combo from with 1 bar, a meterless overhead you can't combo from, far reaching normals etc

Only problem I see is the max damage I've found for cryomancer is 36% 1 bar, damage seems to be lacking in other variations but I've only tried Gmanster and Cryo.

EX Iceball is comboable from most of his strings and is -7 while pushing the opponent back at sweep distance, extremely deceiving animation which by looking at it I'd actually estimate -10.

Let's hope this isn't another Injustice in the sense of release patches changing frame data.

Repulsar

Noob
Cryo gives him an overhead but reactable hammer he can ex to get a combo out of. The hammer and ex iceball are what allow you to combo after f24.
Nice to have Qwark answering some questions also. I cant stream guys cause my internet speed is super lame.

Also Qwark are you on a PS4 or Xbone?

From my impressions, he is very well rounded, has a low starter that you can combo from with 1 bar, a meterless overhead you can't combo from, far reaching normals etc

Only problem I see is the max damage I've found for cryomancer is 36% 1 bar, damage seems to be lacking in other variations but I've only tried Gmanster and Cryo.

EX Iceball is comboable from most of his strings and is -7 while pushing the opponent back at sweep distance, extremely deceiving animation which by looking at it I'd actually estimate -10.

Let's hope this isn't another Injustice in the sense of release patches changing frame data.
Wait, you can't combo from the B2? It looked like you could at least get a Slide, possibly a run into D4 or something. Not even in the corner?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I saw in the game play that Sub can do hammer one after another is this true or is there a delay where the last hit must confirm to tie into a small string or slide?

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
My bad, in the corner you can, midscreen you can slide for 16%

Slide has godlike whiff recovery, 12f I believe. You're not punishing that shit on whiff unless you're on point.
What's slide's startup and on block frame data?

SGX

Noob
If this was any sooner, I'd be throwing money at either of you to overnight me a copy to the US. However, with my luck it would cost $100+ to do that, and get held up in customs for a week.

Also, if you're gonna stream, obviously don't do it on twitch. Jealous assholes will report you in no time.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
If this was any sooner, I'd be throwing money at either of you to overnight me a copy to the US. However, with my luck it would cost $100+ to do that, and get held up in customs for a week.

Also, if you're gonna stream, obviously don't do it on twitch. Jealous assholes will report you in no time.
Just don't title it under MKX, use a different game's name, like Brink

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

Won't be streaming, it's nice that I got the game early and all but I do want to respect the developer's decided time of release. Basic info like this seems harmless to give out.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Won't be streaming, it's nice that I got the game early and all but I do want to respect the developer's decided time of release. Basic info like this seems harmless to give out.
Much appreciated. This is the kind of info that I wanna have early access to.

Repulsar

Noob
I saw in the game play that Sub can do hammer one after another is this true or is there a delay where the last hit must confirm to tie into a small string or slide?

You can spam the ex hammer fast enough to perform a 3 hit combo but its a waste of meter.

The normal hammer has a delay and if the opponent blocks after he recovers from the knockdown, he blocks it. You can use it as a meaty attack though.

Status
Not open for further replies.